Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Sasha journal ... 9/29

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid
    Perhaps Mathman implies, all the noise about Sasha's journal is NOT worth the written effort?

Down With It
    It's an ongoing pattern- it seems in every SC thread, gezando and either me or someone else get into an argument. Never fails.

I think the point was conveyed- Cohen's feeling good about Campbells, she thinks cooking and decorating her house are "fun", etc. Everything else gets us nowhere, really.

Ice Angel
    Most posts are talking or chatting...gezando's are arguing or fighting...

On the Ice

News

Quote Originally Posted by jesslily
    Most posts are talking or chatting...gezando's are arguing or fighting...
    If there is a topic on here and Sasha's name is in that topic it won't be long till you see gezando's name and you can bet the rent on that!!! Don't know what is is about Sasha but boy does it get gezando's dander up.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepatutie
    If there is a topic on here and Sasha's name is in that topic it won't be long till you see gezando's name and you can bet the rent on that!!! Don't know what is is about Sasha but boy does it get gezando's dander up.

well said, cutiepatutie...I'm one who's dead set against personalizing issues, but after reading a couple of sasha threads, that quote makes a lot of sense, sadly. I seriously doubt most skating rivals could come up with half as much venom to spew at each other as some uber-fan/poster rivals manage to. How about transforming all that negative energy into positive energy, like being an uber-fan of skating? I came onto the forum because I'm swamped with all sorts of work, and I was wondering what was up in the skating world, with the most anticipated season in years being just around the corner. I'm super psyched to witness competitions and new programs, EVERYONE'S new programs and contributions to an exciting skating season; how boring would it be for everyone, uber-fans included, for one skater to have the show all to him/herself with no one else competing at all? The way some people take vicious shots at skaters competing against their preferred skater, you'd swear that they'd just want to watch said skater all day...well, get a tape compilation, but spare those of us into skating competition your venom! Thinly veiled or obvious, it does get really tiresome.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Thank you Cutiepatutie and Sarah, ITA.

Woman of the Waters
    Or perhaps some people like to express their opinion on the matter, even if it pertains to something as trivial as a journal entry. Not getting on gezando's case here nor judging him/her for that matter but people are entitled to their opinions, good or bad and some people should step off of their high horse with that in mind.

With that aside, it'll be interesting to see the ladies programs this year. Trying not to expect too much but excited nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuchana
    Or perhaps some people like to express their opinion on the matter, even if it pertains to something as trivial as a journal entry. Not getting on gezando's case here nor judging him/her for that matter but people are entitled to their opinions, good or bad and some people should step off of their high horse with that in mind.
    Gezando is a member of GS and she can state her piece for whatever it is worth. But I agree with others who say that they got her message and it is no longer necessary to continue with what appears to be personal. that goes for all members of GS.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Maybe we can streamline this thread by replacing it with a simple poll. Vote for A or B:

A. Sasha's journal is stupid and boring. So are you.

B. Sasha can write what she wants to. You can kiss my butt.

MM

I like cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit

I like cookies.
    At last somehing worth arguing about. Would that be CC, peanutbutter, or oatmeal raisin?

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    At last somehing worth arguing about. Would that be CC, peanutbutter, or oatmeal raisin?

I stand by my original choice "B" on Mathman's poll, and I vote Oatmeal Raisin in your poll.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Maybe we can streamline this thread by replacing it with a simple poll. Vote for A or B:

A. Sasha's journal is stupid and boring. So are you.

B. Sasha can write what she wants to. You can kiss my butt.

MM

haha!!! that's awesome!!! i love it. i think B. and i like cookies too.

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Gezando is a member of GS and she can state her piece for whatever it is worth. But I agree with others who say that they got her message and it is no longer necessary to continue with what appears to be personal. that goes for all members of GS.

Joe
    Of course but in my viewpoint, it gets tiring to see people reprimanding people left and right, wasting thread space. If they don't like the post, then by all means ignore it or at the very least reprimand once or twice without excessiveness. Like others, I got the message as well but I think it goes the same way as well for people who reply back. Why drag it on?
    Last edited by Kuchana; 10-03-2005 at 01:27 PM.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuchana
    Of course but in my viewpoint, it gets tiring to see people reprimanding people left and right, wasting thread space. If they don't like the post, then by all means ignore it or at the very least reprimand once or twice without excessiveness. Like others, I got the message as well but I think it goes the same way as well for people who reply back. Why drag it on?
    Debate and difference of opinion is fine, and perfectly acceptable. That's part of what makes discussion interesting. However, when people take things personally (or begin insulting people) things get tiresome and/or out of hand. And I think some of that has been happening lately. Just my two cents. Not singling anyone out here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast