Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

On the Ice

Hello Everyone!

Hi there!

I'm Joëlle, 15 years old and I live in Holland.. I'm here becouse there's no such thing as a dutch skaters forum and I love to talk about figure skating..
    And it will improve my english :P

I skate with ''Kids on Ice'' a dutch show, kind a like Holiday on ice, but then with children in the age of 3 to 20.. We are the biggest european skating show and every year we have several shows.

I hope you all can understand me good enough, and sorry if my english is very bad!

Love, Joëlle

Hi, Joelle. Welcome to Golden Skate. Post often, post long! Your English is super.

OK, I'll give it a try:

Welkom!

How was that?

You must be a very good skater to be in the touring ice show! How long have you been skating? What level are you at?

Mathman

On the Ice
    hehe thnx!

Well thats the whole point, at our ,how do you call it, show I guess, you arent training on the jumps and stuff but on performance and attitude on the ice..

i'm now skating 7 years, but we only train in the winter, (oct. till april)

Ik call only jump single jumps, but I can't tell you witch one becouse I guess there not the same.. the dutch names are:

Kadet, salchow, oiler, spot, flip, rithberger

we also don't work on levels, becouwe we are just training for shows and stuff.. This is my first year in the selection and showgroup what means I'm gonna travel around our little counrty and belgium.. And maybe in about 2 years our (I don't know the word).. Group I guess will pick 50 kids to go to china to give there a couple off shows..

But the chance i'm gonna be in hat group will be little.

My story is getting way to long.. For photo's and stuf you can watch www.kidsonice.nl

I'm going to bed know, here in holland its 10:42 in the evening!

Goodnight, and for you good afternoon!

On the Ice
    these are the photo's from our big show in 2004 in march

I'm not on the pictures!

http://www.kidsonice.nl/fotoboek/laatsteshow.php

On the Ice
    and another post with a couple off nice pictures..

So I hope now you have an idea of what kind a show it is.. It is very professional with the costumes as you can see, and decors are very nice every time.. I don't have a photo of our decor.. But you can think of things like; Boats with lights and stuff, theatres with balkonees, big caves, ice lands etc. etc.

Now, I'm really going to sleep :P bye!

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Welcome to GS, Joelle.

It looks like you are in a splendid group of skaters. What nice memories you'll have! I hope you enjoy your time there and update us often on how you and the group are doing.

I sing in a choral group that performs several times a year and I know how much I enjoy working and performing with this excellent group. I know how lucky I am to have been accepted into this group and while I sometimes wonder HOW I managed to get in, I am always happy that I did get in and work hard to learn my music and perform to the best of my ability. So, my best advice to you -- ENJOY!

And don't forget that we want to hear from you often!

On the Ice
    oke, i'm still online hehe.. this will be my last post and then I will go to bed..
    Anyway, how cool is it that you sing!

And ofcourse you will heare often from me, I can allready tell you that we were having our first training last thursday, en tonight we had our second.. we allready started a dance for a show in december, and it will be on the songs:

que viva la vida - belle perez
    a kind of magic - queen
    a song from Mariah Carey don't knwo the titel

and a couple more I don't know yet, we didn't started those !

I train official 3 times a week 2 hours per training, but in the middle of the season it will become 5 tot 6 times a week..

That's it for tonight.. Talk to you tomorrow probably while you are sleeping

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Welcome to GS Joelle!! Thank you for sharing some pictures of your show and best of luck with your upcoming season!

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Welcome, Joelle! I love the colors in the costumes, of your show. I hope you like it here.

Annie

On the Ice
    thnx everyone!

One question, is there on this forum a special place with just photo's, moving pictures, parts of movies etc. ? becouse I can't find it.. but maybe it isnt even here so..

Custom Title
    Hi Dutch Skater! Welcome!

My coach is Dutch. She went to Holland over the summer and said she saw the skating museum there. And she was in it! Maybe we'll see you there, too."

Anyway, i just wanted to say "hi." I'm American, but my Mom was also Dutch.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by megsk8z
    Hi Dutch Skater! Welcome!

My coach is Dutch. She went to Holland over the summer and said she saw the skating museum there. And she was in it! Maybe we'll see you there, too."

Anyway, i just wanted to say "hi." I'm American, but my Mom was also Dutch.
    Aah that's so nice! Do you know where in holland they come from ?

On the Ice
    Hello Joelle, nice to meet you!! Seems like you are in a wonderful skating company... and thanx for sharing these beautiful pics!! Are you the one with the mermaid costume? And don't worry about your english, I have spent some time in Holland and I was always amazed at the excellent language skills of Dutch people... and you are no exception!! I hope you will have some fun here, who are your favourite skaters?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by urmaniac13
    Hello Joelle, nice to meet you!! Seems like you are in a wonderful skating company... and thanx for sharing these beautiful pics!! Are you the one with the mermaid costume? And don't worry about your english, I have spent some time in Holland and I was always amazed at the excellent language skills of Dutch people... and you are no exception!! I hope you will have some fun here, who are your favourite skaters?
    No hehe, i'm not the one with the mermaid costume, these pics are from our site, and i'm not on it.. I can scan some pictures if you want., or look for pictures from me ON the ice..

My favourite skaters are Michelle kwan and Sasha Cohen ofcourse!
    Where did you go in holland? And thanx for the compliments hehe!

On the Ice
    ohh, I only had this picture.. Was made on the Eifeltower in Paris there was a rink placed om the second floor, and for my birthday we went over there to skate on it! Only this picture! sorry!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...leinparijs.jpg

Click to make it bigger, else my head looks very weard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast