New Sasha journal ... 9/29 | Golden Skate

New Sasha journal ... 9/29

Sasha is fun. I can just see her in the kitchen with that 'come-on' hair do I think if she marketed her cookies they would sell. Fans would buy them in crates and give them out as holiday gifts.

Like, Irina, Kwan, and how many others, she is being secretive about her program. I am in accord with her. What all that fuss was about Kwan was just plain silly.

Joe

gezando

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
I can just see her in the kitchen with that 'come-on' hair do I think if she marketed her cookies they would sell. Fans would buy them in crates and give them out as holiday gifts.

Not sure Cohen can beat the naked chef with her hair do. I kind of agree with your assessment of the cookies sale though. Not sure what is the mean age of Cohen's fans, many people speculate early teen. Since kids control their parents when it comes to buying, so the parents of Cohen's fans will be buying cookies in crates. I do speculate that the cookies will be kept at home and be eaten up by the kids as they play their video games in front of a giant tv screen.

Joesitz said:
Like, Irina, Kwan, and how many others, she is being secretive about her program. I am in accord with her. What all that fuss was about Kwan was just plain silly.

Joe

Cohen was not secretive about her program. She announced ahead of time that she will make an announcement of her music choice, that is PR work on her fans.

Indeed what was the fuss about Kwan. IIRC someone dragged a locked thread at MKF and started one here. If the moderators over there issued an opinion not to talk about Kwan's program, IMO let that be, or email the mods over there. Why drag it over here and speculate up a storm???

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
- Once again, misc. fluff in her journal. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fluff piece on one (or several) of these things like her shopping, picking out decorations, cooking, etc. In fact I'd bet any amount of money you like that that's what her fluff pieces will be on...It's funny how many times she says "fun". Everything is "fun" to her :p

- The thing is, Cohen announced what her music WAS. I wouldn't say that's secretive. It's common sense that she wouldn't reveal what's IN the program, but at least she said what they WERE (after some amount of lead-in, I must add). Meanwhile, someone else didn't.

- I do agree however that the issue with Kwan was pointless- didn't really get anywhere, didn't tell us what her programs were. (as far as we know, I don't think Irina has announced her programs yet either, but I think she was told to change her short.)

millie

Medalist
It seems that Sasha is trying to relax and be diversified. Probably with the little things that she is doing around her house and other interests, she may be more confident this season in her skating. Lets hope this helps her with her nerves and she puts off the best program that she is capable of.

Good luck to all the skaters. I would image that they all a tad bit nervous at this point in the skating season. Lets hope that they all skate their best. :) :) :)

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
-as far as we know, I don't think Irina has announced her programs yet either, but I think she was told to change her short.

Huh told to change her short??? The Russian Federation still owns their skaters, assuming the Federation is the only entity that can tell Irina what to do.

vixen62025

Rinkside
I can see the "Cooking with Sasha" fluff pieces already, blech! (Let's just see the skating!)

I'm looking forward to seeing her program next week in St. Paul, even though I'm still :sheesh: about her choosing "R&J" for the LP.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
Oh no! Not another "Sasha's Journal" thread! :eek:
Math, don't you think you should lock it? Someone might get the idea she is doing a triple loop while carrying cookies on a cookie sheet.

Dee

millie

Medalist
Red Dog said:
-

- I do agree however that the issue with Kwan was pointless- didn't really get anywhere, didn't tell us what her programs were. (as far as we know, I don't think Irina has announced her programs yet either, but I think she was told to change her short.)

Rumor has it that she changed her sort program Beacuse TT informed the RF that Irina and Michelle were using the same music for their short program.
TT informed them after she seen Irina skate her short program at the Russian Test Skate.

Sorry for getting of topic.

Last edited:

VINLUVSKWAN

Rinkside
Sasha's new journal entry

Didn't she talk about shopping and trying to find means to divert herself from the distractions LAST SEASON just prior to Campbells? :scratch: And look how that competition turned out for her, granted she had a back problem, but somehow this was not the main reason for 3 blatant falls. I really hope she is more consistent with her jumps this time (despite this being early in the season) b/c she will face two of her biggest opponents in Turino, Kwan and Shizuka, plus the dark horse Joannie and potential medal spoiler Kimmie (GOD I wish she'd consider a more grown-up name, it's just way too junior high-ish/amateurish) and Emily.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
VINLUVSKWAN said:
Didn't she talk about shopping and trying to find means to divert herself from the distractions LAST SEASON just prior to Campbells? :scratch:

Let's back into this:

1 Day = 24 hours
1 Night of Sleep = 8 hours (on average anyway)
Hours left for possible training = 16
Realistic training hours = ?? Maybe 5 or 6 or even 8??
Time left assuming 8 hours max of training = 8 hours or more, for bathing, grooming, errands, shopping, fossil hunting, knitting, a life, etc.

I assume that if Sasha announced in her journal she was training 16 hours a day, there would be much speculation about how she is ruining her body physically, etc. etc. So...who cares if she spends her *non-training, awake time* cooking, shopping, fossil hunting, knitting, or whatever??

DG

millie

Medalist
VINLUVSKWAN said:
Didn't she talk about shopping and trying to find means to divert herself from the distractions LAST SEASON just prior to Campbells? :scratch: And look how that competition turned out for her, granted she had a back problem, but somehow this was not the main reason for 3 blatant falls. I really hope she is more consistent with her jumps this time (despite this being early in the season) b/c she will face two of her biggest opponents in Turino, Kwan and Shizuka, plus the dark horse Joannie and potential medal spoiler Kimmie (GOD I wish she'd consider a more grown-up name, it's just way too junior high-ish/amateurish) and Emily.

Man, if she could win silver at Worlds LAST SEASON under all those circumstances, just image what she's going to do this season (cookie making and all). Also she faced them all at Worlds last year and came in second--just image what she can do this year. Probably she is making those cookies for the judges. :rofl: :rofl: (couldn't resist rolf)
And Kimmie's name, probably she should change it to Goldie or not, that might make it to obivous.

jesslily

Final Flight
It's Sasha's journal. She can say whatever she loves to say. If you don't want to read non skating paragraphs, you are free to close the window right away. I think it's great for Sasha and many other elite skaters and the many who don't go to regular school or college to pursue skating dream, to have something else interesting and also sort of challenging to do. Cooking is good, painting, singing, and playing instruments are also great. Just for fun. Competitive skaters, if just think about skating practice, programs, and competitions all day long could feel very stressful, and will be burn out quickly.

gezando

Final Flight
jesslily said:
It's Sasha's journal. She can say whatever she loves to say. If you don't want to read non skating paragraphs, you are free to close the window right away. .

Anyone in this thread said she can't say whatever she loves??? :scratch: Oh the supersensitivy??? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Doggygirl said:
I assume that if Sasha announced in her journal she was training 16 hours a day, there would be much speculation about how she is ruining her body physically, etc. etc. So...who cares if she spends her *non-training, awake time* cooking, shopping, fossil hunting, knitting, or whatever?? DG
ITA but I thought a little hint about the quad or better yet the 3x3 would have been in line about her program. We know it's the Movie R&J and we know Kwan's is Rach2. We don't know about the higher level jumps they are practicing. So it is a secret all around.

No information coming out of Slutskaya, Cohen, Kostner, Kwan camps. Let's get on with the cookies. The girl is a homebody. Nothing wrong with that. I wonder if she sews her own dresses?

Joe