Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Sasha journal ... 9/29

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by VINLUVSKWAN
    Didn't she talk about shopping and trying to find means to divert herself from the distractions LAST SEASON just prior to Campbells? And look how that competition turned out for her, granted she had a back problem, but somehow this was not the main reason for 3 blatant falls. I really hope she is more consistent with her jumps this time (despite this being early in the season) b/c she will face two of her biggest opponents in Turino, Kwan and Shizuka, plus the dark horse Joannie and potential medal spoiler Kimmie (GOD I wish she'd consider a more grown-up name, it's just way too junior high-ish/amateurish) and Emily.

Man, if she could win silver at Worlds LAST SEASON under all those circumstances, just image what she's going to do this season (cookie making and all). Also she faced them all at Worlds last year and came in second--just image what she can do this year. Probably she is making those cookies for the judges. (couldn't resist rolf)
    And Kimmie's name, probably she should change it to Goldie or not, that might make it to obivous.

Ice Angel
    It's Sasha's journal. She can say whatever she loves to say. If you don't want to read non skating paragraphs, you are free to close the window right away. I think it's great for Sasha and many other elite skaters and the many who don't go to regular school or college to pursue skating dream, to have something else interesting and also sort of challenging to do. Cooking is good, painting, singing, and playing instruments are also great. Just for fun. Competitive skaters, if just think about skating practice, programs, and competitions all day long could feel very stressful, and will be burn out quickly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslily
    It's Sasha's journal. She can say whatever she loves to say. If you don't want to read non skating paragraphs, you are free to close the window right away. .
    Anyone in this thread said she can't say whatever she loves??? Oh the supersensitivy???
    Last edited by gezando; 09-30-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Ice Angel
    gezando,
    At least part of your first sentence saying "she can't say whatever she loves".

Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    I assume that if Sasha announced in her journal she was training 16 hours a day, there would be much speculation about how she is ruining her body physically, etc. etc. So...who cares if she spends her *non-training, awake time* cooking, shopping, fossil hunting, knitting, or whatever?? DG
    ITA but I thought a little hint about the quad or better yet the 3x3 would have been in line about her program. We know it's the Movie R&J and we know Kwan's is Rach2. We don't know about the higher level jumps they are practicing. So it is a secret all around.

No information coming out of Slutskaya, Cohen, Kostner, Kwan camps. Let's get on with the cookies. The girl is a homebody. Nothing wrong with that. I wonder if she sews her own dresses?

Joe

Custom Title
    gezando,
    At least part of your first sentence saying "she can't say whatever she loves".
    I was asking you if you have seen anyone in this thread saying that Cohen can't say whatever she loves, Some Cohen fan is so .....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Let's get on with the cookies. The girl is a homebody. Nothing wrong with that. I wonder if she sews her own dresses?
    She loves to to talk about baking cookies, how do you extract that to "homebody"
    According to TT, she stayed up all night baking cookies, then she was too tired to train the next day. TT also talked about Cohen making too many shopping trips to Paris and missed training time. She nust be buying raw material in Paris , the needles, the scissors, the threads etc
    Last edited by gezando; 09-30-2005 at 05:37 PM.

Ice Angel
    According to Sasha, TT had hard time to show up at her lessons and practice time the last few weeks before Sasha made the decision leaving TT.

I have no doubt that Sasha and all the serious skaters have been and are hard workers. Triples, even doubles are not easy to obtain and maintain.

Skaters are people just like all of us in this world. They need hobbies. Occasionally they might be obcessed with them.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Oh no! Not another "Sasha's Journal" thread!
    I'd just like to quote this again.

Has there ever been a SC journal thread that has not turned into some sort of argument?

After a while, I just figured that just because she writes about it doesn't mean she's preoccupied with it. She just wishes to share her life with her fans. That's great, not all skaters do that and many of her fans take that for granted. The rest of us may not care, but after some thought it's kind of pointless IMO to think that she would just skate and do nothing else.

The point I made earlier is that I wish she referred more to how things are going during training rounds. No, I do NOT mean practice reports (for obvious reason) but, for example, has she ever mentioned her typical daily routine? I think that would be something. Oh well, never mind.

Sasha must be masochistic to spend so much time learning to prepare food she can't eat. Maybe when she retires she will be able to enjoy her cooking skills.

[CENTER]Oh, I don't know about that. Most of the food she's learning to prepare is of a fairly healthy nature (meat, vegetables etc). If she were learning about baking pasteries, that would be a bit senseless for the moment.[/CENTER]

Medalist
    Seen a recent pic of Sasha on that sashafans site and she looks very thin. Some of them thought perhaps it was the light and the blurriness of the photo, but she still looks very thin. I hope she's okay.

According to Sasha, TT had hard time to show up at her lessons and practice time the last few weeks before Sasha made the decision leaving TT.
    This is new to me. Was there any explanation for TT not showing up for lessons and practice? Was TT setting the stage for Sasha to want to leave?
    If so, why? There is a lot here in the break between them that I doubt we will ever really know.

However, it seems all is well with them personally now.

Joe

Ice Angel
    The resource is either from magazine articles, or her interview, could also from her biography. I don't remember since nobody is doing reserch papers here and should indicate what articles in what magazines and what books we have used. But I am sure Sasha said clearly.
    On the other hand, people should not get too seriously about skaters leaving coaches. People get together or separate as they please. No skater likes to suffor unhappiness every day since the training is already very demanding to his/her body as well as mind.

I reiterate...There is a lot here in the break between them that I doubt we will ever really know.... And I don't think it is so important. The split was made and they remain friendly.

While I agree with your take on 'leaving coaches' in general, I really think the split between Sasha and TT was the biggest news that year. Sasha sought out TT and was able to get her as a coach and choreographer. It seemed to everyone that this was a match made in heaven.

I just don't think the split was amicable at the time. And that's not so important unless if TT had remained with Sasha, she may have become the 2004 World Champion. We'll never know.

Joe

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    ITA with you Joe. We may never know the entire story here ... but I am sure there is more to it.
    As far as her journal entries go ... I personally would rather hear about her skating. But ... it's her journal and she can write about whatever she wants to.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast