Anybody seen the new pair of Annabelle Langlois and Cody Hay??? | Golden Skate

Anybody seen the new pair of Annabelle Langlois and Cody Hay???

chania36

On the Ice
:rock: Hi, I would like to know if someone has seen them skate together already and if yes what did you think, here is the link to the picture of both of them. Go see the link you will see her new partner, I wish them all the luck in the world, she is very very good, hope her partner is up to her standard. :clap:

I hope that she will have more luck with this new partner, she trains at the Mariposa Club now, with Lee Barkel, so the same coach has Jeff Buttle, this should be great for her, I hope they win the Canadians this year and I will be there in person to see them because Ilive in Ottawa, so will be enjoying the whole competition since I have a all event pass, hope to see many of great names. Since it is the qualification for the olympics, it should be very good.

http://www.patinagecanada.ca/fr/ath...profile.cfm?strregid=1063497&strcategory=pair

Last edited:

chania36

On the Ice
Well first of all, they were a couple off the ice, then they broke up on the New years day last year, but they were at canadians where they placed 3rd and did not go to the Worlds, they were top 5 in the worlds a couple of years ago, Patrice was getting older, and he did not want to skate anymore and it was difficult to skate with his ex lover he though, so they decided right after canadian, last year, to end their partnership. So now I was so sad because they were good and Annabelle was very promissing being a pair skater, so we did not know what she would do, finding a right partner isnt easy but she did, so I never had any feedback on those two, Langlois and Hay, but they seem to have a great chemestry, so we will see what that will give, Annabelle went to the olympics in 2002, but I am sure she would love to go back and get even higher in the standings, she is capable of great thins..

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
chania36 said:
:rock: Hi, I would like to know if someone has seen them skate together already and if yes what did you think, here is the link to the picture of both of them. Go see the link you will see her new partner, I wish them all the luck in the world, she is very very good, hope her partner is up to her standard. :clap:

I hope that she will have more luck with this new partner, she trains at the Mariposa Club now, with Lee Barkel, so the same coach has Jeff Buttle, this should be great for her, I hope they win the Canadians this year and I will be there in person to see them because Ilive in Ottawa, so will be enjoying the whole competition since I have a all event pass, hope to see many of great names. Since it is the qualification for the olympics, it should be very good.

http://www.patinagecanada.ca/fr/ath...profile.cfm?strregid=1063497&strcategory=pair

The look cute together. She looks happy. I hope it transcends to her skating. Looking forward to seeing them skate. thanks!

cosmictears10

On the Ice
I have tickets for Skate Canada and Anabelle and Cody are on the list of competitors, so I really hope that they don't pull out because i'm really excited to see this new pair! I hope they are a good match, and they have much success in their career!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Chele615 would probably be able to tell you all you need to know and then some about this pair... she was a huge fan of Langlois & Archetto and has kept up with Annabelle's career since then... I'm surprised she hasn't posted a reply yet :laugh:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Chele is out of town this weekend but I'm sure she'll chime in here when she gets back. She did see them skate at Thornhill earlier this summer and I know she wouldn't mind sharing her impressions! Just give her time to get home. I'll make sure she knows about this thread too. :agree:

I can't wait to see Anabelle & Cody skate and compete at Skate Canada. I am very interested to see how they are doing and I hope they have a great year. :rock:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KwanFan1212 said:
Chele is out of town this weekend but I'm sure she'll chime in here when she gets back. She did see them skate at Thornhill earlier this summer and I know she wouldn't mind sharing her impressions! Just give her time to get home. I'll make sure she knows about this thread too. :agree:

I can't wait to see Anabelle & Cody skate and compete at Skate Canada. I am very interested to see how they are doing and I hope they have a great year. :rock:

why did I not know she was out of town???? good grief I need to pay more attention! LOL

can't wait to read her reports again :laugh: :agree:

mumboman

Rinkside
Patrice is currently coaching in Montreal. Annabell and Cody look great together, had the chance to see them skate together before they announced the partnership. Some people feel they will Canadians this year and may be a dark horse at the olympics.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
I saw them in Torino's gala on saturday night. It seemed to me they haven't found the right unison yet. They skated to their sp, fell both on sbs jump attempt and she on the throw 3loop, sbs spins were pretty messy. They looked rather slow but I guess this is just because they've been skating together for just a short time. Judging that performance, it is difficult for me to say if they'll be top contenders in the future.

Julie O

Rinkside
Awwww, too bad about the Torino Gala performance.. :eek:hwell: , but as many a skater has said, it's a start to learn where they need the most work and, it's a performance to build on. I hope they have a great season. Annabel is a very strong skater, but she has struggled with the SBS jumps in the past. It is mildly interesting that she decided against having Jan Allmark (sp?) continue as her coach.

Julie

Chele615

Rinkside
Ooh...my type of thread, one where I can Anabelle gush :)

I have seen Anabelle and Cody skate a couple times since they have gotten together as a team. First, my friend and made a trip down to Newington, CT for a little skating rink sightseeing and were lucky enough to go down there at the time that Anabelle and Cody were getting choreography from Nikolai. Needless to say, I was so excited!!! So we sat and watched them work mainly on the footwork part of their short program. That day, we didn't any jumps or throws or lifts or anything, just footwork (with the exception of one throw double jump that they seemed to just throw in at the end of the section for no reason really). But they seemed to work well together and after seeing that session, I was (and still am) very excited about their future together. They really complement each other well and look good together on a purely superficial level as well. And man, he's tall ;)

Then I was lucky enough to go to the Thornhil summer skate this past summer and see them compete their short program there. It was great to see the program completely done and all put together. When we were in Newington, we didn't get the chance to see a run through or anything, so I was really looking forward to seeing the program. They had some issues here and there....but the jumps and throw were landed and there was a little mistiming on the spins. Not bad for the first time competing the program. They pulled out of the long program that weekend because Cody had been having back issues.

We were also able to chat with Anabelle a couple times at both places and both her and Cody seemed very excited about the new partnership and working at Mariposa. They both liked their coach and felt that they could be successful there. Although I have read that their Torino gala performance was kind of shaky, I'm hoping that they are able to go out at Skate Canada and just skate two clean programs.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I knew Chele would find this post eventually. Thanks for the report! I look foward to seeing their programs soon too! :agree: