Worst Skating Outfits | Golden Skate

Worst Skating Outfits

Arianne

On the Ice
:rofl: Hmmm. This thread could be interesting... One of the worst outfits that comes to my mind is Ilia Kulik's 1998 Olympic yellow cow costume. I love Ilia, but that shirt never really made sense to me. Please share your thoughts and links!!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
So far for this season...

....I have to say that Yoshie Onda gets an early Rusty Hanger nomination in the ladies division for her costume from the Japan International. I can't find a still picture of it, but the video version is available here.

http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1073&st=100&#entry25689

I can hardly wait to watch some ice dancing. It's very early yet, and the fashion show has hardly begun. So I'm sure we will have plenty more to nominate.

Another early observation - it seems to be "the season of red" so far for the ladies.

:biggrin:

DG

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
My vote goes to Vanessa Gusmeroli for her Joan of Arc costume. I'll have to try and find a picture (when I get home from work tonight ;)). She wore this during the 2000 Grand Prix and went back to her Legends of the Fall program when she showed up at Worlds in Vancouver.

I would also go with Tonya Harding's costume at 1994 Nationals. She had that illusion panel in front (that left nothing to the imagination) and no sleeves. When she raised up her arms you could see the caked-on deodorant - EEEWW!!!!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
There are so many! :laugh:

Shizuka Arakawa-pink dress with gold trim, white fringe swan dress
Julia Sebestyen-Carmen half man half women dress
Plushenko's gold suit-too much foil for me

I know there are others :yes:

Crizzy

Rinkside
Cupcake's Monk/Cross Hood exhibition 2003 Worlds. I just didn't get it. :scratch:

I swear I thought the Grand Wizard of KKK was skating at DC. :eek:

bdreampixie

On the Ice
luvsasha, that's ice dance team Chait/Sakhnovsky from Israel.

Shiz's R&J pink dress was horrible. Looked like it was unfinished.

Sasha's Rach dress from Nats and Worlds. The deep V, the tie-dye, the sparkles, just a mess.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
luvsasha said:
that's terrible! lol. What pair is that?
Luvsasha, that is Chait/Sakhnovsky and what is so terrible is that they did their exhibition in these costumes. I think it was their long program in 2003. They just twiked the program for the exhibition. It was scary!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

S

SkateFan4Life

You've already named a few at the top of my list:

Ilia Kulik's "cow" shirt from the 1998 Olympics. UGH!

Takeshi Hondi's "mummy" outfit - a double UGH!!

Many of Anissina and Peizerat's costumes - a triple UGH!!!

A number of Irina Slutskaya's costumes - a quad UGH!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mike's "tattoo" shirt - No offense to Mike, but I just didn't like the shirt. I had no problem with the Led Zeppelin music

Brian Joubert's first "1492" costume

In general I just don't like gaudy & shredded costumes.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
So they're a brother and sister team...? (Hugentoblers)

What in the world? It looks like she is wearing a breast prosthesis.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL thisthingcalled love....

Yoshie owes you a thank you note. Now that you've reminded us of these costumes from years past, hers won't seem quite so bad this year. At least she doesn't look like a Dominatrix or a Stripper LOL.

DG