Thread: USA participation in JGP Final

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

USA participation in JGP Final

Finally did some catching up. I never used to follow the JGP, but it's of more interest to me now with more info available on line, and of course looking forward to seeing these folks live at US Nationals. With all the qualifying events completed, here is a summary of the USA standings:

For those who also haven't followed JGP previously, 8 singles/teams qualify for finals in each category. 3 singles/teams are designated as alternates. As a legend for the summary "QX" indicates the qualifying placement. The number(s) after the names indicates the age of the people where an ISU profile was available.

Ladies - 89 ladies competed in JGP events.
    Q7 Christine Zukowski 16
    1st Alt Katy Taylor 16

Men - 102 Men competed in JGP events
    Q4 Stephen Carriere 16
    Q7 Geoffrey Varner 18
    Q8 Austin Kanallakan no profile

Pairs (ARE YOU SITTING DOWN?) 25 pairs competed in JGP events
    Q1 Miller / Brubaker 15 / 19
    Q2 Smith / Chitwood 14/20
    Q3 Moyle / Seitz no profile
    Q5 Butler / Jacobson 16/18
    Q7 Namiotka / Coughlin no profile
    Q8 Vlassov / Neekins 15/20

The two other qualifying pairs were RUS. The first 2 Alts are RUS and the 3rd is SWE

Dance 68 teams competed in JGP events
    Q4 Davis / White 18/18
    Q8 Pratt / Gilles 19/19

Full details can be found here: http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

Good luck to team USA in the finals which are in the Czeck Republic over Thanksgiving weekend. That info is for anyone else like me who has not typically followed JGP. WOW on the young USA pairs! Maybe there is hope after all if these kids can stay together long enough.

DG

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggygirl
    Pairs (ARE YOU SITTING DOWN?) 25 pairs competed in JGP events
    Q1 Miller / Brubaker 15 / 19
    Q2 Smith / Chitwood 14/20
    Q3 Moyle / Seitz no profile
    Q5 Butler / Jacobson 16/18
    Q7 Namiotka / Coughlin no profile
    Q8 Vlassov / Meekins 15/20
    Here's the link to a nice & detailed local Michigan article on the new U.S. Jr. pair team of Andy Seitz, age 19, and Kendra Moyle, 15, before they competed at the JGP in Japan last week:
    http://www.mlive.com/sports/aanews/i...260.xml&coll=2
    (BTW, Andy's younger sister & former pair partner is named Lindsey, not Tiffany as printed in the article.)

Bridget Namiotka is 15 & John Coughlin will turn 20 in December and, like Moyle & Seitz, this is their first season competing together -- here's the link to their Team C USFS bio:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athle...o.asp?id=30812

Austin Kanallakan (2005 U.S. novice men's champ) turned 14 in May and this is his first season on the JGP -- link to his USFS bio:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=30125

Hi Sylvia, thanks for providing the additional information. I'm really looking forward to following the Jr. / Nov. divisions more closely. I'm sure nothing of the JGP final will be televised here in the USA (but let me know if I'm wrong!!). I sure hope there is something available over the internet. Let me know if you hear of anything.

Thanks!!
    DG

Custom Title
    Amazing that 6 of the 8 qualifying Pair's teams are from the USA! Think maybe there's future afterall?

I thought Jordan Brauninger competed in the JGP? Didn't see his name anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by waxel
    Amazing that 6 of the 8 qualifying Pair's teams are from the USA! Think maybe there's future afterall?

I thought Jordan Brauninger competed in the JGP? Didn't see his name anywhere.
    He only competed in one JGP event - the second one, where he earned 4 points.

DG