View Poll Results: Marshall's format - HIGH FIVE or HIJINX?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • HIGH FIVE!!! This is a great idea!

4 8.89%
  • HIJINX!! This is just plain silly!

26 57.78%
  • Will decide when I see it.

15 33.33%

Thread: Marshall's format - High Five, or Hijinx?

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

Marshall's format - High Five, or Hijinx?

Not sure if this will work - never posted a poll before.

So do you think the audience voting for the winners at Marshall's is a great idea, or just plain silly?

DG

Down With It
    Voted the third choice. It could possibly be a good idea (implanted at the wrong time?) but I'll wait until I see some results to determine what I think for sure.

I have gone back and forth on this, but I think I have come down on the side of...

This blows chunks.

After all my posts on this board defending the cheesfests as legitimate competitions, this is how they repay me?!

MM

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I have gone back and forth on this, but I think I have come down on the side of...

This blows chunks.

After all my posts on this board defending the cheesfests as legitimate competitions, this is how they repay me?!

MM

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    I don't see what the big fuss is for. It's the exhibition AFTER the competition. And there is one after EVERY competition. This exhibition just happens to have a small twist for the viewers this time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CzarinaAnya
    I don't see what the big fuss is for. It's the exhibition AFTER the competition. And there is one after EVERY competition. This exhibition just happens to have a small twist for the viewers this time.

Lowering it to the pathetic level of American Idol could not possibly help the sport. If they just want tacky cheese to try for ratings from the bottom of the gene pool, they might as well design something like the old roller derby, but on ice.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    I respect the sport of FS immensely. There's a time for serious sport, then there's the fun part after. An Exhibition is supposed to be more about fun than sport.

Custom Title
    The closest thing I could come to on the voting was "will decide when I see it". IMO, though, I think I will decide when I see the skaters, not at Marshall's, but at later big events. The problem (for me, at least) is not this format -- it would be great at the end of the season -- but the fact that they are having this "show" a week before Alissa (and possibly some others) are due at the GPF, and, that this is an Oly season, where the skaters have more important concerns.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu
    Lowering it to the pathetic level of American Idol could not possibly help the sport. If they just want tacky cheese to try for ratings from the bottom of the gene pool, they might as well design something like the old roller derby, but on ice.
    So tell us how you really feel...

Creative Compilation Compiler aka 3axel
    ...I.was wondering why all of a sudden they decided to have an "artistic" competition, with NO JUMP requirements. And then I realized that they may have softened the format to accomadate Michelle, who may not be ready to do a whole bunch of triples. Sasha hadn't returned yet when they made the announcement about the new format so it may have been for her as well. Surely they want Michelle to skate, and I'm sure she's willing and eager to perform for the USFSA and these sponsors, some of whom have endorsement deals with her.
    ...I'm not saying that Michelle won't try any jumps, but simply that she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. They say its to be two artistic skates, with no jump requirements, so thats what got me wondering.
    Does this make any sense to anyone else as a possible reason for this new format.

Much too insignifant as a competition, but it will be ok to watch the exhibitions.

Joe