Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello Everyone!

On the Ice
    Oops!! Sorry if I made a bad mistake... yeah of course I would love to see your pic, and I am sure there are many who are interested!!
    I spent a week in Amsterdam, and I stayed with a friend I had come to know through internet in Zwolle for a few weeks. I really liked it there, nice people (cute boys )... and I ate too much of those waffle-stroop sandwiches and apple pastries!!
    How is the general interest in figure skating in Holland? It is really pathetic in Italy, no one cares!! I am really pulling for Carolina Kostner going into the Olympics in Torino, aside from the fact that she is a lovely skater she could spark up some local interests here if she does well!!

On the Ice
    Hey that's a real cute picture!! What a bright smile!! Thanks for sharing it

On the Ice
    Hehe no, it's okey! Yes stroopwafels are delecious! Appelstroop I think you mean.. I don't like it :P Anyway, the intereset here is soo pathetic!when i tell people i skate, there are like.. WOOOW REALLY?! they find it so special, and ?I think that not in america is it?
    Cool that you live in rome! Are you an america girl? Of what.. And the italian boys are very very cute too

Ohh, we also had last winter the international Championchips for ''kids'' .. don't know the word.. There was Miki Ando.. and she became first! so that was cool, that it was in holland.. But except for that its like you say really phatethic!

On the Ice
    Yes I am an American, but I have been living in Rome for 2years and 7months now, I really love it and I hope to stay here for good!! And yes you got that right, Italian boys!! In particular my honey Cristiano, he is the very reason I live in Rome, to share my life with him
    (well we are on the public board, let's not stray too much from the main subject here... )
    But I think the situation in Holland is much better, at least you get to skate and you have an opportunity to be a part of such a professional company!! The first winter I was here, I thought to get back into skating (I used to skate for 4 years, only as a recreation though), but 1. there was no proper rink anywhere in the vicinity of Rome, and 2. I couldn't find any shop who sold ice skates... :banging:
    Well there is one sporting complex supposed to be built soon just outside the city centre and they MAY have a skating rink... ugh!! But hey, the Dutch team has been progressing very well with gymnastics... maybe it can happen with figure skating in the near future!! (and maybe... you will lead the way...??? )

On the Ice
    Ohh god! So you haven't skated since you left america? I'm allready complainging when the season is over hehe!
    I hope for you that there is going to be a rink in that new thing! And another question how old are you?

On the Ice
    Yes I haven't skated for 5 years... bummer!! So if I were to pick it up again I am afraid I would have to go through everything from scratch, including learning to stand straight on the ice!! But yes even if that is the case I really hope they will make a rink here soon... I really enjoyed it and without any coaching I managed to teach myself a toeloop and salchow, and a half axel... I would have wished to go a little further!!
    Anyway, I just turned 34 2 weeks ago, probably you would have guessed someone much younger (or should I say immature?? ) and me too... I just wonder from where in the world came these extra 20 years that really shouldn't be there
    well Joelle it's been nice chatting with you but now it is time for me to go to gym... I hope we can talk again very soon!! Have a nice evening, dooyee!! (I can't remember how you spell it!!)
    Luvs, Licia

On the Ice
    Yes, i tough you were much younger.. I tought you were 13 hehe becouse of your name.. Well anyway that really cool you learned yourself a toeloop and a salchow, i can jump the toeloop almost whole.. but i can't land on 1 leg.. so thats the problem.. and i don't like the salchow, i think its a stupid jump. I can preform it hehe but i don't like it.. The axel I can't
    I really admire it you learned it all by yourself! Damn hehehe!
    Nice talking to you too, and i'm going to bed now BTW, cooool.. we live in the same timezone Ohyeah

Doooeeei! (you spel Doei)

doei, Joëlle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2