Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Sasha journal ... 9/29

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslily
    According to Sasha, TT had hard time to show up at her lessons and practice time the last few weeks before Sasha made the decision leaving TT.
    First time I hear about this one. Galina Cohen told the Russian press that TT was coaching charity cases, i.e. take the huge $$$ from Sasha Cohen, but then coached some of her Russian pupils for free. Sasha Cohen and TT were exchanges punches in front of the press, we have a ballgame
    Last edited by gezando; 10-01-2005 at 08:46 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    Oh, I don't know about that. Most of the food she's learning to prepare is of a fairly healthy nature (meat, vegetables etc). If she were learning about baking pasteries, that would be a bit senseless for the moment.
    That depends on what kind of meat. Since she endorses beef, IMO the risk of BSE, and dioxin etc is worth consideration that beef may not be the healthiest meat out there.

Quote Originally Posted by brad
    Sasha must be masochistic to spend so much time learning to prepare food she can't eat.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Pau76
    Seen a recent pic of Sasha on that sashafans site and she looks very thin. Some of them thought perhaps it was the light and the blurriness of the photo, but she still looks very thin
    Most people eat what they prepare or cook, some people don't. In fact some exceedingly thin people love to take over the cooking for the entire family and won't eat a bite. Then how many times have we seen celebs who tell us about their diet, their love for cooking food, cookies just to sell some cook book or exercise dvds, then years later, they come out with another autiobio about how unreal that was, they did not eat a healthy diet, in fact they had a very unhealthy relationship with food etc. I believe Jane Fonda is one of the latest who came out with her tell all book.
    Last edited by gezando; 10-01-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau-goodle76
    Seen a recent pic of Sasha on that sashafans site and she looks very thin. Some of them thought perhaps it was the light and the blurriness of the photo, but she still looks very thin. I hope she's okay.
    I think she looks fine. She has a small frame and is naturally petite. I don't think there is any need for concern.

Maybe we can streamline this thread by replacing it with a simple poll. Vote for A or B:

A. Sasha's journal is stupid and boring. So are you.

B. Sasha can write what she wants to. You can kiss my butt.

MM

Ice Angel
    It's definite that Sasha and TT's split was not easy. Any coach and skater break up is not an easy one. What Galina Cohen told to Russian press might be true. TT might think that Sasha makes money and can afford her normal rate while Russion skaters came to US even did not have much for basic living. But I still don't believe that if Sasha stayed with TT till 2004 worlds she could win the gold. First, their relationship was already going down during the grand prix period. This you can verify from all the reports later on, and also from how they interacted during competitions. So I don't think their training time was effective and in good mood. Second, Sasha's jump got much worse since she switched to TT. I feel TT does not have the ability to teach or maintain a lady skater's jumping power and technique. Kulik and Yagudin are different stories. They are men and learned all their jumps by 13 years old.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Maybe we can streamline this thread by replacing it with a simple poll. Vote for A or B:

MM

This, and now there's a whole discussion (again) on why her and Tarasova broke up...I'm with all the people who say we'll NEVER KNOW- and really, I don't CARE much. This is something that happened a long time ago and doesn't matter at all right now.

Ice Angel
    Red Dog,
    nobody is here trying to find out why Sasha and TT broke up coaching relationship if you read the entire thread carefully.

However, there isn't anything abnormal to talk about it again. Afterall we are talking about figure skating. It's impossible to relate many things happened for the past two years.

Custom Title
    What Galina Cohen told to Russian press might be true. TT might think that Sasha makes money and can afford her normal rate while Russion skaters came to US even did not have much for basic living.
    Oh, I don't believe Cohen paid by the hour, she paid a percentage of her earnings.I absolutely believe what Galina Cohen said was true, that TT took on skaters w/o charging. It is all about how they drew the contract. If Galina Cohen did not spell out that TT had to totally devote herself to little Sashie, she has no case to air the laundry in front of the press. JMO.

I feel TT does not have the ability to teach or maintain a lady skater's jumping power and technique. Kulik and Yagudin are different stories. They are men and learned all their jumps by 13 years old.
    Lets see how a healthy Arakawa will jump
    Last edited by gezando; 10-01-2005 at 05:52 PM.

Custom Title

MM
    Seriously surprise that a math professor uses a 2 choice format. So do you streamline your math problems for the 7th graders by giving them 2 choices with a 50% chance of getting the answer that you want just by chance??? Who needs to do homework, if the prof streamlines the answer for them. But there is a bright side to that, your seventh grader can spend more time infront of the TV eating Sasha cookies, and playing video games. You mean your seventh graders don't have to show you the process of how they arrive at solving a problem?
    Last edited by gezando; 10-01-2005 at 05:49 PM.

