Jennifer Don news | Golden Skate

Jennifer Don news

icy fresh

On the Ice
Wow! Good for her. I didn't realize that she is a citizen of Tawain! Does anyone know if Tawain has any Olympic ladies berths? If they did, that would be awesome for her to win one. Good luck Jenny!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
No, I think she needed to place high enough in Vienna to go to Olympics from Taiwan.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
So she no longer skates for the U.S.? What happened to her pairs career/partner?

jesslily

Final Flight
She definitely will place high. Figure skating is not very popular there like in US and almost no skater really born there has ever made to international scene. There is another Chinese girl from Maryland area represented Taiwan at Grant Prix before, and placed very low.

soogar

Record Breaker
I'm glad that Jennifer has decided to go back to singles skating. Her smile lights up an arena and it seemed (to me) that her partner was getting in the way [of my enjoying her]. I just wish she had done this earlier so she could go to the Olympics this year.

sk8addict

On the Ice
Jonathan Hunt

RealtorGal said:
So she no longer skates for the U.S.? What happened to her pairs career/partner?
Jonathan had to have another surgery right after2005 US Nationals. Second year in a row to be off the ice for most of the off season.. Jen had no idea he would be breaking their partnership. She is looking for a new partner.
Since Jonathan was unable to train for 2 off seasons she kept up her singles skating. She only withdrew from singles at 2005 Nationals because they scheduled the pairs last practice at the same time as the ladies short program. She was & is a dedicated pairs partner. That is where she is most happy. She likes to fly! I can't believe no man has stepped up. I told her she should look to Canada & Russia for anew partner. Look how well Annabell Langois is doing after just 6 months with her new young guy!

sk8addict

On the Ice
Competitions

childfreegirl said:
If not, there's at least the possibility of World's.
Saw today the Jen will not be able to represent Chinese Taipee internationally until next season because of residency requirements by the ISU. She has been cleared by usfsa to compete & accepted by the Taiwanese Association. So she could compete in their National Championships.

sk8addict

On the Ice
Jenny

Mathman said:
Well, here's the front page story from the Chinese Taipei Figure Skating web site. It has a big picture of Jennifer, but I don't know what it says about her.

Can anyone help with a translation? MZheng?

http://www.figureskating.com.tw/news/051004_jenniferdon.htm

MM :)
Yes, I saw a picture of Jen under NEWS at that site today as well. Can't figure out how to get my computer to translate to English from Chinese either.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jennifer at Chinese Taipei Nationals...

The following exerpted information was from a Cninese poster at FSU...

She skated to the music "Journey of Man. Began with excellent straight-line footwork. Then, everything went wrong---she fell twice, did a lot of doubles and no jump combination. She didn't attempt any jump harder than 3salchow. The only one triple she successfully landed in her LP was 3toe. Gee, She was beaten by Shirley Tsai, who placed 24th in 2005 4CC.

To see the entire post go here!

:cry:

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
thanks

visaliakid said:
The following exerpted information was from a Cninese poster at FSU...

She skated to the music "Journey of Man. Began with excellent straight-line footwork. Then, everything went wrong---she fell twice, did a lot of doubles and no jump combination. She didn't attempt any jump harder than 3salchow. The only one triple she successfully landed in her LP was 3toe. Gee, She was beaten by Shirley Tsai, who placed 24th in 2005 4CC.

To see the entire post go here!

:cry:
Thank you so much for the info. How sad I am for Jennifer. How can we get some really talented YOUNG pair partner for her? I keep watch on Partner search,com