Cohen's In - Kwan's Out | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cohen's In - Kwan's Out

orchid

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
The other ladies will be waiting for mistakes by the top 2.

Joe

Interesting. If Michelle were to skate, Sasha would be waiting for the top 2 to make mistakes.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
pollyls said:
Yes, for Goddess' sake let's have the latest fluff, not recycled fluff from last year about (a) Irina's ill health, (b) Tanith & Ben not going to Olys, (c) Michelle and the basketball player, (d) shopping spree by Johnny Weir, (e) Michael Weiss' big house and cute family.

Since we may ask for, but are unlikely ever to get, more performances from skaters instead of fluff, let's have spanking new fluff. So to speak. About (a) Sasha's cooking classes, (b) Tim Goebel's world-class health care team, (c) Michelle's latest deep and cryptic thoughts about the Olympics, (d) the sisterly bond between Sarah & Emily Hughes. I'm sure we'll get plenty of injury reports on all the walking wounded.

Some stuff that isn't really so fluffy that might be cool to hear about (although I'd much rather see Takeshi Honda's and Emanuel Sandhu's free programs) might be (a) Michelle working with Tarasova, (b) Kimmie Meissner triple axel stuff, (c) how Angela Nikodinov is doing, (d) ditto Jenny Kirk.

Gosh, I'm so organized. :agree:

:laugh: ITA!

I'm sure the Fluff Scrammble is on for Campbell's and SA with MK's injury. I predict we will hear lots about that, but also some extra fluff pieces on Kimmy if the USFSA has anything to say about it. (which I'm quite sure they do)

Here's to some fresh fluff!

DG

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's the Olympic season. There definitely will be no shortage of fluff. If done correctly they're actually pretty informative and fun to watch.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:

I'm sure the Fluff Scrammble is on for Campbell's and SA with MK's injury. I predict we will hear lots about that, but also some extra fluff pieces on Kimmy if the USFSA has anything to say about it. (which I'm quite sure they do)

:laugh: :biggrin: :laugh: :biggrin:

Well, at least there won't be the usual fluff piece with Michelle walking along the beach or thoughtfully sitting under a tree while her voice is heard in the background as a voiceover. (Geesh! Can't they think of something original already??) :cool:

R.D.

Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
:laugh: :biggrin: :laugh: :biggrin:

Well, at least there won't be the usual fluff piece with Michelle walking along the beach or thoughtfully sitting under a tree while her voice is heard in the background as a voiceover. (Geesh! Can't they think of something original already??) :cool:

I wouldn't even count on that. :unsure:

swannanoa54

On the Ice
I don't count on Sasha for anything. I can only hope. However I am waiting to see if Alissa will be shown. She's one of my favorites and just doesn't get enough air time for me. I don't care if she wins or not. I just wanna see her skate.

Personally I hope Shizuka wins (another of my favorites). Hopefully coming off the narrow loss at the Japan Challenge, I think she's Cohen's biggest competition out there today. Even though I like Sasha a lot, I just can't root for her over Shizuka.

As for fluff pieces, I imagine they will all feature the new USFSA's darling, Kimmie, and no one else. Those, of course, will become the bathroom, popcorn popping and little other things breaks that I need.:rofl:

RealtorGal said:
Well, at least there won't be the usual fluff piece with Michelle walking along the beach or thoughtfully sitting under a tree while her voice is heard in the background as a voiceover.
What? No Michelle sitting pensively under a tree?

Then I, for one, am not going to watch.

Joesitz said:
Rgirl - I was thinking more of Campbells than the Olys at this point, and MK is not skating.

I just got a rush that I was Lermontov announcing to the audience that Miss Page will not dance the Red Shoes tonight.:)
:rofl: With appropriate overacting of Anton Walbrook, natch. Actually, almost the whole cast. But then it wouldn't be "The Red Shoes," would it? Did you catch the Michael Powell retrospective on Turner Classic Movies not long ago? "The Red Shoes" is still the best dance film -- emphasis on film -- I've ever seen.

Off-topic, sorry.

Rgirl

Rgirl said:
:rofl: With appropriate overacting of Anton Walbrook, natch. Actually, almost the whole cast. But then it wouldn't be "The Red Shoes," would it? Did you catch the Michael Powell retrospective on Turner Classic Movies not long ago? "The Red Shoes" is still the best dance film -- emphasis on film -- I've ever seen. Off-topic, sorry.Rgirl
Off topic too, the thread is dead anyway.

The Radd Shoos as Lermantov would say is a movie I've seen 40 times and like Gone With the Wind, if you are surfing the net and you hit upon it, and after saying you will never watch it again, you do!

Joe

pollyls

Rinkside
Doggygirl said:

DG

They should offer the Fluff Scramble in the arena snack concessions. :agree:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
pollyls said:
They should offer the Fluff Scramble in the arena snack concessions. :agree:

Pour vous? Souffle! :rofl: (and I'm quite sure I didn't spell any of that right!!)

DG

Joesitz said:
Off topic too, the thread is dead anyway.

The Radd Shoos as Lermantov would say is a movie I've seen 40 times and like Gone With the Wind, if you are surfing the net and you hit upon it, and after saying you will never watch it again, you do!
"The Radd Shoos!" :clap: I was wondering how to write Lermantov's accent, from wherever it may be. Ya nailed it!

I don't think I'm up to 40 times yet, but close. Same deal with me. It's as if "The Red Shoes" movie keeps me watching the way it keeps the wearer of the red shoes in the ballet dancing.

Rgirl's last words: "Darling, turn off 'The Red Shoes.' Now, please, turn on 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre...." Curtain. :p

Rgirl

millie

Medalist
Sorry Red Dog, that's why I deleted the post. When you click on the site, page not found appears, go down open home page and click. I found the article on MKF-under new article.

Last edited: