Takeshi Honda retirement | Golden Skate

Takeshi Honda retirement

camion

On the Ice
Hi. My mom just told me that Takeshi Honda will be retiring this year.:frown:
I wasn't too big of a fan of his, but it saddens me because I really wanted him to make a comeback. He is said he will go pro and become an instructor. Best of luck to him this yr. & all his endeavors!
Source- (sorry it's only in Japanese), for those of u who can read Jpn:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20051028-00000017-spn-spo

Is this true? He's competing at Skate Canada right this moment. It must mean that he plans to retire after this season.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I hope it isn't true. I have been a fan of Takeshi's since his spectacular SP at the 2002 Olympics. He has such a pleasing style and seems to be a genuine person. I wanted to see him get over all of these injuries and mental barriers and have at least one stellar season.

mige

Rinkside
I understood it would af the end of this season, not now. Luckily!
Will miss him, but I guess we are going to have to say goodbye to many skaters after the big O's... :(

herios

Medalist
Joesitz said:
I don't think he is the only veteran planning on retirement at the end of this season.

Joe

Honda's retirement is true. It was announced at Skate Canada this fall. And just seeing his result at NHK....I would say, time has come to go. he will not be able to keep up with Takahashi and Oda anyway.

His nationals will say the story, but we might not see him back to Oly's (only one spot).
Maybe only at 4CC.

Herios _ Joseph

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I agree. He has had a fine career but it has run its course IMO. Hopefully he will have strong performances in his swan song skates, since he wont be at the Olympics barring a miracle.