When are you flying in? | Golden Skate

When are you flying in?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
can you tell I just paid big bucks for all event tickets ?? :rock: ha ha! I love Dividend day in Alaska! :rock:

anyway I'm looking up airline flights (wholy crap I'll be doing a lot of flying) and I'm trying to figure out when I should come in.... I'm thinking flying from the 6th thru the 7th.... but I'm not sure...

decisions decisions

mpal2

Final Flight
I'm considering driving. It's not all that much longer after you take security and changeover time into consideration. Plus, I can't find a decent flight time back. If I flew, I would either have to stay an extra night or miss the last part of the exhibition.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
I'm considering driving. It's not all that much longer after you take security and changeover time into consideration. Plus, I can't find a decent flight time back. If I flew, I would either have to stay an extra night or miss the last part of the exhibition.

ooooooo I totally forgot about the time having to go back WHOOPS!!! good thing I didn't order my airplane tickets yet :laugh:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Flying? No flying here! My feet are staying on the ground, or in the car, rather. We'll be driving. It's about a 10 hour drive from little bro's. We hope to leave on Saturday sometime.

Toni, good for you on ordering your tickets! :rock:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it'd take me at LEAST 3 days to get down

that's if I didn't stop to rest, the roads were good, and I didn't get lost :laugh:

it's going to be a longbutted flight down UGH:frown:

Chele615

Rinkside
I have my plane tickets already...Brenda and I ordered them a couple months ago. Anyway, I'm leaving Boston on Tuesday night and meeting up with Brenda when we both layover in Philly. We should be landing in St. Louis around 9pm on Tuesday night I think. Then we're both flying home on Monday. I love that the Monday is Martin Luther King Day since I have that day off from work and don't need to take any extra day off.

I'm SO excited :) :) :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have to leave Friday Night (Jan. 6) in order to get into STL sometime in the afternoon... I hate layovers (the more landings and take offs, the more chance of me feeling sick! LOL)

I hate that traveling to and from Alaska is sooooooooooooo long :p lol

oh well, it'll be worth it

Jhar55

Medalist
I am driving it's only about 2 1/2 hours from me. I am in Western Kentucky on the Southern ILL border. Just pray we don't get SNOW!!!

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Jhar55 said:
I am driving it's only about 2 1/2 hours from me. I am in Western Kentucky on the Southern ILL border. Just pray we don't get SNOW!!!

Speaking of snow, how likely is it to snow on us up there? Do I need to budget for snow tires?:sheesh:

Jhar55

Medalist
We had one big snow last year. It's always possiable. But nobody buys snow tires. Hoping for a warm Jan.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Jhar55 said:
We had one big snow last year. It's always possiable. But nobody buys snow tires. Hoping for a warm Jan.

Thanks! At least I won't be doing the driving. This Florida gal has never driven in ice, much less snow.

Jhar55

Medalist
Well, I am not sure about St. Louis drivers but where I live they can't drive on dry pavement let alone snow / ice. :laugh:
I am an old Northern Indiana girl so I can.
Heck when I first moved here it started to snow and everyone was ready to go home. Gotta go home it's snowing......:rofl:

JOHIO2

Medalist
jhar -- :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Toni, i guess you realize that no big fs comps are coming to alaska anytime soon. :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
jhar -- :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Toni, i guess you realize that no big fs comps are coming to alaska anytime soon. :biggrin:

we seem to get something up here every ten years... 79 we got Tai & Randy and Dorothy (in KENAI no less)

in 89 we got Walt Disney On Ice with Scott Hamilton (we had great seats)

in 99 we got Scott Hamilton & Katarina Witt's Skating Spectacular... which was way cool

so in 09 maybe we'll get something cool up here again

oh and in 99 Josee got Scott a good one when she smacked him with a snowball for the TV news people :laugh:

oh and if anyone cares, I end up getting into STL at noon on the 6th! I don't want to be there so early but it's the only thing I could get.... anyone else coming in that soon?

sk8addict

On the Ice
Monday flights

We fly in nonstop on Monday & come back home on Sunday. Where are you all staying? We are right across rhe street from the Savis Center.

Jhar55

Medalist
With the weather here today, I am just glad it's not next month.
I am on the border of Western KY and So. Ill, little slick driving to work this morning, yep I even slid a little because the car in front stopped real quick, goodthing it was a four lane. Closer it gets I am really not looking forward to the drive.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sk8addict said:
We fly in nonstop on Monday & come back home on Sunday. Where are you all staying? We are right across rhe street from the Savis Center.

I'm staying at the Reniscance (tonichelle can't speel)

Jhar55

Medalist
The mailman brought me a christmas present today. :rofl:
I got my tickets!!! VIP Section 101 Row B
Encluded was a program voucher and collector pin.
For what this trip is costing there should be some freebies :rofl:
Staying at the Hyatt, been thinking about Valet parking so I don't have to worry
about my car all week but it's $18 a day still just might be worth it. Regular parking is $12 but across the street from hotel.
Hope to see / meet some of you there.