Hello Everyone! | Golden Skate

Hello Everyone!

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
Hi there!

I'm Joëlle, 15 years old and I live in Holland.. I'm here becouse there's no such thing as a dutch skaters forum and I love to talk about figure skating..
And it will improve my english :p

I skate with ''Kids on Ice'' a dutch show, kind a like Holiday on ice, but then with children in the age of 3 to 20.. We are the biggest european skating show and every year we have several shows.

I hope you all can understand me good enough, and sorry if my english is very bad!

Love, Joëlle

Hi, Joelle. Welcome to Golden Skate. Post often, post long! Your English is super.

OK, I'll give it a try:

Welkom!

How was that? :laugh:

You must be a very good skater to be in the touring ice show! :rock: How long have you been skating? What level are you at?

Mathman :)

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
hehe thnx!

Well thats the whole point, at our ,how do you call it, show I guess, you arent training on the jumps and stuff but on performance and attitude on the ice..

i'm now skating 7 years, but we only train in the winter, (oct. till april)

Ik call only jump single jumps, but I can't tell you witch one becouse I guess there not the same.. the dutch names are:

Kadet, salchow, oiler, spot, flip, rithberger

we also don't work on levels, becouwe we are just training for shows and stuff.. This is my first year in the selection and showgroup what means I'm gonna travel around our little counrty and belgium.. And maybe in about 2 years our (I don't know the word).. Group I guess will pick 50 kids to go to china to give there a couple off shows..

But the chance i'm gonna be in hat group will be little.

My story is getting way to long.. For photo's and stuf you can watch www.kidsonice.nl

I'm going to bed know, here in holland its 10:42 in the evening! :cool:

Goodnight, and for you good afternoon! :biggrin:

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
and another post with a couple off nice pictures..

22.jpg

28.jpg

12.jpg

2002-foto-1.jpg

2000-foto-4.jpg

So I hope now you have an idea of what kind a show it is.. It is very professional with the costumes as you can see, and decors are very nice every time.. I don't have a photo of our decor.. But you can think of things like; Boats with lights and stuff, theatres with balkonees, big caves, ice lands etc. etc.

Now, I'm really going to sleep :p bye!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Welcome to GS, Joelle.

It looks like you are in a splendid group of skaters. What nice memories you'll have! I hope you enjoy your time there and update us often on how you and the group are doing.

I sing in a choral group that performs several times a year and I know how much I enjoy working and performing with this excellent group. I know how lucky I am to have been accepted into this group and while I sometimes wonder HOW I managed to get in, I am always happy that I did get in and work hard to learn my music and perform to the best of my ability. So, my best advice to you -- ENJOY!

And don't forget that we want to hear from you often!

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
oke, i'm still online hehe.. this will be my last post and then I will go to bed..
Anyway, how cool is it that you sing!

And ofcourse you will heare often from me, I can allready tell you that we were having our first training last thursday, en tonight we had our second.. we allready started a dance for a show in december, and it will be on the songs:

que viva la vida - belle perez
a kind of magic - queen
a song from Mariah Carey don't knwo the titel

and a couple more I don't know yet, we didn't started those !

I train official 3 times a week 2 hours per training, but in the middle of the season it will become 5 tot 6 times a week..

That's it for tonight.. Talk to you tomorrow probably while you are sleeping ;)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Welcome to GS Joelle!! Thank you for sharing some pictures of your show and best of luck with your upcoming season! :clap:

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
thnx everyone!

One question, is there on this forum a special place with just photo's, moving pictures, parts of movies etc. ? becouse I can't find it.. but maybe it isnt even here so.. :)

megsk8z

On the Ice
Hi Dutch Skater! Welcome!

My coach is Dutch. She went to Holland over the summer and said she saw the skating museum there. And she was in it! Maybe we'll see you there, too."

Anyway, i just wanted to say "hi." I'm American, but my Mom was also Dutch.

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
megsk8z said:
Hi Dutch Skater! Welcome!

My coach is Dutch. She went to Holland over the summer and said she saw the skating museum there. And she was in it! Maybe we'll see you there, too."

Anyway, i just wanted to say "hi." I'm American, but my Mom was also Dutch.
Aah that's so nice! Do you know where in holland they come from ? :)

urmaniac13

Rinkside
Hello Joelle, nice to meet you!! Seems like you are in a wonderful skating company... and thanx for sharing these beautiful pics!! Are you the one with the mermaid costume? And don't worry about your english, I have spent some time in Holland and I was always amazed at the excellent language skills of Dutch people... and you are no exception!! I hope you will have some fun here, who are your favourite skaters?

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
urmaniac13 said:
Hello Joelle, nice to meet you!! Seems like you are in a wonderful skating company... and thanx for sharing these beautiful pics!! Are you the one with the mermaid costume? And don't worry about your english, I have spent some time in Holland and I was always amazed at the excellent language skills of Dutch people... and you are no exception!! I hope you will have some fun here, who are your favourite skaters?

No hehe, i'm not the one with the mermaid costume, these pics are from our site, and i'm not on it.. I can scan some pictures if you want., or look for pictures from me ON the ice..

My favourite skaters are Michelle kwan and Sasha Cohen ofcourse! :rock:
Where did you go in holland? And thanx for the compliments hehe!

urmaniac13

Rinkside
Oops!! Sorry if I made a bad mistake... yeah of course I would love to see your pic, and I am sure there are many who are interested!!
I spent a week in Amsterdam, and I stayed with a friend I had come to know through internet in Zwolle for a few weeks. I really liked it there, nice people (cute boys :biggrin: )... and I ate too much of those waffle-stroop sandwiches and apple pastries!! :laugh:
How is the general interest in figure skating in Holland? It is really pathetic in Italy, no one cares!! :mad: I am really pulling for Carolina Kostner going into the Olympics in Torino, aside from the fact that she is a lovely skater she could spark up some local interests here if she does well!!

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
Hehe no, it's okey! Yes stroopwafels are delecious! Appelstroop I think you mean.. I don't like it :p Anyway, the intereset here is soo pathetic!when i tell people i skate, there are like.. WOOOW REALLY?! they find it so special, and ?I think that not in america is it?
Cool that you live in rome! Are you an america girl? Of what.. And the italian boys are very very cute too :cool:

Ohh, we also had last winter the international Championchips for ''kids'' .. don't know the word.. There was Miki Ando.. and she became first! so that was cool, that it was in holland.. But except for that its like you say really phatethic!

urmaniac13

Rinkside
Yes I am an American, but I have been living in Rome for 2years and 7months now, I really love it and I hope to stay here for good!! And yes you got that right, Italian boys!! :biggrin: In particular my honey Cristiano, he is the very reason I live in Rome, to share my life with him :love:
(well we are on the public board, let's not stray too much from the main subject here... :p)
But I think the situation in Holland is much better, at least you get to skate and you have an opportunity to be a part of such a professional company!! The first winter I was here, I thought to get back into skating (I used to skate for 4 years, only as a recreation though), but 1. there was no proper rink anywhere in the vicinity of Rome, and 2. I couldn't find any shop who sold ice skates... :banging:
Well there is one sporting complex supposed to be built soon just outside the city centre and they MAY have a skating rink... ugh!! But hey, the Dutch team has been progressing very well with gymnastics... maybe it can happen with figure skating in the near future!! (and maybe... you will lead the way...??? :agree: )

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
Ohh god! So you haven't skated since you left america? I'm allready complainging when the season is over hehe!
I hope for you that there is going to be a rink in that new thing! And another question how old are you? :)