2005 Nationals on ESPN last evening - Sasha Cohen's long program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2005 Nationals on ESPN last evening - Sasha Cohen's long program

gezando

Final Flight
kyla2 said:
Well, I can see that you remember everything I have ever written and deliberately take it out of context, and give every word and every sentence I have ever written its most negative connotation.
Oh I don't rmember everything you have ever written, just the personal attacks that you have unreasonably hurled.
What kind of positive connotation can you spin on "I will gladly bet your life on anything"????

What kind of positive connotation can you spin on "But the in the field I work in, your post would be called "flight of ideas" which describes a psychiatric problem"???

IMO, the only context that can be applied is the context that you provided, i.e. what field of work you do.

BTW, when you first came here, I told you that I have a ton of respect for people in your field of work,

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
^^^You guys have gotten way off topic in this thread (and personal attacks on each other will not be tolerated either) so please take any further discussions or arguments about non topic related subjects to PM. Consider this a warning. :eek:hwell:

KwanFan1212 said:
^^^You guys have gotten way off topic in this thread (and personal attacks on each other will not be tolerated either) so please take any further discussions or arguments about non topic related subjects to PM. Consider this a warning. :eek:hwell:

AMEN!!!​

Kuchana

On the Ice
Despite how I'm not a fan of Cohen's skating, I, too, have noticed a marked improvement in her this past year. She seems to veer towards the path of fighting instead of being timid but she needs to head full on if she hopes to contend for OG.

As for comparing her with Michelle, there are very few skaters in the world that could skate like either of them. In fact, I don't know of any but I'd vouch to say that there's not a lot that has the ability of either. From Sasha, she mesmirizes with her balletic grace and beauty but that's all I get from her. I'm not drawn by her emotionally but I certainly appreciate her beauty and the artistry she has on ice even though I don't think it compares with Michelle's. Michelle on the other hand while not in the balletic category as Sasha, has this emotional appeal that I "get." I'm waiting to get that from Sasha but I don't think I will.....*knock on wood*

And let me say this but I'd be shocked if some unknown a la Meissner skates away with the OG. Please God no.

OwenEvans

Rinkside
Belita

If you were older than me you would have seen a skater called Belita in several ice skating movies, which unfortunatley never made it to tape. Belita was the first super-flexible skater with spirals in the 180 degree position, and as much as she was acrobatic, she was also most ballet-like. In fact at that time most of the ladies were all balletic like. It was the time to show the public that Henie's kitchy Koo could be done differently and more in psuedo artistry.

Years ago, when I lived in England, I saw a Belita movie late, late, laaaate one night and was so intrigued I did a little research on her.

Belita could be most properly compared to Katherine Healey in that she had a classical ballet background, moreso than ice skating, turned pro at 14 somewhere in the late 1930s (hello Tara!) and appeared in several skating movies and many ice shows, which were extremely popular in the UK until the mid-50s.

Just some trivia....

:)

shine

Record Breaker
:laugh: And a rebroadcast of a skater's LP from this year's nationals can generate 5 pages of replies!

R.D.

Record Breaker
shine said:
:laugh: And a rebroadcast of a skater's LP from this year's nationals can generate 5 pages of replies!

Three skaters could pull this off: Kwan, Cohen and Slutskaya.

But remember that the meat of this thread was just a bunch of useless bantering and arguing between parties, and not on the actual topic at hand.

OwenEvans said:
Years ago, when I lived in England, I saw a Belita movie late, late, laaaate one night and was so intrigued I did a little research on her.

Belita could be most properly compared to Katherine Healey in that she had a classical ballet background, moreso than ice skating, turned pro at 14 somewhere in the late 1930s (hello Tara!) and appeared in several skating movies and many ice shows, which were extremely popular in the UK until the mid-50s.

Just some trivia....:)
I believe she skated against Sonia in that last Olys in Garmisch. Her name I think was Helen Belita Jepson. More trivia.

Joe

cutiepatutie

Rinkside
Like I said on another post sooner or later if the topic has Sasha's name in it, it won't be long before we see gezando. It only took 5 posts this time... :scowl: