Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Going to Sectionals?

In love with the axel!

My Coach

My coach and his partner seem to have had a good Mids. They are a very new team -- in fact, this is only their second competition together. From looking at their scores, it looks like things went well. I can't wait to hear the details when he gets back!

Their discipline and placement are not relevant to this post -- I'm just so bursting with pride for them that I had to post something!

Custom Title
    Hallelujah! Rohene Ward is going to Nationals...and with any luck at all....it will be on to Torino!

Sylvia - Do all top 3 places in every discipline automatically qualify for the Nationals.

Joe

It's all about Plushenko.
    Joe, the top 4 go to Nationals.

Thanks Nicole. I'll be going to Nats and hoping that Rohene skates clean and see what made Parker win. Hoping also to see Katy control the nerves. And, of course, see:

[CENTER]NAOMI NARI NAN[/CENTER]

Joe

Custom Title
    I'm so behind on figure skating news, but was totally thrilled to read this thread. US nationals is going to be soooooo exciting this year. Yeah Rohene! Congrats to all the rest too! Yippy hurray for NNN!!!!

I didn't see Amber Corwin's name on any Sectionals roster of winners. Actually, I didn' see her name under "withdrawn" either. What's up with that?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    I didn't see Amber Corwin's name on any Sectionals roster of winners. Actually, I didn' see her name under "withdrawn" either. What's up with that?
    She had an international bye to Nationals because she is scheduled to compete at Cup of Russia this week.

Oh, thanks. I wonder why she bothered to compete in Regionals (or had to).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Oh, thanks. I wonder why she bothered to compete in Regionals (or had to).
    Corwin was required to compete at SWP Regionals in Oct. because she didn't meet any of the criteria for a bye through Regionals.

Skaters/teams with a bye through Regionals & Sectionals due to placing top 5 in senior at 2005 Nationals:
    Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Kimmie Meissner, Bebe Liang; Johnny Weir, Tim Goebel, Evan Lysacek, Matt Savoie, Michael Weiss; Katie Orscher/Garrett Lucash; Rena Inoue/John Baldwin, Jr., Marcy Hinzmann/Aaron Parchem, Amanda Evora/Mark Ladwig; Tanith Belbin/Ben Agosto, Melissa Gregory/Denis Petukhov, Tiffany Stiegler/Sergey Magerovskiy, Morgan Matthews/Max Zavozin.

International competition bye (GP in France and/or Russia) through Sectionals: Emily Hughes, Amber Corwin, Brooke Castile/Ben Okolski, Brittany Vise/Nicholas Kole, Loren Galler-Rabinowitz/David Mitchell.

Bye through Sectionals due to qualifying for the GP Final: Alissa Czisny

Bye through Sectionals due to qualifying for the JGP Final: Christine Zukowski (senior at '06 Nationals), Stephen Carriere, Geoffry Varner, Austin Kanallakan; Mariel Miller/Rockne Brubaker (sr.), Kendra Moyle/Andy Seitz, Aaryn Smith/Will Chitwood, Bianca Butler/Joseph Jacobsen, Bridget Namiotka/John Coughlin, Julia Vlassov/Drew Meekins; Trina Pratt/Todd Gilles (sr.), Meryl Davis/Charlie White.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3