Jeff Buttle and Beethoven.... | Golden Skate

Jeff Buttle and Beethoven....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
While driving home from work lately I have been playing one of my Beethoven CDs which features Beethoven's Sixth Symphony - the Patorale. Everytime I hear this music, I picture Jeff Buttle skating to it.

It's one of Beethoven's most uplifting symphonies. The music is inspiring and joyful. I can see Jeff skating with such joy and expression. It would be magic.

I hope Jeff has a good season again this year and I am looking forward to seeing his new programs. What ever he skates to it will be a treat to watch.

I have noticed that not very many skaters attempt Beethoven. I wonder if they are afaid that the music will overwhelm the skating. I think the third movement of the Beethoven violin concerto would be amazing for skating. Jeff is one of the few skaters who could bring it off, IMHO.

Mathman

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Beethoven's "Pastoral" is one of my absolute favorite pieces of classical music and I've always wondered why no elite skaters (to my knowledge) have ever used it... but I've since come to the realization that editing this music down would be very challenging.

Jeff Buttle is skating a tribute to the Canadian pianist Glenn Gould (well known for his recording of Bach's "Goldberg" Variations) as his free skate this season.

BTW, Michael Weiss's free skate this season is all Beethoven -- his Fifth Symphony, Moonlight Sonata, and "Ode to Joy" from the Ninth Symphony.

Sylvia said:
...BTW, Michael Weiss's free skate this season is all Beethoven -- his Fifth Symphony, Moonlight Sonata, and "Ode to Joy" from the Ninth Symphony.
Speaking of editing challenges!!

nicole_l

Final Flight
For the past three years someone's skated to Trans-Siberian's Beethoven's Last Night:
03: Shen / Zhao
04: Roman Serov
05: Inoue / Baldwin