Christmas Wishlist -- it's getting to be that time again | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Christmas Wishlist -- it's getting to be that time again

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Whoa, that one expensive camera!
smiley9234.gif

JOHIO2

Medalist
Anya, and the diving isn't expensive, all by itself? :rofl:

So, diverchick, which do you want to do first - get photo ready for underwater shoots or find a warmer, less crumbly place to live?

diver chick

On the Ice
JOHIO2 said:
So, diverchick, which do you want to do first - get photo ready for underwater shoots or find a warmer, less crumbly place to live?

Oh get the camera sorted first of course!!! :laugh: Although looking out the window here at the moment, Egypt's Red Sea coast is looking mighty fine at the moment!

Anya - the camera itself is not that expensive, what makes it so expensive is that for most SLR cameras underwater housings need to be specially made for them and there are extra bits of kit that are specific to underwater photos that cannot be used on land, so things like colour filters so the photos don't come out too green or blue, wide angle lenses to get those all important shark shots etc and because there is not such a huge market for these things it makes them more expensive.

Wales has some great places for taking over land shots, just depends on what you like. Snowdonia National Park will be fab in the Winter with the mountains all covered in snow so I will hopefully get to spend some time up there taking pics. I have to admit though, my main interest is in the underwater photography.

JOHIO2

Medalist
diverchick,

If you're going to Egypt, can you take me along? Of course while you will be warmer, where will you dive besides the Nile? I doubt you'd get anything but muddy pics. On the otherhand, if you stick to the Med. coastal area.......

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I have an Amazon wish list. It is mostly books. Lately, lots of skating books (mysteries, as I'm a sucker for light-reading mysteries and hey, they have skating), that lovely book on Japanese goldfish, more cookbooks (like I NEED them, but hey), that sort of thing.

Of course, that pretty 'figure' necklace from the World Figure Skating Museum Gift Shop would be nice, if impractical as I almost never wear jewelry. And new blades would be lovely, but that's rather a lot of money when the ones I have will do for now.

Heh. A partner. A partner who's also cute, single, straight, and not jailbait would be utterly perfect...("Dear Santa Claus...you managed to come through on the pony. Got a harder one for you this time....)