Spoiler Reminder | Golden Skate

Spoiler Reminder

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Just a friendly reminder from the mod squad that you are NOT to post spoilers anywhere but in the appropriate thread for that competition/event. There are people here who would rather remain unspoiled for events so please be careful about posting spoilers in the wrong forums. Thanks a bunch everyone!!! :rock:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
My deep apologies...

I am the guilty party of putting some spoilers in the Edge, and I really DO try to NEVER do that. Geez - emotions of the season are already taking hold for me, and it's barely begun. I truly didn't mean to.

I really hope I didn't ruin any viewing for others. I fully realize that is precisely why the "no spoiler" rule exists. I will do my best to not spoil anything for anyone in the future.

Best Regards,
Doggygirl

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks very much for putting this up here...I've seen about five spoiler messages here in the past week or so, and I thought it was kind of getting out of hand. I really am on the side of no spoilers because it's happened to me before while I was going unspoiled for an event. Needless to say that made me very :mad::mad::mad:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
We are doing the best that we can but we definitely could use some help from you guys to keep The Edge spoiler free, as the majority of people here want it to be. We have those event forums for a reason and of course, after an event airs, its fair game in The Edge too. So after today, you guys will have TWO whole GP events to chat about there! Woo hoo!!! :clap:

Doggygirl-Don't worry about it. It was a surprise for me to see that the other day because I know you are one who is good about that. Hang in there!! :agree:

guinevere

Final Flight
There are at least two posts with references to the GPF result in the "Should an exception be made for Mao?" thread, FYI. The GPF hasn't aired yet, has it?

tdnuva

On the Ice
guinevere said:
There are at least two posts with references to the GPF result in the "Should an exception be made for Mao?" thread, FYI. The GPF hasn't aired yet, has it?
Depends on where you are I would say......

R.D.

Record Breaker
That's the one weird thing about this rule, I must say. Who's to say when results can be posted here? After it airs in the US? Canada? After all, some networks show the competiton before others- depends on what country you're in.

Spirit

On the Ice
To answer the question, no, the GPF has not aired in America. I believe it will be on Christmas day.

I always assumed the rule applied to American TV, simply because it has to apply somehow, and there's probably no easier or better way to do it. This assumption could be wrong.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Question For Mods!

I'm pretty sure the Japan Nationals will not be aired in the US. Not sure about other countries. Is a discussion of results - in particular some score sheet analysis - considered a "spoiler" in The Edge at this time?

Thanks,
DG

shdotz

On the Ice
What's a "Spoiler"?

Please pardon my non-understanding.

I've read that word so many times, but I fail to understand the meaning.

Please advise, and thanks. shdotz:)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Spoiler is revealing results of a competition before it is aired on a National network.

shdotz

On the Ice
Spoiler

Ptichka said:
Spoiler is revealing results of a competition before it is aired on a National network.

Thanks; sorry to hear that there are no spoilers on this forum.

One can always look elsewhere to learn of the scores.

I think the Forum is missing a lot of business because of this rule. But, I'm also sure they have their reasons.

So, that's the way it will be.

shdotz

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
The spoiler reminder applies only to the Edge section of the Arena. The results are discussed in much details under the 2005-2006 season. Most major events have individual sections devoted to them. Lesser events are gouped under Various International Events. You can post as much as you want. Also, there are a lot of fantastic first hand reports from people who are attending this event.

Goldenskate rocks!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
shdotz said:

Thanks; sorry to hear that there are no spoilers on this forum.

One can always look elsewhere to learn of the scores.

I think the Forum is missing a lot of business because of this rule. But, I'm also sure they have their reasons.

So, that's the way it will be.

shdotz

How is it that because "The Edge" doesn't allow spoilers that people will leave when we have individual boards for each event that hasn't been shown on TV yet? Just scroll down to the event you want and spoil away. :sheesh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I agree...especially with the Olympics now that they won't be broadcast live (in the US at least).

shdotz

On the Ice
Slight misunderstanding?

Tonichelle said:
How is it that because "The Edge" doesn't allow spoilers that people will leave when we have individual boards for each event that hasn't been shown on TV yet? Just scroll down to the event you want and spoil away. :sheesh:

I've been doing the Edge off and on for some years now.

I'm NOT going to "leave" just because they don't allow spoilers; I'll just look elsewhere for them.

My intent was that it would be so easy to log on here - AND, that others - knowing that, might also become members and enjoy this informative site.

I meant no harm. It just means that we'll have to look elsewhere for the information we would like to know.

I hope this clarifies my intent.

Blessings, sh:)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
But they can do all of that! It's just not in the Edge folder. If you want spoilers, look under the current season folder. No need to leave Golden Skate.

I usually log onto new posts feature and this way I can see all new posts - with or w/o spoilers.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
shdotz said:

I've been doing the Edge off and on for some years now.

I'm NOT going to "leave" just because they don't allow spoilers; I'll just look elsewhere for them.

My intent was that it would be so easy to log on here - AND, that others - knowing that, might also become members and enjoy this informative site.

I meant no harm. It just means that we'll have to look elsewhere for the information we would like to know.

I hope this clarifies my intent.

Blessings, sh:)

as STL fan said "the edge" is not the only board on golden skate forumS that's why there's an "s"

go to http://www.goldenskate.com/forum then scroll down and there is a whole section for spoilers:indiff:

shdotz

On the Ice
Spoilers

Tonichelle said:
as STL fan said "the edge" is not the only board on golden skate forumS that's why there's an "s"

go to http://www.goldenskate.com/forum then scroll down and there is a whole section for spoilers:indiff:

Thanks very much for leading me to the Edge's Spoilers.

Now I know I can come here to check on skaters, et al,

Blessings, sh:agree: