Tiffany Scott Competing? | Golden Skate

Tiffany Scott Competing?

sk8m8

Final Flight
I didn't know that Tiffany Scott had chosen to go on skating competitively. "Tiffany Scott/Rusty Fein" are entrants into the Nebelhorn-Trophy 2005 in a week or so. Anyone have some info on this pairing?

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Scott said at the end of last year that she respected Dulebohn's decision, but she wasn't ready to retire and was looking for another partner.

cianni

On the Ice
Yes

Tiffany and her new partner are practicing at UofD and going through a program. They are looking good. I cant say they are competing but if listed maybe they are. I will ask.

S

SkateFan4Life

Without being overly negative, I really don't expect too much from Tiffany Scott and her new partner. Scott just never really achieved greatness as a skater, despite the fact that she was a US pairs champion, competed at the Olympics and at Worlds. To me, at least, she was always missing something - maybe the confidence and conviction to skate and compete like a champion. She just seemed tentative - more afraid to lose and make mistakes than anything else. And the sloppy programs she skated with Dulebohn. Sorry, but some of them were almost an embarrassment at that level. You would expect young skaters still learning the jumps, spins, and lifts to make simple errors occasionally, but skaters with the many years of experience as S and D skating with so much trouble - well, I really wondered why they stayed so long in the competitive arena.

If Tiffany finds another partner and actually gets her act together, that's great, but please let's not have another pairing that creates messy, error-ridden programs.

All of the above is my views, of course.

nicole_l

Final Flight
I think one thing to remember is that the pairs program in the United States is pretty weak. Additionally, pairs skating seems to have more errors than singles. After all, you have to get two people to synchronize triple jumps. It's hard enough to land them on your own.

dr.frog

On the Ice
SkateFan4Life said:
Without being overly negative, I really don't expect too much from Tiffany Scott and her new partner. ...blah blah blah.... If Tiffany finds another partner and actually gets her act together, that's great, but please let's not have another pairing that creates messy, error-ridden programs.

Yeah, forget about skaters doing what *they* want -- it's all about what *you* want to see, or not see, in this case. :sheesh: Tiffany and Rusty obviously both enjoy skating and competing and want to continue participating in the sport with some modest goals to work towards. They aren't going to take away anybody's Olympic medal with those "messy, error-ridden programs", so what's it to you if they want to skate together?

boggartlaura

On the Ice
SkateFan4Life said:
Without being overly negative, I really don't expect too much from Tiffany Scott and her new partner.
That's how I felt, until I saw their SP at Liberty. I thought it was very unique and well done, despite being such a new pair.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Exactly, if you don't want to watch them NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO. Just because YOU find them boring it doesn't mean YOU decide for the rest of us. And most especially you DONT'T decide for THEM. If Tiffany wants to skate who gives a flipping rip if she's good. It's HER decision and rightfully so.

I am excited. I enjoyed Tiffany & Phillip, and I can't wait to see the new team :clap:

jesslily

Final Flight
No matter how they will be placed in major competitions, I respect Tiffany Scott's drive and determination to compete with a new partner. She really loves skating and competing. It's something special for a skater who is newly happily married.

cianni

On the Ice
Yep

She is married and I met her husband. He is a good looking guy. They seem happy. Let her skate if she wants to if its OK with him its Ok with me.

S

SkateFan4Life

dr.frog said:
Yeah, forget about skaters doing what *they* want -- it's all about what *you* want to see, or not see, in this case. :sheesh: Tiffany and Rusty obviously both enjoy skating and competing and want to continue participating in the sport with some modest goals to work towards. They aren't going to take away anybody's Olympic medal with those "messy, error-ridden programs", so what's it to you if they want to skate together?

I am entitled to express my opinion, and my opinion on Tiffany Scott is that I was never impressed with her skating, plain and simple. If that "bothers you", that's simply too, too, bad.

On the other hand, if this new partnership brings out the talent and confidence that, perhaps, have been lying below the surface, and Tiffany blossoms as a skater, then that's wonderful. Certainly, I'm not suggesting that she's about to take away anyone's Olympic medal.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Link to Tiffany Scott/Rusty Fein's USFS athlete bio that was recently published:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/AthletePairBio.asp?id=30809

Their choreographers are Gwendal Peizerat (short program) and Shanti Ruchpaul (free skate -- Ruchpaul choreographed Annissina/Peizerat's memorable 1998 "Romeo & Juliet" free dance). This is definitely a "new choreographic direction" for Tiffany Scott, and I'm looking forward to seeing this pair's development this season. Here's hoping they have a good experience in their first international together at Nebelhorn Trophy this coming week!

sk8m8

Final Flight
I also find it intriguing that Philip Dulebohn is listed as one of the coaches. I know that part of Tiffany's problems skating have been injury related. Hip flexor problems or something similar...true that S&D never really bowl me over, however in their defense that it's hard to practice those "point getting elements" when you can't even complete the simple ones without pain.

I look forward to seeing them skate. Skaters have surprised me before. Another pleasant one is just in order. :yes:

S

SkateFan4Life

boggartlaura said:
That's how I felt, until I saw their SP at Liberty. I thought it was very unique and well done, despite being such a new pair.

Good luck to this new pair! Maybe this will be the spark to propel Tiffany to new levels of greatness, or at least to new levels of personal success and happiness as she skates.