New Sasha journal ... 9/29 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

New Sasha journal ... 9/29

gezando

Final Flight
jesslily said:
Arakawa had built her skating fundation years ago. she did pretty well at 98 Olympic. While she was with Callahan, at few compititions she skated very well but was way undermarked. TT just polished a little bit of her programs. Arakawa did not do well the following year. I feel TT already lost interest to her.

Arakawa was injured the following year, she can come last in every comps from this point on, she will still be ID as a world gold medalist the rest of her life, whenever she steps on the ice. If TT is that bad a coach and if indeed Nicks is so great, then why made the change, and Cohen had to pay up Nicks contract before leaving him. TT losing interest in Arakawa speculation??? or solid evidence

I heard that the major reason Michelle spliting from Frank Carroll is also how to distribute Michelle's earning between them.

Now where did you hear that, on one of your trips to Artesia?? What else had you dug up??? :laugh:

Sasha paid hugh amount of money and did not get much, except two programs.
How do you know Cohen paid huge amount of money?? Where did you dig this one up?? IMO, it does not matter how much Cohen paid unless TT broke her end of the contract, Galina was still airing dirty laundry in front of the press. Oh well, Sasha can do wrong , so maybe we should blame the cookies
:laugh: See that brings us back to her journal about the cookies. :biggrin:

jesslily

Final Flight
Injury is just an excuse. Good coach would limit every chance to let his student get injury. TT is going back to Russia. How could she teach Arakawa on daily bases? Training for Olympic needs coaching every day. If you watch carefully how TT and Arakawa interacted during last year competitions, you'll know if they were really close. For a few months last Fall, Arakawa trained in Japan.

How many times Galina Cohen talked about the conflict between Cohen and TT? From your resource she only talked once. Why couldn't she talk to clear up the rumor? I believe Sasha's parents are well educated people.

Skating fans read news about Michelle and talk about all over the world and all the time. I guess you wouldn't listen or believe any news and stories about Michelle from the resource near where you live. You always make trips to Michelle Kwan's training town to get the first hand stories.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Maybe we can streamline this thread by replacing it with a simple poll. Vote for A or B:

A. Sasha's journal is stupid and boring. So are you.

B. Sasha can write what she wants to. You can kiss my butt.

MM :)

B.

:agree:

gezando

Final Flight
Skating fans read news about Michelle and talk about all over the world and all the time.
I agree, but this is the first time I hear about Mk and Frank broke up for money issues. So tell more :)

I guess you wouldn't listen or believe any news and stories about Michelle from the resource near where you live.

Huh???? I am giving a good faith effort to believe you, so please tell us more.

You always make trips to Michelle Kwan's training town to get the first hand stories.
Oh, I don't make trips to MK's training town, IIRC you are the one who told us you made a trip to Artesia. I just thought you may share what you had dug up

jesslily said:
Injury is just an excuse. Good coach would limit every chance to let his student get injury.
You mean injury for every athlete is just an excuse, do you count shingles too? Injuries is common with sports. Cohen was injured in 2001 while training with Nicks, and reinjured herself again (same injuries) last season, not sure whehter she was working with Robin or Nicks at the time. But one thing is clear, when she was with TT, she was injuries free, so you are saying Nicks is not a good coach, and are you saying that TT is a good coach.

Why couldn't she talk to clear up the rumor?
Who said she couldn't air dirty laundry, people do that all the time. Didn't I said they were both throwing punches at each other in front of the Russian press, and we had a ballgame?

Using your words TT too cleared up the rumors by telling us how Cohen missed valuable training time because of her frequent shopping trips to Paris, and Cohen staying up all night baking cookies, . I know we will return to back on topic, i.e.the cookies. :biggrin:

Last edited:

orchid

On the Ice
gezando said:
Seriously surprise that a math professor uses a 2 choice format. So do you streamline your math problems for the 7th graders by giving them 2 choices with a 50% chance of getting the answer that you want just by chance??? :biggrin: Who needs to do homework, if the prof streamlines the answer for them. But there is a bright side to that, your seventh grader can spend more time infront of the TV eating Sasha cookies, and playing video games. You mean your seventh graders don't have to show you the process of how they arrive at solving a problem?

Perhaps Mathman implies, all the noise about Sasha's journal is NOT worth the written effort?

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's an ongoing pattern- it seems in every SC thread, gezando and either me or someone else get into an argument. Never fails.

I think the point was conveyed- Cohen's feeling good about Campbells, she thinks cooking and decorating her house are "fun", etc. Everything else gets us nowhere, really.

cutiepatutie

Rinkside
jesslily said:
Most posts are talking or chatting...gezando's are arguing or fighting...
If there is a topic on here and Sasha's name is in that topic it won't be long till you see gezando's name and you can bet the rent on that!!! Don't know what is is about Sasha but boy does it get gezando's dander up.

R.D.

Record Breaker
cutiepatutie said:
If there is a topic on here and Sasha's name is in that topic it won't be long till you see gezando's name and you can bet the rent on that!!! Don't know what is is about Sasha but boy does it get gezando's dander up.

:rock: :rock: :agree: :yes: :laugh: :clap: :scratch:

sarahmistral

On the Ice

well said, cutiepatutie...I'm one who's dead set against personalizing issues, but after reading a couple of sasha threads, that quote makes a lot of sense, sadly. I seriously doubt most skating rivals could come up with half as much venom to spew at each other as some uber-fan/poster rivals manage to. How about transforming all that negative energy into positive energy, like being an uber-fan of skating? I came onto the forum because I'm swamped with all sorts of work, and I was wondering what was up in the skating world, with the most anticipated season in years being just around the corner. I'm super psyched to witness competitions and new programs, EVERYONE'S new programs and contributions to an exciting skating season; how boring would it be for everyone, uber-fans included, for one skater to have the show all to him/herself with no one else competing at all? The way some people take vicious shots at skaters competing against their preferred skater, you'd swear that they'd just want to watch said skater all day...well, get a tape compilation, but spare those of us into skating competition your venom! Thinly veiled or obvious, it does get really tiresome.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Or perhaps some people like to express their opinion on the matter, even if it pertains to something as trivial as a journal entry. Not getting on gezando's case here nor judging him/her for that matter but people are entitled to their opinions, good or bad and some people should step off of their high horse with that in mind.

With that aside, it'll be interesting to see the ladies programs this year. Trying not to expect too much but excited nonetheless.

Kuchana said:
Or perhaps some people like to express their opinion on the matter, even if it pertains to something as trivial as a journal entry. Not getting on gezando's case here nor judging him/her for that matter but people are entitled to their opinions, good or bad and some people should step off of their high horse with that in mind.
Gezando is a member of GS and she can state her piece for whatever it is worth. But I agree with others who say that they got her message and it is no longer necessary to continue with what appears to be personal. that goes for all members of GS.

Joe

Spirit

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Maybe we can streamline this thread by replacing it with a simple poll. Vote for A or B:

:laugh:

I like cookies.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Piel said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: At last somehing worth arguing about. Would that be CC, peanutbutter, or oatmeal raisin?

:rofl:

I stand by my original choice "B" on Mathman's poll, and I vote Oatmeal Raisin in your poll. :biggrin:

DG

luvsasha

Final Flight
Mathman said:

haha!!! that's awesome!!! i love it. :rofl: i think B. and i like cookies too.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Gezando is a member of GS and she can state her piece for whatever it is worth. But I agree with others who say that they got her message and it is no longer necessary to continue with what appears to be personal. that goes for all members of GS.

Joe

Of course but in my viewpoint, it gets tiring to see people reprimanding people left and right, wasting thread space. If they don't like the post, then by all means ignore it or at the very least reprimand once or twice without excessiveness. Like others, I got the message as well but I think it goes the same way as well for people who reply back. Why drag it on?

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kuchana said:
Of course but in my viewpoint, it gets tiring to see people reprimanding people left and right, wasting thread space. If they don't like the post, then by all means ignore it or at the very least reprimand once or twice without excessiveness. Like others, I got the message as well but I think it goes the same way as well for people who reply back. Why drag it on?

Debate and difference of opinion is fine, and perfectly acceptable. That's part of what makes discussion interesting. However, when people take things personally (or begin insulting people) things get tiresome and/or out of hand. And I think some of that has been happening lately. Just my two cents. Not singling anyone out here.