Ice Angel
    Arakawa had built her skating fundation years ago. she did pretty well at 98 Olympic. While she was with Callahan, at few compititions she skated very well but was way undermarked. TT just polished a little bit of her programs. Arakawa did not do well the following year. I feel TT already lost interest to her.

gezando,thanks for the info about Sasha paying earning percentage to TT. I heard that the major reason Michelle spliting from Frank Carroll is also how to distribute Michelle's earning between them. While Michelle really got great training from Carroll, Sasha paid hugh amount of money and did not get much, except two programs.

Custom Title
    Arakawa had built her skating fundation years ago. she did pretty well at 98 Olympic. While she was with Callahan, at few compititions she skated very well but was way undermarked. TT just polished a little bit of her programs. Arakawa did not do well the following year. I feel TT already lost interest to her.
    Arakawa was injured the following year, she can come last in every comps from this point on, she will still be ID as a world gold medalist the rest of her life, whenever she steps on the ice. If TT is that bad a coach and if indeed Nicks is so great, then why made the change, and Cohen had to pay up Nicks contract before leaving him. TT losing interest in Arakawa speculation??? or solid evidence

I heard that the major reason Michelle spliting from Frank Carroll is also how to distribute Michelle's earning between them.
    Now where did you hear that, on one of your trips to Artesia?? What else had you dug up???

Sasha paid hugh amount of money and did not get much, except two programs.
    How do you know Cohen paid huge amount of money?? Where did you dig this one up?? IMO, it does not matter how much Cohen paid unless TT broke her end of the contract, Galina was still airing dirty laundry in front of the press. Oh well, Sasha can do wrong , so maybe we should blame the cookies
    See that brings us back to her journal about the cookies.

Ice Angel
    Injury is just an excuse. Good coach would limit every chance to let his student get injury. TT is going back to Russia. How could she teach Arakawa on daily bases? Training for Olympic needs coaching every day. If you watch carefully how TT and Arakawa interacted during last year competitions, you'll know if they were really close. For a few months last Fall, Arakawa trained in Japan.

How many times Galina Cohen talked about the conflict between Cohen and TT? From your resource she only talked once. Why couldn't she talk to clear up the rumor? I believe Sasha's parents are well educated people.

Skating fans read news about Michelle and talk about all over the world and all the time. I guess you wouldn't listen or believe any news and stories about Michelle from the resource near where you live. You always make trips to Michelle Kwan's training town to get the first hand stories.

MM
    B.

Custom Title
    Skating fans read news about Michelle and talk about all over the world and all the time.
    I agree, but this is the first time I hear about Mk and Frank broke up for money issues. So tell more

I guess you wouldn't listen or believe any news and stories about Michelle from the resource near where you live.
    Huh???? I am giving a good faith effort to believe you, so please tell us more.

You always make trips to Michelle Kwan's training town to get the first hand stories.
    Oh, I don't make trips to MK's training town, IIRC you are the one who told us you made a trip to Artesia. I just thought you may share what you had dug up

Injury is just an excuse. Good coach would limit every chance to let his student get injury.
    You mean injury for every athlete is just an excuse, do you count shingles too? Injuries is common with sports. Cohen was injured in 2001 while training with Nicks, and reinjured herself again (same injuries) last season, not sure whehter she was working with Robin or Nicks at the time. But one thing is clear, when she was with TT, she was injuries free, so you are saying Nicks is not a good coach, and are you saying that TT is a good coach.

Why couldn't she talk to clear up the rumor?
    Who said she couldn't air dirty laundry, people do that all the time. Didn't I said they were both throwing punches at each other in front of the Russian press, and we had a ballgame?

Using your words TT too cleared up the rumors by telling us how Cohen missed valuable training time because of her frequent shopping trips to Paris, and Cohen staying up all night baking cookies, . I know we will return to back on topic, i.e.the cookies.
    Last edited by gezando; 10-01-2005 at 11:43 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    Seriously surprise that a math professor uses a 2 choice format. So do you streamline your math problems for the 7th graders by giving them 2 choices with a 50% chance of getting the answer that you want just by chance??? Who needs to do homework, if the prof streamlines the answer for them. But there is a bright side to that, your seventh grader can spend more time infront of the TV eating Sasha cookies, and playing video games. You mean your seventh graders don't have to show you the process of how they arrive at solving a problem?
    Perhaps Mathman implies, all the noise about Sasha's journal is NOT worth the written effort?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast