Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spoiler Reminder

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds

Spoiler Reminder

Just a friendly reminder from the mod squad that you are NOT to post spoilers anywhere but in the appropriate thread for that competition/event. There are people here who would rather remain unspoiled for events so please be careful about posting spoilers in the wrong forums. Thanks a bunch everyone!!!

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

My deep apologies...

I am the guilty party of putting some spoilers in the Edge, and I really DO try to NEVER do that. Geez - emotions of the season are already taking hold for me, and it's barely begun. I truly didn't mean to.

I really hope I didn't ruin any viewing for others. I fully realize that is precisely why the "no spoiler" rule exists. I will do my best to not spoil anything for anyone in the future.

Best Regards,
    Doggygirl

Down With It
    Thanks very much for putting this up here...I've seen about five spoiler messages here in the past week or so, and I thought it was kind of getting out of hand. I really am on the side of no spoilers because it's happened to me before while I was going unspoiled for an event. Needless to say that made me very

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    We are doing the best that we can but we definitely could use some help from you guys to keep The Edge spoiler free, as the majority of people here want it to be. We have those event forums for a reason and of course, after an event airs, its fair game in The Edge too. So after today, you guys will have TWO whole GP events to chat about there! Woo hoo!!!

Doggygirl-Don't worry about it. It was a surprise for me to see that the other day because I know you are one who is good about that. Hang in there!!

There are at least two posts with references to the GPF result in the "Should an exception be made for Mao?" thread, FYI. The GPF hasn't aired yet, has it?

In the void
    Quote Originally Posted by guinevere
    There are at least two posts with references to the GPF result in the "Should an exception be made for Mao?" thread, FYI. The GPF hasn't aired yet, has it?
    Depends on where you are I would say......

Down With It
    That's the one weird thing about this rule, I must say. Who's to say when results can be posted here? After it airs in the US? Canada? After all, some networks show the competiton before others- depends on what country you're in.

To answer the question, no, the GPF has not aired in America. I believe it will be on Christmas day.

I always assumed the rule applied to American TV, simply because it has to apply somehow, and there's probably no easier or better way to do it. This assumption could be wrong.

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

Question For Mods!

I'm pretty sure the Japan Nationals will not be aired in the US. Not sure about other countries. Is a discussion of results - in particular some score sheet analysis - considered a "spoiler" in The Edge at this time?

Thanks,
    DG

I think it's OK. Go Fumie!

Custom Title

What's a "Spoiler"?

Please pardon my non-understanding.

I've read that word so many times, but I fail to understand the meaning.

Please advise, and thanks. shdotz

Spoiler is revealing results of a competition before it is aired on a National network.

Custom Title

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    Spoiler is revealing results of a competition before it is aired on a National network.

Thanks; sorry to hear that there are no spoilers on this forum.

One can always look elsewhere to learn of the scores.

I think the Forum is missing a lot of business because of this rule. But, I'm also sure they have their reasons.

So, that's the way it will be.

shdotz

Custom Title
    The spoiler reminder applies only to the Edge section of the Arena. The results are discussed in much details under the 2005-2006 season. Most major events have individual sections devoted to them. Lesser events are gouped under Various International Events. You can post as much as you want. Also, there are a lot of fantastic first hand reports from people who are attending this event.

Goldenskate rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by shdotz

Thanks; sorry to hear that there are no spoilers on this forum.

One can always look elsewhere to learn of the scores.

I think the Forum is missing a lot of business because of this rule. But, I'm also sure they have their reasons.

So, that's the way it will be.

shdotz
    How is it that because "The Edge" doesn't allow spoilers that people will leave when we have individual boards for each event that hasn't been shown on TV yet? Just scroll down to the event you want and spoil away. :sheesh:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast