Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Z/Z did a perfect quad throw in competition!

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    Well, from what I read in chinese (an interview with Bin Yao) and translated Rusian article. most international judges and Rusian experts think Pang/Tong is the most 'artistry' team amoung top chinese pairs. Peggy's opinion as well.
    That is their reputation, but it's mostly because of Tong. Dick Button called him the "Nureyev" of skating. I would love to see him paired with Julia Obertas and have Moskvina retrain him on throw technique and give him that extra ounce of polish.

Custom Title
    He's ice dancer before skated as pair. The thing this team lack is the consistancy. Especially Tong. Pang is coming along nicely last couple of years. Most chinese fans likes Pang the most. According to them in person, she is the most stylish one. Guess it just took time for her to develop, this pair will 'glow' presentation wise, I believe, especially Pang. They are the most "quite"/"inwards"/"shyish" (lack of words from my english repository) pair amoung all Bin Yao's pairs. From my observation this type personality often a late blooming.

I think Pang & Tong have a potential to be even more loved in the West than S&Z. For a Western eyes, P&T are more beautiful (from a conventional, not skating perspective), and I think it's important for the love of Western audience.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    I think Pang & Tong have a potential to be even more loved in the West than S&Z. For a Western eyes, P&T are more beautiful (from a conventional, not skating perspective), and I think it's important for the love of Western audience.
    Agreed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228
    I was disappointed to read on FSU that Pang/Tong have a beautifully choreographed LP, and the Zhangs' is just okay.)
    Just read from a chinese board that Sarah Kawahara is Pang/Tong's choreographer this season.

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng
    Guess it just took time for her to develop, this pair will 'glow' presentation wise, I believe, especially Pang. They are the most "quite"/"inwards"/"shyish" (lack of words from my english repository) pair amoung all Bin Yao's pairs. From my observation this type personality often a late blooming.
    Pang/Tong were the featured skaters that appeared at the "farewell" dinner of the tour I took to Worlds last year. They are being groomed to court US audiences by their management. I have to admire how two shy people took on a crowd of crazy North Americans in English. They were both lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by hongligl
    Don't know if it is posted here or not, but Z/Z of China did a perfect throw quadral sal in the National Game of China. I saw a clip, it appeared as easy as a triple to them.
    Does anyone have a video of this competition?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Does anyone have a video of this competition?
    I went there too late. They pulled off all their pairs National clips off the line. And the members were warn not to circulate the clips to international because they all need to keep secret.....lol. seems now adays FS programs become top secret.

But read from the board, sounds like Pang/Tong indeed improved a lot presentation wise. They need to nail the jumps, especially Tong, he doubled two of his triple. Toe in combo. Sal in sbs.......Sounds like they take the rule change positively, it motivated to meet the new chanlange. They heard nothing, absolute nothing before the official rule change, even one of their senior international judge for ISU heard nothing about it before hand.....But now when asked, they take it as a new chanlenge, said it's good and necessary to advance the sport, push athletes.

But BinYao brought up an interesting point, that the points assigned to throw quad is too low, IHO. It was 8 points for a throw quad (the one Z/Z performed), but at least 9 points for a quad in single. Yet there are only two of team can perform throw quad but at least 10 single skaters in the world can perform quad..
    Last edited by mzheng; 09-27-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    After the crap that happened at Worlds when T&M accused the Zhangs of deliberately crashing into them, I'd like to see the Zhangs kick their a$$es.
    You know I resented those comments toward Z/Z, and I really like T/M, but when they and their coach started these accusations of the Zhangs crashing with them on purpose, it really bothered me, 'cause they are not the type to do that. Plus, if any pair chose to crash against the bigger threat, then they would have crashed to S/Z. I felt really bad for Z/Z to be accused like that, but I'm sure they have already put that behind them.

Going back to topic, it would be interesting to compare O/S quad twist against Z/Z quad twist... I would give the edge to the latter.

I hope this isn't too off topic. Are the two Zhangs related? Or is it just a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    I hope this isn't too off topic. Are the two Zhangs related? Or is it just a coincidence?
    No, they are not related, so it is just a coincidence.

Custom Title
    I couldn't download the vedios but even I could I wouldn't post it as the source restricts the distribution of those vedios. But from what I read in the chinese board, Pang comes a long way since last year, she nailed both triples (one is new to her) and her presentation now finally matches that of Tong's. Their two programs are highly praised by the viewers, described as exquisite. I know there are some profassionals in dancing in that forum and they were pretty picky on Pang. Now it seems that all are convinced that Pang/Tong are truely artistic and as they observed Pang/Tong are more polished, paying attention to every details and there are more connection and communications between them. Both Pang/Tong and Zhang/Zhang have upgraded their difficulties a lot. I can't wait to watch their new programs, seems that I have something to expect this year finally after Shen/Zhao withdrew. I also want to see Russian's Pv/Tv and O/S(mostly O), and the German pair. As for T/M I don't care what they have, not my class. Their coach even said he does not believe Hongbo really tore his Achilles Tendon. He said it is probably just a propaganda to confuse other contenders I feel pity for these people.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru
    No, they are not related, so it is just a coincidence.
    Nop. They are not related. Zhang is one of the biggest last name used in china.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl
    Their coach even said he does not believe Hongbo really tore his Achilles Tendon. He said it is probably just a propaganda to confuse other contenders I feel pity for these people.
    If this is true, then I just lost a lot of respect fo that coach.

I still am so heartbroken about not seeing Shen and Zhao compete this season (compete fully, I still have hopes about at late season appearance)....I just love them so much and wanted one more season to watch them. Anyway, having said that, this news about the Zhangs and the developments with Pang and Tong is really exciting. I can't wait to see their new programs!

SkateFan4Life
    The bar is really being raised farther and farther, isn't it? Hopefully, Z & Z won't injure themselves with this move. It's spectacular, for sure, but it's certainly risky. Oh well, the sky's the limit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast