Fumie withdraws from Japan Challenge | Golden Skate

Fumie withdraws from Japan Challenge

Two weeks to recover. :cry: I guess she's out of Campbell's as well.

All these injuries. This is definitely a young person's sport. By the time you hit your mid-twenties, it seems like it is one thing after another.

Mathman

mzheng

Record Breaker
This is going to be a stressful season for every skater.....not to try to be 'smart' but I think the 'Injury' will hit when the GP gets going....

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so sorry to learn of this news. :cry: I hope Fumie will have enough time to recover so that she will have a strong chance to make the Japanese Olympic team.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Not good. It makes me wonder how many similar announcements we'll get this season. This is when the training kicks into high gear and the skaters prepare for the Olys.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
iluvtodd said:
I am so sorry to learn of this news. :cry: I hope Fumie will have enough time to recover so that she will have a strong chance to make the Japanese Olympic team.

I share your sentiments. Fumie is one of my faves, and I sure hope to be watching her performances come Oly's!!

Fingers crossed for Fumie and a speedy (oops - cross that out) FAST recovery.

DG

hongligl

Final Flight
That's too bad. I hope she can have a speedy recovery. Fumie is a lovely skater and she shone last season in presentation, much better than before IMO and much prettier. I hope she can get her loop back (do I remember it right?) I, too, would like to see her in the olympics.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
As desperate as we are to see some skating I would rather do without the GP series and have more skaters healthy for the Olympics.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Apparently this injury is not a serious one fortunately, I understood from the article. I´m wishing a speedy recovery to Fumie!

Well, injuries are connected with every athletic sport, I believe. And athletes are there to compete in events, in many events during a season. Not just to participate in shows, cheesefests, their own Nationals and Worlds/Olympics.

anniemg

Rinkside
A groin injury is not always that serious, sometimes it's nothing really, but you must let it heal cause it can get worse.

Get well soon Fumie!!! :)

urmaniac13

Rinkside
I also wish the best for Fumie. She is one of the very few female skaters right now who has got a pure artistry and genuine feel for the music, a real joy to watch. It would be a pity if she misses out on the Olympics...

Thanks for joining us Urmaniac (great name :agree: ). It is always a pleasure to hear views from around the world.

Mathman :)

urmaniac13

Rinkside
Mathman said:
Thanks for joining us Urmaniac (great name :agree: ). It is always a pleasure to hear views from around the world.

Mathman :)

My pleasure Mathman!! I am actually an american who's got a soft spot for many Russian skaters... although I love living in Italy, the only problem here is that the public interest for this sport is practically 0. (I hope Carolina Kostner wins a medal in Torino...this will help the matter a lot, also she is a lovely skater she deserves more attention!!) I was really in need to talk some skating and share my interests with others, I am glad to find this forum!!