New Sasha journal ... 9/29 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Sasha journal ... 9/29

gezando

Final Flight
jesslily said:
gezando,
At least part of your first sentence saying "she can't say whatever she loves".

I was asking you if you have seen anyone in this thread saying that Cohen can't say whatever she loves, Some Cohen fan is so ..... :rolleye:

Joe said:
Let's get on with the cookies. The girl is a homebody. Nothing wrong with that. I wonder if she sews her own dresses?

She loves to to talk about baking cookies, how do you extract that to "homebody"
According to TT, she stayed up all night baking cookies, then she was too tired to train the next day. TT also talked about Cohen making too many shopping trips to Paris and missed training time. She nust be buying raw material in Paris , the needles, the scissors, the threads etc

Last edited:

jesslily

Final Flight
According to Sasha, TT had hard time to show up at her lessons and practice time the last few weeks before Sasha made the decision leaving TT.

I have no doubt that Sasha and all the serious skaters have been and are hard workers. Triples, even doubles are not easy to obtain and maintain.

Skaters are people just like all of us in this world. They need hobbies. Occasionally they might be obcessed with them.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Oh no! Not another "Sasha's Journal" thread! :eek:

I'd just like to quote this again. :biggrin:

Has there ever been a SC journal thread that has not turned into some sort of argument? :biggrin:

After a while, I just figured that just because she writes about it doesn't mean she's preoccupied with it. She just wishes to share her life with her fans. That's great, not all skaters do that and many of her fans take that for granted. The rest of us may not care, but after some thought it's kind of pointless IMO to think that she would just skate and do nothing else. :scratch:

The point I made earlier is that I wish she referred more to how things are going during training rounds. No, I do NOT mean practice reports (for obvious reason) but, for example, has she ever mentioned her typical daily routine? I think that would be something. Oh well, never mind.

brad640

On the Ice
Sasha must be masochistic to spend so much time learning to prepare food she can't eat. Maybe when she retires she will be able to enjoy her cooking skills.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Oh, I don't know about that. Most of the food she's learning to prepare is of a fairly healthy nature (meat, vegetables etc). If she were learning about baking pasteries, that would be a bit senseless for the moment.

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
Seen a recent pic of Sasha on that sashafans site and she looks very thin. Some of them thought perhaps it was the light and the blurriness of the photo, but she still looks very thin. I hope she's okay.

jesslily said:
According to Sasha, TT had hard time to show up at her lessons and practice time the last few weeks before Sasha made the decision leaving TT.
This is new to me. Was there any explanation for TT not showing up for lessons and practice? Was TT setting the stage for Sasha to want to leave?
If so, why? There is a lot here in the break between them that I doubt we will ever really know.

However, it seems all is well with them personally now.

Joe

jesslily

Final Flight
The resource is either from magazine articles, or her interview, could also from her biography. I don't remember since nobody is doing reserch papers here and should indicate what articles in what magazines and what books we have used. But I am sure Sasha said clearly.
On the other hand, people should not get too seriously about skaters leaving coaches. People get together or separate as they please. No skater likes to suffor unhappiness every day since the training is already very demanding to his/her body as well as mind.

I reiterate...There is a lot here in the break between them that I doubt we will ever really know.... And I don't think it is so important. The split was made and they remain friendly.

While I agree with your take on 'leaving coaches' in general, I really think the split between Sasha and TT was the biggest news that year. Sasha sought out TT and was able to get her as a coach and choreographer. It seemed to everyone that this was a match made in heaven.

I just don't think the split was amicable at the time. And that's not so important unless if TT had remained with Sasha, she may have become the 2004 World Champion. We'll never know.

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
ITA with you Joe. We may never know the entire story here ... but I am sure there is more to it.
As far as her journal entries go ... I personally would rather hear about her skating. But ... it's her journal and she can write about whatever she wants to.

gezando

Final Flight
jesslily said:
First time I hear about this one. Galina Cohen told the Russian press that TT was coaching charity cases, i.e. take the huge $$$ from Sasha Cohen, but then coached some of her Russian pupils for free. :rofl: :biggrin: Sasha Cohen and TT were exchanges punches in front of the press, we have a ballgame :rofl:

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
Oh, I don't know about that. Most of the food she's learning to prepare is of a fairly healthy nature (meat, vegetables etc). If she were learning about baking pasteries, that would be a bit senseless for the moment.

That depends on what kind of meat. Since she endorses beef, IMO the risk of BSE, and dioxin etc is worth consideration that beef may not be the healthiest meat out there.

brad said:
Sasha must be masochistic to spend so much time learning to prepare food she can't eat.

and

Pau76 said:
Seen a recent pic of Sasha on that sashafans site and she looks very thin. Some of them thought perhaps it was the light and the blurriness of the photo, but she still looks very thin

Most people eat what they prepare or cook, some people don't. In fact some exceedingly thin people love to take over the cooking for the entire family and won't eat a bite. Then how many times have we seen celebs who tell us about their diet, their love for cooking food, cookies just to sell some cook book or exercise dvds, then years later, they come out with another autiobio about how unreal that was, they did not eat a healthy diet, in fact they had a very unhealthy relationship with food etc. I believe Jane Fonda is one of the latest who came out with her tell all book.

Last edited:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Pau-goodle76 said:
Seen a recent pic of Sasha on that sashafans site and she looks very thin. Some of them thought perhaps it was the light and the blurriness of the photo, but she still looks very thin. I hope she's okay.

I think she looks fine. She has a small frame and is naturally petite. I don't think there is any need for concern.

Maybe we can streamline this thread by replacing it with a simple poll. Vote for A or B:

A. Sasha's journal is stupid and boring. So are you.

B. Sasha can write what she wants to. You can kiss my butt.

MM :)

jesslily

Final Flight
It's definite that Sasha and TT's split was not easy. Any coach and skater break up is not an easy one. What Galina Cohen told to Russian press might be true. TT might think that Sasha makes money and can afford her normal rate while Russion skaters came to US even did not have much for basic living. But I still don't believe that if Sasha stayed with TT till 2004 worlds she could win the gold. First, their relationship was already going down during the grand prix period. This you can verify from all the reports later on, and also from how they interacted during competitions. So I don't think their training time was effective and in good mood. Second, Sasha's jump got much worse since she switched to TT. I feel TT does not have the ability to teach or maintain a lady skater's jumping power and technique. Kulik and Yagudin are different stories. They are men and learned all their jumps by 13 years old.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Maybe we can streamline this thread by replacing it with a simple poll. Vote for A or B:

This, and now there's a whole discussion (again) on why her and Tarasova broke up...I'm with all the people who say we'll NEVER KNOW- and really, I don't CARE much. This is something that happened a long time ago and doesn't matter at all right now.

jesslily

Final Flight
Red Dog,
nobody is here trying to find out why Sasha and TT broke up coaching relationship if you read the entire thread carefully.

However, there isn't anything abnormal to talk about it again. Afterall we are talking about figure skating. It's impossible to relate many things happened for the past two years.

gezando

Final Flight
jesslily said:
What Galina Cohen told to Russian press might be true. TT might think that Sasha makes money and can afford her normal rate while Russion skaters came to US even did not have much for basic living.

Oh, I don't believe Cohen paid by the hour, she paid a percentage of her earnings.I absolutely believe what Galina Cohen said was true, that TT took on skaters w/o charging. It is all about how they drew the contract. If Galina Cohen did not spell out that TT had to totally devote herself to little Sashie, she has no case to air the laundry in front of the press. JMO.

I feel TT does not have the ability to teach or maintain a lady skater's jumping power and technique. Kulik and Yagudin are different stories. They are men and learned all their jumps by 13 years old.
Lets see how a healthy Arakawa will jump :)

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:

Seriously surprise that a math professor uses a 2 choice format. So do you streamline your math problems for the 7th graders by giving them 2 choices with a 50% chance of getting the answer that you want just by chance??? :biggrin: Who needs to do homework, if the prof streamlines the answer for them. But there is a bright side to that, your seventh grader can spend more time infront of the TV eating Sasha cookies, and playing video games. You mean your seventh graders don't have to show you the process of how they arrive at solving a problem?

Last edited:

jesslily

Final Flight
Arakawa had built her skating fundation years ago. she did pretty well at 98 Olympic. While she was with Callahan, at few compititions she skated very well but was way undermarked. TT just polished a little bit of her programs. Arakawa did not do well the following year. I feel TT already lost interest to her.

gezando,thanks for the info about Sasha paying earning percentage to TT. I heard that the major reason Michelle spliting from Frank Carroll is also how to distribute Michelle's earning between them. While Michelle really got great training from Carroll, Sasha paid hugh amount of money and did not get much, except two programs.