Sarah Hughes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sarah Hughes

euterpe

Medalist
I don't think you can completely discount the lure of fame. Sarah the OGM winner got special treatment and invitations to all sorts of fun events. That would be hard for any teenage girl to give up. By skating with SOI for one year, she renewed her celebrity status. Sarah may be back at college, but she is working on a made-for-TV special "Sarah Hughes & Friends". If she hadn't done SOI, maybe that wouldn't have happened for her.

From what I have read, Sarah is training again, so it's still possible that she'll get back in shape and regain some of her lost skills, although competitive skating would be a stretch while she's going to school---at least for now. But it seems Sarah is keeping all her options open.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Gatzbee said:
nice hair cut, and she looks nice in that shot. i didn't know she was dating rudy guliani's son?!
Permit me to be a loutish guy for a moment. in THIS picture (the one you originally posted), you can easily see what America likes about this woman. However in THIS picture (which is obviously from the same photo session), you can clearly see what the former mayor's son (or any other red blooded American male) likes about this woman.:love:

WOW to both those pics. She's no long a junior lady.

If she goes back to Yale, there'll be much to talk about at Looies beside Bah Bah Bah.

Joe

Last edited: