VCR Alert Gran Gala Lancia Ice, Turin | Golden Skate

VCR Alert Gran Gala Lancia Ice, Turin

orchid

On the Ice
Evgeni Plushenko, Irina Slutskaya, Stephane Lambiel and the whole Italian and Canadian national teams

Highlights of this exhibition will be shown on Eurosport on Wednesday, September 28, from 23.15 to 0.15 CET.

;)

orchid said:
Evgeni Plushenko, Irina Slutskaya, Stephane Lambiel and the whole Italian and Canadian national teams

Highlights of this exhibition will be shown on Eurosport on Wednesday, September 28, from 23.15 to 0.15 CET.

;)
How did all this come about? and why wasn't Sasha C. involved? and when did it actually happen? and how can I see it in this forum?

Joe

Sk8swan

On the Ice
It was a great pre-olympic show starring the skaters who trained in Torino (the Italian and the Canadian team) for some time before the gala. Plus 3 guest stars: Plushenko, Slutskaya, Lambiel. Sasha was not there simply cause the American team was not there. I know they had been given the chance to train in Torino just like the Canadians but for whatever reason they declined.

millie

Medalist
The Canadian Team is there because they will be there training in Torino(in the Olympic rinks) for 10 days, starting this week. The Italian team will be there also. The American Team was invited also, but they declined.

They say it was an excellent show to see. Irina did her triple-triples and she seems to have lost weight and in full form.

millie

Medalist
Joesitz said:
How did all this come about? and why wasn't Sasha C. involved? and when did it actually happen? and how can I see it in this forum?

Joe

Joesitz, you are out of the loop! You can go to all the forums and get all the news about Tourin. Up to the moment details and scope from the loop. :rofl: :yes: :rofl: :rofl:

millie said:
Joesitz, you are out of the loop! You can go to all the forums and get all the news about Tourin. Up to the moment details and scope from the loop. :rofl: :yes: :rofl: :rofl:
I don't know why you are so enraptured with ROFL :rofl: in just about every post you make. Is it all that hysterical?

BTW, I do not go to other forums. This is it. I have a very active life outside of skating. Maybe you might think about living a life. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Joe

millie

Medalist
Joesitz said:
I don't know why you are so enraptured with ROFL :rofl: in just about every post you make. Is it all that hysterical?

BTW, I do not go to other forums. This is it. I have a very active life outside of skating. Maybe you might think about living a life. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Joe

Hey man get a grip!!! Can't you take a joke!! Have you ever heard of the saying "Laughter is the best medicine". Everybody has active lifestyles, but you have to take a break sometime. Yes, it is hysterical, when you react like this; we are not talking about life and death situations, were are only talking about the beauty pageant of figure skating. You get serious when you start talking about the Monteal Canadian v.s. the Toronto Maple Leafs. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take a CHILL PILL, relax and if you think this is drama, just wait until the skating starts, look out, if we don't agree with your opinins. I will make a point in further posts that I will put on a :frown: for you. Life is serious enough, without bringing your :scowl: to the forums. By the way, sorry if I offended you, I am not that type of person. Here's another :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: for you.

Not defending my position on going to other forums, but for your information, I went to the Skate Canada web site and seen the report on the Gala in Tourin because there was no information on this forum. and I waited until someone else posted to give my two cents worth.

Last edited:

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Millie, your quote about the Canadian and Italian team training in Torino is slightly off-time. The skaters left yesterday ;)
Irina didn't any 3-3 combos (and what for anyway? it was just a show ;)), *only* 3loop and 3toe. She looked in nice shape though :)

millie

Medalist
Sk8swan said:
Millie, your quote about the Canadian and Italian team training in Torino is slightly off-time. The skaters left yesterday ;)
Irina didn't any 3-3 combos (and what for anyway? it was just a show ;)), *only* 3loop and 3toe. She looked in nice shape though :)

Sorry, timing off. It's not only about the gala, it was about the 10 day training sesson. I agree with you that the gala was just a show, just like Campbells.

Millie - You could do a bit of chilling out. :rock: :rock: :rock:
You could try getting away from your computer instead of visiting 12 forums a day. Go to a movie; take a walk, get away from the hysterics. It'll do you good. :)

millie

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Millie - You could do a bit of chilling out. :rock: :rock: :rock:
You could try getting away from your computer instead of visiting 12 forums a day. Go to a movie; take a walk, get away from the hysterics. It'll do you good. :)

Joesitz, what a joke :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just look at the number of posts you have on this forum 9294 in total, now who needs a life, you should take your own advice.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Okay back to the ice show. Millie and Joesitz can PM if necessary.

Joesitz I'm sure if it's on Eurosport, someone will post it on fsvids which I know you're not a member of, but if it is, I will copy and paste the yousendit links here, if possible. I'm looking forward to this too :)

ETA: There are already two videos on fsvids from Italian TV. I'm sure there will be more later. Anyways for now here are the two:

Carolina Kostner- "Ave Maria"

Stephane Lambiel- "Beautiful"

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
thanks

Thanks for the links...what a lovely skate by Lambiel....I loved it!

I'm downloading Caro's now...a little ambivalent about watching any Ave Marie after Buttle's last year...now that was amazing...but here goes...thanks again!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks CDMM....

....for posting the videos! I love Ave Maria, and will listen to anyone's rendition of it. So of course I enjoyed Caro's version, as I did Buttle's version, T&M's version, and everyone else's version on ice!! On my computer anyway, the video was a bit choppy :( (but I'm grateful to see anything right now!!). But it sure looks to me like Caro is maturing in her presentation. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part!!

I also enjoyed Stephan's Beautiful performance. I always find myself waiting on the edge of my seat for his first spin!!!

Thanks for sharing.... Can't wait for the season to begin.

DG

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Doggygirl said:
....for posting the videos! I love Ave Maria, and will listen to anyone's rendition of it. So of course I enjoyed Caro's version, as I did Buttle's version, T&M's version, and everyone else's version on ice!! On my computer anyway, the video was a bit choppy :( (but I'm grateful to see anything right now!!). But it sure looks to me like Caro is maturing in her presentation. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part!!

Unfortunately I can't get that channel too neat and then my capture card is pretty crappy so that's why the vids aren't the best... :frown:
I hope you enjoyed them anyway.
Caro and Stephane were the highlights of the show for me. Stephane got such an amazing reaction from the crowd you'd think there was an italian skater on the ice! I enjoyed his program immensily :rock:
I'm probably not the best person to say this as I know I'm biased but I saw so much improvement in Carolina. And most important of all I saw a different attitude in her. She amazed me Saturday night :)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Sk8swan said:
Unfortunately I can't get that channel too neat and then my capture card is pretty crappy so that's why the vids aren't the best... :frown:
I hope you enjoyed them anyway.
Caro and Stephane were the highlights of the show for me. Stephane got such an amazing reaction from the crowd you'd think there was an italian skater on the ice! I enjoyed his program immensily :rock:
I'm probably not the best person to say this as I know I'm biased but I saw so much improvement in Carolina. And most important of all I saw a different attitude in her. She amazed me Saturday night :)

PLEASE don't apologize for your video card. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates seeing anything and everything via the internet!!

It sounds like you saw what I saw in Caro. (so maybe I'm not crazy LOL!) I can't wait to see her competitive programs this year. I hope she can bring that level of feeling and presentation from this EX program to the competition ice. She is just lovely, IMO. I hope she fulfills her potention. She's still very young so I hope we have several more years to enjoy her skating!

DG

emma

Record Breaker
Sk8swan said:

I have to agree (about Carolina and improving)...I loved that program...it was really light and gentle and that version of Ave Maria is really nice too.

Just a question...I saw Plushy taking his bow in one of the vids...did you see him skate...and if so, what did he skate to and how was it?

thanks again for the links.

S

SkateFan4Life

I wonder why the US team declined to train in Torino. IMHO, it would have given them a great preview of the Olympic site.

I remember back in 1991 that Trophee Lalique was held at Albertville, the site of the 1992 Winter Olympics. Midori Ito won the women's competition, Kristi Yamaguchi was second, and Nancy Kerrigan was third. Frankly, I expected that to be the Olympic podium, and indeed, the same trio won medals, but in a different order, of course.

Tonya Harding, then the US national champion and 1991 World silver medalist, and also the recent winner of the 1991 Skate America competition, had the opportunity to compete at Albertville, but she declined. One of those "up close and personal interviews" shown during the broadcast of this competition had her explain her reasoning. To paraphrase, she said, "I want to go in to Albertville cold turkey, with no preconceived notions. What if I competed there and bombed? I would be fearful about the Olympics. What if I competed there and won? I would have a big head for the Olympics."

As it happened, Tonya had jet lag for the Olympics, as she arrived at Albertville just a few days before the short program. Go figure. :scratch:

Sk8swan

On the Ice
emma said:
I have to agree (about Carolina and improving)...I loved that program...it was really light and gentle and that version of Ave Maria is really nice too.

Just a question...I saw Plushy taking his bow in one of the vids...did you see him skate...and if so, what did he skate to and how was it?

thanks again for the links.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to think Caro has improved :)

Yes, I saw Plushy. He skated his Edvin Marton lp, the first part in the first half of the show and the second part in the second half. I'd have preferred him to skate 2 different programs but oh well... he's such a crowd pleaser anyway! Most noticable thing was he tried a 3axel but stepped out of it.

I have the whole show on tape as Italian channel SportItalia broadcast the whole thing live. I can't make more clips at the moment but I'm sure there will be more around soon as the gala is gonna be shown on Eurosport tonight :)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the video clips! I agree that Caroline has improved. Actually I would say that she has improved a lot, everything looked really flowing. Also I noticed that Stephane has improved in his presentation, which of course already earlier was good. Also I liked the way he went into the jumps and executed them. He kind of looked really confident. His spins have always been fantastic.