Sasha injured | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha injured

XxSweetKissesxX

Match Penalty
Though I am sad that I won't be seeing Sasha or Michelle I amm happy to see Alissa again. I really enjoyed her skating alot last year and I am very happy to see her skate again. I hope that both Sasha and Michelle have speedy recoveries and they will be able to go to the Olympics, but it wouldn't be bad if they don't make the Olympics because we will see other skaters succeed.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Very sad news indeed... I hate to see these young women work so hard and then get sidelined because of injury... Here's hoping Sasha & Michelle quick recoveries... And I thought next year was going to be boring once all the big guns retired... :disapp:

Here's hoping the youngin's take advantage of this opportunity to shine

attyfan said:
Do Alissa and/or Bebe have a second event? I think that Emily does. If Emily makes it to the GPF and Kimmie doesn't, I think the USFSA will have to re-think the hype machine.
Alissa is scheduled for Skate Canada as well as (now) Skate America. I just hope that she is prepared to compete on two days notice at Atlantic City!

Emily has Skate America and Cup of Russia.

Kimmie has Eric Bompard (where she will face Sasha, if Sasha recovers in time) and NKH (Japan).

Bebe does not have a second event, only Skate America. Maybe she will replace Michelle at Cup of China, if (as seems likely) Michelle will not be able to complete.

MM

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Awful news

Now, I really wonder how Jenny feels about her decision.

Alyssa is small consolation without these two. I'd rather see Emily Hughes, who has some fire.

ITA cop demands are way too much on these petite, small boned women. What they reward is the jumping most of all and it has ruined most of the best skaters of Michelle's generation and younger. I think Michelle has hip pain- they all do.

As for Irina Piel, bowlegged skaters are more suited to the sport. She is also a natural jumper, and falls less.

It looks like if Oly's were held this month or next, Irina would walk away with gold very easily. Guess we'll see.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
The Skate Gods are getting a tab too sadistic. This news is expecially pointed in that in answer to Peter's idiotic question to Sasha at Campbell's about sending Michelle a message Sasha answered (very well I might add) that it's a long season and everyone will have their ups and down's. Now it's a down for Sasha, as it was (is) for Michelle. I fear what's next. Irina's illness flares back up? Shizuka self combusts and nothing is left but her skates? Fumie has a late growth spurt and shoots up to six feet? Kimmie wakes up to discover she's turned into a giant cockroach? Tanya Harding takes up curling?

millie

Medalist
yelyoh said:
The Skate Gods are getting a tab too sadistic. This news is expecially pointed in that in answer to Peter's idiotic question to Sasha at Campbell's about sending Michelle a message Sasha answered (very well I might add) that it's a long season and everyone will have their ups and down's. Now it's a down for Sasha, as it was (is) for Michelle. I fear what's next. Irina's illness flares back up? Shizuka self combusts and nothing is left but her skates? Fumie has a late growth spurt and shoots up to six feet? Kimmie wakes up to discover she's turned into a giant cockroach? Tanya Harding takes up curling?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: On that note, what else can happen.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Hey Millie and Doggygirl, it's quite possible us fumpy middleaged women could make the U.S. Olympic team.

jesslily

Final Flight
Sad to hear Sasha is injured too. Hope Sasha and Michelle recover soon. DON"T TRAIN TOO HARD. These two ladies still are the very best in US and world. I wish to see both of them competing at 06 Olympic.

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
I feel really disappointed for both Michelle and Sasha fans. I went to Skate America last year, and missed both of them during that time. If only they would have been able to skate, it would have been a lot more interesting. What's going on with this sport? :mad:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Already the injury list begins and we are not even into the season yet. I wonder how many skaters will be falling off the rosters due to injury. Let's wish them a speedy recovery. Hope Sasha is well soon.

millie

Medalist
Piel said:
Hey Millie and Doggygirl, it's quite possible us fumpy middleaged women could make the U.S. Olympic team.

I can't figure skate, so we have to try the luge. We will call ourselves the "FUMPIES". But I think there will be a problem, I'm Canadian and I don't know if I will get my American citizenship before the Olympics-Oh darn--Can you guys help me out. We will ask Red Dog to be our manager and Mathman, our coach.Oh I forgot Joesitz will take care of our money.

On a serious note, hope the girls get better soon

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
OK Piel....

Piel said:

If I've said it once, I've said it twice. I am NOT a Frumpy Middleaged Lady. I am a Dirty Old Lady. This is the last time I'm going to ask you nice. Next time I'm going to accuse you of bashing me. TIYLWTSBM. (I dare you - ask me what that means in net speak.)

:biggrin:

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Bijoux said:
ITA cop demands are way too much on these petite, small boned women. What they reward is the jumping most of all and it has ruined most of the best skaters of Michelle's generation and younger. I think Michelle has hip pain- they all do.

Can someone please explain to me how NJS (COP) is causing these injuries? Heck, Michelle has only skated in ONE competition under COP. It appears that in the context of this thread, tripple jumps are the injury concern. Can anyone please explain to me who is training more or differnt tripple jumps under NJS (COP) than they were under 6.0?

I feel sorry for these athletes that are dealing with injuries that are a risk of the sport, and I'm sure at some level, a fact of life for participating in the sport. But I truly fail to see a connection between tripple practice injuries under one judging system v. the other.

DG

R.D.

Record Breaker
Man, now that's two out. But Cohen somehow seems to be very vulnerable to these injuries. Very unfortunate for her. I hope both Cohen and Kwan can recover in time for their second events.

Doggygirl, I agree about the jumps. Tara, Yagudin, most of Plushenko's career, had nothing to do with the CoP. In fact, the CoP was intended to put jumps in their place and to emphasize a complete program (I dont think it has done that, however).

Possibly we will see more back strains as skaters try to do more Biellmans and intricate spins, as in Michelle's case (so it was rumored) last year.

I think the more justified criticism of the new Judging System is the one raised explicitely by Johnny Weir, and to a certain extent by Michelle last year. Skaters are so worried about adding up the points that they can't get into the groove aristically and emotionally.

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
millie said:
I can't figure skate, so we have to try the luge. We will call ourselves the "FUMPIES". But I think there will be a problem, I'm Canadian and I don't know if I will get my American citizenship before the Olympics-Oh darn--Can you guys help me out. We will ask Red Dog to be our manager and Mathman, our coach.Oh I forgot Joesitz will take care of our money.

On a serious note, hope the girls get better soon
Well, not having Kwan and Cohen available would be a National crisis so your citizenship will be rushed through :biggrin: .

Doggygirl said:
If I've said it once, I've said it twice. I am NOT a Frumpy Middleaged Lady. I am a Dirty Old Lady. This is the last time I'm going to ask you nice. Next time I'm going to accuse you of bashing me. TIYLWTSBM. (I dare you - ask me what that means in net speak.)

You Dirty Old Ladies and NonFans...always whining over what you're called. BTW if RD doesn't become OUR fan nothing will turn him.:biggrin:

I'll bite what does it mean?

OK Dirty Old Lady you get to wear Kat Witt's costume with the "skirt" made of a few feathers. I'm 5'8" do ya think Sasha wil let me wear that new R&J dress she wore for Campbell's......and then loan me a couple more to cover what the gold one doesn't? Millie since you're going to be our newest citizen you get Kwan's silver Vera Wang with the U.S.A. on it.:p