TT may spend summer's at MK's rink | Golden Skate

TT may spend summer's at MK's rink

Great interview. Thanks, Kathy and Nadya!

The “inimitable” Tatiana Tarasova! Interesting comments about the New Judging System: “(These new) rules, in my opinion, are moronic. However, a generation will come along that will work under them successfully. The winner will be the skater who will be able to marry technical difficulty with the program components. The most important thing will be to not let technical difficulty overshadow artistic value and integrity of the program.”

Also:

“Q. How did Arakawa feel about you developing programs for Kwan?”

”A. I didn’t ask about her feelings.”

:rofl:

Thanks Kathy for the link.

3 months of Michelle and she may be out there in the summers to come! Do you think Michelle will try for Oly 2010? :laugh:

I hope she gets a rink in Moscow. I'd hate to see her not be wanted there. Of course, the summers in California will be perfect for her and her diverse champion wannabees.

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Joesitz said:
... she may be out there in the summers to come! ...

I hope she gets a rink in Moscow. I'd hate to see her not be wanted there. Of course, the summers in California will be perfect for her and her diverse champion wannabees.

Joe

I would think she wants to spend the winters in California.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Of course, the summers in California will be perfect for her and her diverse champion wannabees.

Joe

Yeah. I guess this shall explain to those who gave a dig at the time that all other skaters went to TT for choreograph only MK to have TT over to her rink....TT might get invited to EW rink to check out the new place.....beside not as if MK never go other place for choreograph. IIRC it was reported MK went to Morosova for choreograph at 2003 and 2004 seasons. (a little OT here)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, well. Interesting move on her part.

She really seems dig working with Kwan. She has a lot of respect for her and doesn't seem to care where she's from. A sign of a great coach.

Seems like (Kwan) means business this year.

millie

Medalist
Quote:

My, she seems like a really sweet and caring person!!!!
With friends like her, who needs enemies!!!! :scowl: :scowl:

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
millie said:
Quote:

As tough as it sounds, these are business relationships. Unless someone is paying really HUGE $$ for exclusivity, then the professionals have every right to work with more than one skater, so long as they follow their contractual obligations - verbal or otherwise.

DG

mzheng

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
I would think she wants to spend the winters in California.
If there is winter Camp at those rinks she might as well.

I always thought had Sasha stayed with TT. TT might ask what Sasha's (or her mother's) feeling.....But again MK might not make the call to TT.

Really, nothing against TT or Arakawa. TT always shown she is a really careing coach. And from the way TT talked (from a Rusian translation a while ago) Arakawa is really a 'listening/respecting' students. The thing is Japanese Federation acted as if they don't give TT total control over Arakawa. They assigned another Japanese coach to Arakawa as if don't want TT taking full credit.

It's nice for Sasha send TT a signed book showing her gratitude to her former coach, even she was only coached her for couple of seasons.....which brought back the disscussion in another thread.....they both shown the classy. Not as estranged once two splited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the complete quote in context:

"Q. Aren’t any of your skaters jealous? How did Arakawa feel about you developing programs for Kwan?"

"A. I didn’t ask about her feelings. My job is to help skaters. I never promised them any exclusive arrangements. I do what I can and what I find interesting. I don’t pursue or chase anyone, I don’t pitch my business, I don’t pull on their sleeves. In fact, I speak no foreign languages. When people need me, they get hold of my phone number and call me, just like Michelle did."

I wonder if Michelle has a detailed plan in place gradually to attract the most famous coaches to her facility, and make it THE place to train in California.

MM

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
millie said:
Quote:

Well, I would suggest that you don't look to your coach/choreographer to be your friend...that's not their job. TT is a pro. It's nice to hear that (so far) the team of TT and MK has worked out well. My fingers are crossed that these two legends will produce a legendary OGM winning performance :biggrin: .

Hikaru

Final Flight
Piel said:
Well, I would suggest that you don't look to your coach/choreographer to be your friend...that's not their job. TT is a pro. It's nice to hear that (so far) the team of TT and MK has worked out well. My fingers are crossed that these two legends will produce a legendary OGM winning performance :biggrin: .
what ever happened to Kwan's coach, Aratunian? are they still working together?

gracefulswan

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
Well, well. Interesting move on her part.

She really seems dig working with Kwan. She has a lot of respect for her and doesn't seem to care where she's from. A sign of a great coach.

Seems like (Kwan) means business this year.

well i should hope so...LOL. after all, imo, anything less than gold for the inimitable kwan, would be unacceptable in light of all that she has accomplished so far...besides winning 'the big one.'

she has to pull out all the stops this time... there is no next olympic games for her where she will have another chance at gold. after 2 olympics winning silver and bronze... gold is the only color left. we cannot kid ourselves that she is not extremely hungry for it... as sweet as she seems in her interviews.... :laugh:

we shall see very soon how much she has improved along with sasha and irina...as i firmly imagine one of those 3 top skaters to win it all. now we have a THREE way battle for the gold... unlike so many other olympics where there were 2 clear front-runners... AND throw in some dark horses: arakawa, kostner.. it is not nearly so clear now who is in the driver's seat... nope.. makes this coming season so damn intriguing. can't wait to see the glorious triumph of one of them and the sheer anguish of defeat for the other 2 below the top spot on the podium....

R.D.

Record Breaker
...and I have this gut feeling it's going to be irina again. Talk about blah...:indiff: :sheesh:

gracefulswan

On the Ice
weeeelll, not so sure about that... yea she is the reigning world champion...but remember, she won on her home soil WITH major errors (at least in her short) that she would most likely have gotten hammered for in any other place. seriously.. and home court advantage inspires the skater not to mention the judges into giving inflated marks...

i believe that each of the skater's will have an equal footing at the start of the season... now what they do leading up to the olympics could have major consequences... as far as influencing the common opionion for or against them.. they need to ride the wave going staight up from the first outing... all the judges will be keeping an eye out for what their elements are... racking up those points in their minds... for future reference... and some will think..."hmm, now that skater did (or did not) interpret the code to their advantage"... etc.

gracefulswan

On the Ice
i'm not so eager for irina to win either... mostly b/c i'm not at all partial to her style and technique. not at all... but she is one of the top skaters to be wary of. i'm hoping for a cohen or kwan gold medal myself. and for the rest, i don't care where they place....

R.D.

Record Breaker
gracefulswan said:
weeeelll, not so sure about that... yea she is the reigning world champion...but remember, she won on her home soil WITH major errors (at least in her short) that she would most likely have gotten hammered for in any other place. seriously.. and home court advantage inspires the skater not to mention the judges into giving inflated marks...

An argument could be made for the short, but please, unless you weren't watching the competition you basically KNEW that Irina blew everyone else away in the FS. No-one even came close. Heck, even if you DIDN'T watch the competition all the reports were there!

i believe that each of the skater's will have an equal footing at the start of the season... now what they do leading up to the olympics could have major consequences... as far as influencing the common opionion for or against them.. they need to ride the wave going staight up from the first outing... all the judges will be keeping an eye out for what their elements are... racking up those points in their minds... for future reference... and some will think..."hmm, now that skater did (or did not) interpret the code to their advantage"... etc.

All I can say is I hope there is fair judging but that's like hoping that I will get a million dollars handed to me tomorrow.