JGP Standings after 5 events | Golden Skate

JGP Standings after 5 events

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I haven't been keeping close enough track of things!! I just realized that US Pairs have won 4 of the 5 events held so far!! (3 different teams). Two of the three teams still have another event to go. Is it POSSIBLE the US could end up with 3 pairs in the JGP final??????? Knock me over with a feather....

http://www.isufs.org/events/jgp2005/jgpspairs.htm

I hope Katy Taylor can hang onto a spot, but that will probably be tough.

http://www.isufs.org/events/jgp2005/jgpsladies.htm

Looks like the US should have at least one man in the Final, and maybe two - but that will be a tight race as well from the looks of things.

http://www.isufs.org/events/jgp2005/jgpsmen.htm

And US will have one dance team in the hunt as well.

http://www.isufs.org/events/jgp2005/jgpsdance.htm

DG

The Americans are doing well so far. Is this a sign of the future American Pairs? Miller and Brubaker already in Finals. I must watch them at Nats.
Russia also doing well in Pairs. In fact, I think the entire Finals will be the US and Russia. Two teams of US at 15 points and waiting to skate their second event. Many Russian and US teams at 13 points and waiting. Canada must have a win to get in the Finals.

Ladies -Yu-Na Kim already in Finals (no surprise). A surprise Georgian with enough points to make the Final so far. Mai Asada and Kitimura already with 15 points; Several skaters with 13 points already including Zukowski (US) awaiting their second event. A fight to the finish to make the Finals. I don't think Katie will make it.

Men - Carriere most likely in Finals; maybe Chan of Canada. One Russian, one Japanese, one American each with 15 points still to skate their second event. Several skaters with 13 points also to skate their second event, so Carriere and Chan have to wait. Another tough fight to make the Finals.

Dance - So far Canada is in Finals and Davis and White (USA) most likely. Two Russian teams at 15 points each and awaiting their second event. Italy has a good chance at Finals but there is one Russian (13 points) awaiting to skate second event and serveral teams with 11 points awaiting second event.

Joe

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Is there a limit to the number of entries that a country can have in each event? If there's no limit, then we could see as many as three (maybe four?)Japanese ladies, depending on the results of the last event in Okaya City.

* Mai Asada
* Akiko Kitamura
* Aki Sawada
* Nana Takeda (maybe?)

Yu-Na Kim, the Russian & the Georgian would round-out top six.

The Japanese continue to impress like crazy. :agree:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
GO USA Pairs!!!

I just took time to look at the current ISU JGP standings. It sure looks to me like the USA will be reprented with one or more entries in the JGP final which I think is AWESOME!! I'll definitely be following the Japan JGP over the weekend and see who makes it through.

Now here is what I find Jaw Dropping, and quite exciting. Of the top five pairs in the current JGP standings, FOUR of them are USA pairs. FOUR. Numbers 1,2,4,5. HOLY $HIT! Maybe US pairs has a chance for the next decade after all.

DG

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
Is there a limit to the number of entries that a country can have in each event?
No, there is no limit, fortunately.

Doggygirl said:
Of the top five pairs in the current JGP standings, FOUR of them are USA pairs. FOUR. Numbers 1,2,4,5. HOLY $HIT! Maybe US pairs has a chance for the next decade after all.
If all goes well in Japan this week, the USA actually has a shot at qualifying SIX Junior pairs for the Final, which would be a record, I believe. Five pairs went to last year's Final (one of the 5 pairs has since split up). The transition from junior to senior pairs can be a challenging one, and it's hard to predict future senior national/international success based on junior international results.