Going to Sectionals? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Going to Sectionals?

dr.frog

On the Ice
Brauninger has been injured, but I have not heard any word about an official withdrawal. It'll be obvious soon enough if he's not competing.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
waxel said:
Mens competition at Mids is going to be a bloodbath. With Ryan Bradley, Rohene Ward, Ryan Jahnke, Parker Pennington, Braden Overett and Jordan Brauninger all skating... and only four slots... who's not going to Nats???

I'd really love to see Ryan Bradley and Rohene Ward get to Nats. I can't stand Jahnke and I don't think I've ever seen any of the others skate.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Since we're not supposed to post spoilers (although I really don't think it applies in this thread since sectionals won't be broadcast on TV) please check out this Golden Skate link to see the top 3 senior men at Sectionals AND to see who landed his QUAD!!! Timmy should be very afraid for that 3rd Nationals slot right about now.....

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10986

Zanzibar said:
Since we're not supposed to post spoilers (although I really don't think it applies in this thread since sectionals won't be broadcast on TV) please check out this Golden Skate link to see the top 3 senior men at Sectionals AND to see who landed his QUAD!!! Timmy should be very afraid for that 3rd Nationals slot right about now.....

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10986
After seeing him at Middle Atlantics, I thought this guy could win the Olys.

Joe

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Anyone going to Pac Coast Sectional? Looks like NNN and her pairs partner are in first after the short. Reviews? All I've seen so far is that it was supposed to have been a great program. I'd love to see NNN have success in pairs.

tharrtell said:
Anyone going to Pac Coast Sectional? Looks like NNN and her pairs partner are in first after the short. Reviews? All I've seen so far is that it was supposed to have been a great program. I'd love to see NNN have success in pairs.
I hope some poster who is at the Pac Coast Sectional will be giving some reports and putting those reports in the Event Section.

Joe

sk8er1964

On the Ice
My Coach

My coach and his partner seem to have had a good Mids. They are a very new team -- in fact, this is only their second competition together. From looking at their scores, it looks like things went well. I can't wait to hear the details when he gets back!

Their discipline and placement are not relevant to this post -- I'm just so bursting with pride for them that I had to post something! :biggrin:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Hallelujah! Rohene Ward is going to Nationals...and with any luck at all....it will be on to Torino!

Thanks Nicole. I'll be going to Nats and hoping that Rohene skates clean and see what made Parker win. Hoping also to see Katy control the nerves. And, of course, see:

NAOMI NARI NAN

Joe

emma

Record Breaker
I'm so behind on figure skating news, but was totally thrilled to read this thread. US nationals is going to be soooooo exciting this year. Yeah Rohene! Congrats to all the rest too! Yippy hurray for NNN!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I didn't see Amber Corwin's name on any Sectionals roster of winners. Actually, I didn' see her name under "withdrawn" either. What's up with that?

ElFuego

Rinkside
RealtorGal said:
I didn't see Amber Corwin's name on any Sectionals roster of winners. Actually, I didn' see her name under "withdrawn" either. What's up with that?

She had an international bye to Nationals because she is scheduled to compete at Cup of Russia this week.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Oh, thanks. I wonder why she bothered to compete in Regionals (or had to).
Corwin was required to compete at SWP Regionals in Oct. because she didn't meet any of the criteria for a bye through Regionals.

Skaters/teams with a bye through Regionals & Sectionals due to placing top 5 in senior at 2005 Nationals:
Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Kimmie Meissner, Bebe Liang; Johnny Weir, Tim Goebel, Evan Lysacek, Matt Savoie, Michael Weiss; Katie Orscher/Garrett Lucash; Rena Inoue/John Baldwin, Jr., Marcy Hinzmann/Aaron Parchem, Amanda Evora/Mark Ladwig; Tanith Belbin/Ben Agosto, Melissa Gregory/Denis Petukhov, Tiffany Stiegler/Sergey Magerovskiy, Morgan Matthews/Max Zavozin.

International competition bye (GP in France and/or Russia) through Sectionals: Emily Hughes, Amber Corwin, Brooke Castile/Ben Okolski, Brittany Vise/Nicholas Kole, Loren Galler-Rabinowitz/David Mitchell.

Bye through Sectionals due to qualifying for the GP Final: Alissa Czisny

Bye through Sectionals due to qualifying for the JGP Final: Christine Zukowski (senior at '06 Nationals), Stephen Carriere, Geoffry Varner, Austin Kanallakan; Mariel Miller/Rockne Brubaker (sr.), Kendra Moyle/Andy Seitz, Aaryn Smith/Will Chitwood, Bianca Butler/Joseph Jacobsen, Bridget Namiotka/John Coughlin, Julia Vlassov/Drew Meekins; Trina Pratt/Todd Gilles (sr.), Meryl Davis/Charlie White.