Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Men's Free Skate................For Real

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

Men's Free Skate................For Real

http://www.isufs.org/results/gpusa05/SEG002.HTM

Well It looks like Japan has a new golden boy

That is quite a decisive victory.

Custom Title
    What happened to Tim? He seems to be getting worse. Congrats to the medalists.
    Last edited by LBC; 10-21-2005 at 11:04 PM.

Custom Title
    The final results in men´s event:

http://www.isufs.org/results/gpusa05/CAT001RS.HTM

WOW, so great for Takahashi to win!!! And my another favourite skater, Lysacek, as second, yeah!!! I have to admit that I´m rather surprised (in very positive sense) concerning Takahashi. I had expected certain skaters to be help up by the judges... Will be looking forward to the clips, as I´m curious with Joubert´s freeskate judging though!

Takahashi´s next event seems to be NHK, where he among others will also meet Lysacek again:

http://www.sportcentric.com/vsite/vf...-0-file,00.pdf
    Last edited by Jaana; 10-22-2005 at 04:22 AM.

Custom Title
    Dennis Phan beat Goebel in the free? Tim is really struggling. I expected him to place higher.

I can't remember Dennis all that well. He had to withdraw from last years Nationals due to injury right? I vaguely remember him from 2002 and 2003 Nats and I think I was impressed enough to at least remember his name. I wish I had a televised program to help out my memory.

Tripping on the Podium
    It's interesting to note that Tim's PCS scores were higher than the 3 men above him. I really hope they show his skate on TV, but considering last week's TV ripoff, I can't expect anything. He must still be struggling on his jumps.

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar
    Yeah..............Acccording to the FSU pbp report, Tim singled alot of his jumps and fell on his quad

I feel so sorry for him

It's all about Plushenko.
    VDP
    If we see a healthy Klimkin this year, I will seriously pee myself.

Custom Woman
    Wow! Takahashi pummeled Joubert and Lysecek! Over a 20-point different between Takahashi and Joubert.

Maybe this Olympics the excitement really will be in the men's event.

Go Daisuke!

Rgirl

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olderbear
    It's interesting to note that Tim's PCS scores were higher than the 3 men above him. I really hope they show his skate on TV, but considering last week's TV ripoff, I can't expect anything. He must still be struggling on his jumps.
    He really struggled on his jumps. That is such a shame to me as IMO, he has really made some huge improvements in all the other areas.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    He really struggled on his jumps. That is such a shame to me as IMO, he has really made some huge improvements in all the other areas.

DG
    Costumes not being one of them :sheesh:
    http://usfsa.org/event_related_detai...nfree-pics.htm (He's the fourth picture down on the page)

Custom Title

Takahashi: olympic medalist?

Hey all, I just watced Takahashi, Tim, and Evan. I won't say much about Evan's program cause most people saw the cheesefest. I will say that he skated it much better. He landed both 3A's cleanly, but he's still leaning a lot on his outside edge when he lands.

Tim's PCS scores were higher than the 3 above him, and they deserved to be. I think his Bald Mountain program is AMAZING. I'm surprised at Tim's stamina. The choreography is difficult, interesting, and perfectly suited to the music. This program has so much potential. all Tim needs are the jumps to be there. I think he was supposed to have a spread eagle into 3A and then footwork into 3A. If he can land that: WOW!

Takahashi: unless this performance was a fluke, he is a major player this season. He has the best artistry of all the men. I prefer his style to Plushenko, Weir, Joubert, Lambiel, Klimkin, buttle, sandhu. Where did this guy come from?! He had a beautiful 3a-3t, but unfortunately missed his quad (slightly underrotated from what i can tell). He's an Olympic medal contender. He has a style that the western/eastern european and n. american judges love. His 20 point victory means something.
    Last edited by doug_log; 10-23-2005 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doug_log

Takahashi: unless this performance was a fluke, he is a major player this season. He has the best artistry of all the men. I prefer his style to Plushenko, Weir, Joubert, Lambiel, Klimkin, buttle, sandhu. Where did this guy come from?! He had a beautiful 3a-3t, but unfortunately missed his quad (slightly underrotated from what i can tell). He's an Olympic medal contender. He has a style that the western/eastern european and n. american judges love. His 20 point victory means something.
    Is Takahashi the skater who at worlds last year fell on nearly every attempted triple jump? He looked physically exhausted from about the half way point and huffed and puffed his way through the rest of the program. To give him his dues he went for every triple rather than popping to a double, of course he got double dinged for going down on a few underotated ones so a fall on a called double rather than the triple he tried. I remember the british eurosport commentators saying "whoever choreographed that program for him needs to be shot" on the basis that there was too much complex choreo or positions going into every jump without allowing him to build up speed or calm himself before the next jump! Glad to hear he doing better this season.

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgirl
    Wow! Takahashi pummeled Joubert and Lysecek! Over a 20-point different between Takahashi and Joubert.

Maybe this Olympics the excitement really will be in the men's event.

Go Daisuke!

Rgirl
    Actually it was bigger. Takahashi beat Lysacek by 24.8 points (that's almost 25 points!) and he beat Joubert by even more (around 30 points- I will have to check the numbers). He could have actually fallen on the quad and still won! Takahashi outskated the world bronze and the past world silver medallist, which is pretty amazing. The mens field is really deep this year, with Plushenko, Lambiel,Weir, Buttle, Joubert. Add Takahashi to the mix.

I really hope he can respond positively to the suddenly high expectations of him. The Japanese press is notorious for pressuring top Japanese skaters to the extent they cannot skate well anymore. Midori and Shizuka are good examples of this. I hope Daisuke has enough confidence in himself to handle the pressure.

Vash

Rinkside

Interesting Tidbit

I was speaking with a volunteer before the Men's medal ceremony who worked with the tech in setting up the music for the skaters.

Before the short program Takahashi's coach came over and asked them if they had the Japanese national anthem ready. She said he was skating very well and she felt he was going to win.

They assured her they had the anthem. She came back a second time and
    asked to hear it. The tech and volunteer thought she was a little overbearing until they saw the short program.

Maureen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast