Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kurt IS signed with ABC Commentary

Kurt IS signed with ABC Commentary

according to http://www.kurtfiles.com

Kurt has signed on as an ABC commentator for several events this season, including Skate America, Nationals, and Worlds. Check the US Figure Skating Event Schedule for airdates and times.
    the webmaster went into much greater detail on the Kurt Files email group, but this sounds promising!!!!! I've wanted him to commentate more for sooooooo long!

I thought he did only so-so in his debut at Campbell's. But part of the problem was that the sound was so poor that I couldn't hear what he was saying half the time.

He seems to have a sly sense of humor that ought to be refreshing.

MM

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Goodie! I liked his commentary.

Custom Title
    That's great for Kurt. I wonder if he'll just be commentating for the men. I wish he'd replace Peggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I thought he did only so-so in his debut at Campbell's. But part of the problem was that the sound was so poor that I couldn't hear what he was saying half the time.

He seems to have a sly sense of humor that ought to be refreshing.

MM
    If Dick wouldn't try and be the only expert I think ALL commentators would sound better but that's just me lol

this is hardly his debut as a commentator... but it *might* be his debut on American networks??? I'm not sure... he might have commentated for NBC once upon a time.... but again I can't remember lol

Quote Originally Posted by bdreampixie
    That's great for Kurt. I wonder if he'll just be commentating for the men. I wish he'd replace Peggy
    I'd be happy if he replaced Peggy or Dick (or both!) I much prefer him to their commentary

Custom Title
    Any news on who'll be doing the commentary at the Olympics?

Custom Title

Listened his commentary in Campbell briefly. I like it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    ... this is hardly his debut as a commentator... but it *might* be his debut on American networks??? I'm not sure... he might have commentated for NBC once upon a time.... but again I can't remember lol:
    Kurt did commentary for NBC for the 1994 Worlds. He described Michelle Kwan as "kinda sexy looking"; since she was only 13 at the time, his comment was considered to be hugely inappropriate, and that ended his NBC gig.

Ice Angel
    I just feel that he spoke too fast. Skating commentating is different that other sports. You can not talk too fast in a relatively sharp voice. When three men all talking during the Campbell men skating, it just made me confused. Acturally most skating fans know about figure skating very well. We don't need too much talking.

Custom Title
    I love Kurt's commentating. He can be 'Nephew Kurt" to "Uncle Dickie." After all, they both sport the same hairdo.

Custom Title
    Kurt's always been a favorite among Americans, and I think he'll do a great job. Not only is he a fine looking man, he's got a good voice and he knows his stuff. Besides, Uncle Dick has been making some rather sexist comments for years and he still has the gig. Fair or unfair, like it or hate it, sex is a part of the sport.

Medalist

Welcome Kurt!

I'm excited about Kurt's commentary too.

My mom, for her part, is positively giddy over it.

I wonder if we'll still have Paul Wylie on the ESPN events. I'm a fan of both of them.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear that Kurt will be commentating but I will agree it's better than Scott, anything is better than Scott. I'm sorry I just can't take Kurt serious. He does all the goofy skates and that's how I think about him. I thought he was so nasal, I wanted to turn the volume down. I'm sorry that Paul W. wasn't commentating, I liked him. I think Kurt turned me off when he said that Johnny W. skated last year with more fire. I thought that something the one and only Uncle Dick would say----NOT YOU, KURT.

Dee
    Last edited by Dee4707; 10-19-2005 at 04:30 PM.

Banned

I like Dick's honesty

I wish they'd all really say what they really think! Dish the dirt! Enquiring minds want to know. Wylie was good, but I miss Scott's enthusiasm. Is he not working at all?

I am looking forward to Kurt's commentary this season. I loved that he said B&A needed more sex in their FD.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast