Pic of Elvis in Can Karate Championships | Golden Skate

Pic of Elvis in Can Karate Championships

crazyaboutelvis

Rinkside
33leprechaun said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Elvis wins a gold in this upcoming martial arts championship, given his talent, celebrity status and ambition. But I sincerely hope he doesn't, and I'll be thrilled for anyone else that wins. Sorry, Elvis fans, he may be multi-talented, but the guy has a massive ego and a well-documented history of being rude and inconsiderate to other people - yelling at them to get off "his" ice, etc. - that he has NEVER apologized for. There's no excuse for that, no matter how successful you are. There's plenty of skaters that are "class acts" on and off the ice. Follow their careers and root for them instead.

Where did you hear this at?

chania36

On the Ice
I live in Canada and in the Ottawa region, and was there for those competitons for Elvis and all the time he was very very nice, since it was in my hometown, it was easy to go see him. Just about 10 minutes ride with my car. I never heard about him being other then nice with people. I suppose everybody sometimes have their days of impatience.

mike79

On the Ice
33leprechaun said:
FYI: Stojko failed to qualify for the final round of the men's weapons competition. :rofl: He finished 6th. Guess he can't keep up with the younger, better-looking guys in this sport as well. There was a big write-up about him in some Canadian mag, too - picture and all. Maybe they should write an article about the guy who finished first instead.

Gee, he's a world-class athlete in two sports. I guess he's a joke.

I'm sure that it must be great being perfect. I mean, I'm sure that you can compete with the 'younger, better-looking guys.'

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Elvis! I think it's pretty cool that he has achieved success in two sports that he loves. :clap: :party:

CDMM1991

Medalist
33leprechaun said:
Another 2nd place finish for Stojko! Another silver! :rofl:

Okay, well let us know the next time you get a silver medal in world competition, in two sports.

ElvisStojkofan

Rinkside
The judging

My impression from the article is that he was complaining to the fact that his teammate, Rich did a traditional style form of martial arts and follow the guidelines, but still wasn't awarded enough points to be on the podium.

crazyaboutelvis

Rinkside
33leprechaun said:
The gold medalist from Italy's name is Alessandro Aggio. I have no idea what he looks like, but just his name alone sounds appealing and romantic.:love:

I guess that throws your theroy out the window.That looks was the reason the other guy won.:rofl: