U.S. Fans, The NBC Olympics site opens in December 2005 | Golden Skate

U.S. Fans, The NBC Olympics site opens in December 2005

R.D.

Record Breaker
There's a short promo video if you go to the site right now, and then it tells you that the Olympics will be on the networks of NBC Universal (so they might be doing the same thing they did for the Athens Games) and that the site is opening Dec 2005. There are also links to various sports sites to learn the latest developments.

www.nbcolympics.com

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Thanks for the news & link, Red Dog. I sure hope that we will have the opportunity to see more complete coverage of skating prelims & finals (not just top 7 or 8 programs, as in 2002), on the subsidiary networks.

R.D.

Record Breaker
The site is up and running now. Lots of neat photos and vids of athletes, some I've never seen before. Great site.

JOHIO2

Medalist
It's about time they got that site up. I was beginning to wonder if they would by the time the flame gets to Torino. Now I gotta explore and see if it was worth the wait.

The site is so well done. Not easy when one thinks about all those events and sub-events to classify and list with dates and time, etc.:cool:

Red Dog - Who in figure skating is getting the most hype in this website?:)

Joe

CDMM1991

Medalist
Joesitz said:
The site is so well done. Not easy when one thinks about all those events and sub-events to classify and list with dates and time, etc.:cool:

Joe

Definitely Cohen, Joe. She is the featured figure skater, instead of Kwan. People in the media might finally be getting the idea that Michelle isn't the US's best hope at the Olympics.

Extremely well-done site. The pictures and videos are great. I loved re-watching some of the videos from 2002, especially Sasha's short program. Some of the interviews were great too. I really enjoyed Evan's Q&A, photos, and videos. He seems very down-to-earth and very personable. Tim seemed kind of over-confident and complaintive in his interview with about the quad but that was probably a bit out of context, and I didn't watch the other videos. There were no interviews or anything with Johnny :(.

But check this site out everybody! It's a great flashback and flash in to the future a the same time.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:

Well that's kind of a silly question to ask. The pictures are plastered all over the site. It's overkill.

I do feel that Cohen may get the press that Kwan did in 02. She can count herself lucky that's she's not skating at home, though like Kwan had to do. Not that it's bad or anything, but Cohen is anything but a clutch performer. Pressure on, chokes. Pressure off, falls.

I don't take hype so seriously. I am only interested in the sport. But there was and is so much discussion on hype and it's boring.

Joe

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Much of the articles, pictures and video on the NBC site are from the Media Summit thing and Michelle didn't attend the Summit so that might be one reason why Sasha seems to have more press on this site.

I've already bookmarked the site. Looks good so far! :clap:

JOHIO2

Medalist
You'll notice that they still haven't answered the question we fs fans have been asking forever -- just WHO will be the commentators in Turin? OK, we see that Dick Button will have his own little talk-show, but who will be doing the actual pbp?