Favorite TV Characters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite TV Characters

Aloft04

On the Ice
I'm not 'twinnie' but wanted to note that your husband is much better looking than the actor who plays him!!

fallsauce

Rinkside
Spike - James Marsters - Buffy.
Absolutely no doubt, my favourite character. Ever.

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce - Alexis Denisof - Angel
Notice the show? From one of my most hated characters on Buffy to my favourite on Angel, gotta :clap: for the writers.

Angel - David Boreanaz - Angel
Quite similar to Wesley, though Angel was the boring one, not the annoying one.

Sark - David Anders - Alias (Up to season 2)
Hot AND cool.

Capt. James Kirk - (tip of my tongue) - Star Trek
Love to hate. He do something stupid, then while I was thinking was a misogynist/idiot/dork he was, he'd smile. (He has a very charming smile.) Love to see him and Spock together. (sanitised version or not, take your pick. :p)

.... So I guess you can tell I'm a girl, right?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Maryann Thorpe (Christine Baranski) in Cybill (as in Shepherd)

Wasn't she great? I loved the episode where Mayann and Cybill were in Vegas maxing out Mayann's credit card with Marvin Gaye and Tammie Terrell singing "It Takes Two" in the background.

Orrie Main - Patick Swayze - "North and South"

Liz and Candy Sweeney - Nora Dunn and Jan Hooks - "Saturday NightLive"

Men On Film - Damon Wayons and David Alan Grier - "In Living Color"

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Jo (Nancy McKeon) and Blair (Lisa Whelchel) on "Facts on Life."
Blanche (Rue McClanahan) and Sophia (Estelle Getty) on "The Golden Girls"
Raven (Tara Strong) on "Teen Titans"
Mackenzie Allen (Geena Davis) on "Commander In Chief"
Michael (Hal Sparks) and Brian (Gale Harold) on "Queer As Folk"
Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) on "X-Files"
Angela (Claire Danes) on "My So Called Life"

In many of these cases, what interested me was the interplay between the 2 characters on the show. Tomboy, working class Jo was a rival and unlikely friend for bourgeois Blair; middle aged $lut Blanche was just too funny with the sarcastic Sophia. Subtle but simmering romantic tensions between two polar opposite personalities made for interesting interplay on "Queer As Folk" and "X-Files."

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
fallsauce said:
Capt. James Kirk - (tip of my tongue) - Star Trek
That would be WILLIAM SHATNER.

Which reminds me of how much I love DENNY CRANE (Shatner) and Allan Shore (James Spader) of Boston Legal. Definitely at the top of my current list of faves. I'm still waiting for the Candace Bergen character of Shirley Schmidt to develop a personality with some definition, because I love Candace Bergen. :biggrin:

Oh, yeah, speaking of CB, can't forget about the wonderful Murphy Brown! :agree:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Aloft04 said:
I'm not 'twinnie' but wanted to note that your husband is much better looking than the actor who plays him!!
:love: :love: :love: You're so sweet! Actually, if my husband would not be smiling in that photo, the similarity would be much more pronounced. :biggrin: But he doesn't allow himself to be photographed with a "serious" face, only a smile or, if he's in a photo with Madelyn, a goofy grin. :laugh:

Jill

On the Ice
QUOTE=CzarinaAnya
[*]Quentin Collins-David Selby in Dark Shadows
[*]Barnabas Collins-Jonathan Frid in Dark Shadows
[*]Angelique- Lara Spencer in Dark Shadows

Anya, I can't believe you remember Dark Shadows! David Selby was such a hottie! My sister and I used to watch Dark Shadows every day after school. He had sooooo much sex appeal. We were so young that we didn't even know that's what it was called, but we were old enough to know that he had it!

Okay, so I don't watch much TV, but I used to love the entire cast of Northern Exposure. Also China Beach, with Marg Helgenberger as KC my all time favorite. No one ever looked so good in a Chinese dress!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
JillLaQ said:
Anya, I can't believe you remember Dark Shadows! David Selby was such a hottie! My sister and I used to watch Dark Shadows every day after school. He had sooooo much sex appeal. We were so young that we didn't even know that's what it was called, but we were old enough to know that he had it!
Yeah, we used to watch it at 4 p.m. every day after school. I had a little crush on David Selby/Quentin myself. I loved that show as well as the movies based on it. :love:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Yeah, we used to watch it at 4 p.m. every day after school. I had a little crush on David Selby/Quentin myself. I loved that show as well as the movies based on it. :love:

You were an East coaster then? I barely got home in time to see it at 4pm. Where was Tivo, LOL? I thought Victoria Winters was so beauiful. Who knew that many years later she would fall for a real life blood sucker...Claus Von Bulow?

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
JillLaQ said:
CzarinaAnya
[*]Quentin Collins-David Selby in Dark Shadows
[*]Barnabas Collins-Jonathan Frid in Dark Shadows
[*]Angelique- Lara Spencer in Dark Shadows

Okay, so I don't watch much TV, but I used to love the entire cast of Northern Exposure. Also China Beach, with Marg Helgenberger as KC my all time favorite. No one ever looked so good in a Chinese dress!

Yes, my mom got me into the show in the early 90's. Then, when I got into around 7th grade, I began to watch the whole series because it was on the sci fi channel. Mom would tape it while I was at school, and then we'd watch it when I got home. Jonathan Frid and David Selby are still great actors. Jonathan mostly sticks to the stage, though. I love all the names from DS. I can't pick just one, I want to name my kids, Josette, Quentin, Angelique, etc...lol IMO, Passion's is just a cheap knock off of D.S.

RG#1,
Your hubby rocks big time! :rock: Your daughter, already the coolest tween on the planet, is going to be the rockin'est adult on the planet and, if we are to save this country, US president ASAP.

But of course, if wasn't just the way Ilya Kuryakin looked; it was his whole vibe that was far superior to Robert Vaughn's Mr. Solo. Solo was so obviously trying; Mr. Kuryakin was so...zen.

Actually, I did find my own Mr. Kuryakin. Since we are twins separated at birth, I'll have to catch you up on that in a, ahem, PRIVATE Message. ;)

Man, you, Mr. Rgal, Rgal Jr, Madelyn--when you walk together as a family (people do still walk in SoCal, right?) people must be so dazzled they can't move. Kewl. :clap:
RG#2

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Favorite TV characters

Sam and Diane
Coach
Carla from Cheers

Frasier from his own show

Mary, Rhoda and Ted

The Meathead---and Gloria

Frank and Hotlips from Mash

Will, Grace, Jack and Karen

Gilligan

Currently? House and Alison Dubois, The medium

Germanice

On the Ice
Davy Jones, Mickey Dolenz, Mike Nesmith, Peter Tork alias The Monkees!!!!!!!

Keith Partridge & Laurie Partridge = David Cassidy & Susan Dey

Don't know the correct title of it - "Tammy, the girl from the houseboat" (???),
I loved Tammy in my early youth, who played it, Debbie Reynolds????

Mrs. Beasley - (Dear Uncle Bill?)

Samantha from "Bewitched"

Emma Peel alias Diana Rigg

Doris Day

Almost all characters in "Rich man - poor man", especially Tom!

And last but not least:
Jeannie alias Barbara Eden - I dream of Jeannie!!!!!

Anke

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Germanice said:
Davy Jones, Mickey Dolenz, Mike Nesmith, Peter Tork alias The Monkees!!!!!!!

Keith Partridge & Laurie Partridge = David Cassidy & Susan Dey

Doris Day

And last but not least:
Jeannie alias Barbara Eden - I dream of Jeannie!!!!!

Anke

How could I forget all of those? I love the monkees! Ever since I was 4! :love:

You have pretty good taste :agree:

Buzzz

Final Flight
I work night shift now, so I have not watched much television in years. But here are a few that I do watch or remember. :biggrin:

The Little Rascals - forgive me I do not remember their names, but they are all lovable and faves of mine.

Charlie Eppes(David Krumholtz) - from Numb3rs

Detective First Grade Robert Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio) - Law & Order CI

Allison DuBois(Patricia Arquette) - Medium