Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spoiler Reminder

Down With It
    I agree...especially with the Olympics now that they won't be broadcast live (in the US at least).

Custom Title

Slight misunderstanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    How is it that because "The Edge" doesn't allow spoilers that people will leave when we have individual boards for each event that hasn't been shown on TV yet? Just scroll down to the event you want and spoil away. :sheesh:

I've been doing the Edge off and on for some years now.

I'm NOT going to "leave" just because they don't allow spoilers; I'll just look elsewhere for them.

My intent was that it would be so easy to log on here - AND, that others - knowing that, might also become members and enjoy this informative site.

I meant no harm. It just means that we'll have to look elsewhere for the information we would like to know.

I hope this clarifies my intent.

Blessings, sh

Custom Title
    But they can do all of that! It's just not in the Edge folder. If you want spoilers, look under the current season folder. No need to leave Golden Skate.

I usually log onto new posts feature and this way I can see all new posts - with or w/o spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by shdotz

I've been doing the Edge off and on for some years now.

I'm NOT going to "leave" just because they don't allow spoilers; I'll just look elsewhere for them.

My intent was that it would be so easy to log on here - AND, that others - knowing that, might also become members and enjoy this informative site.

I meant no harm. It just means that we'll have to look elsewhere for the information we would like to know.

I hope this clarifies my intent.

Blessings, sh
    as STL fan said "the edge" is not the only board on golden skate forumS that's why there's an "s"

go to http://www.goldenskate.com/forum then scroll down and there is a whole section for spoilers:indiff:

Custom Title

Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    as STL fan said "the edge" is not the only board on golden skate forumS that's why there's an "s"

go to http://www.goldenskate.com/forum then scroll down and there is a whole section for spoilers:indiff:

Thanks very much for leading me to the Edge's Spoilers.

Now I know I can come here to check on skaters, et al,

Blessings, sh

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    That's fine.

This is the first time I post in here. I thought the title topic explained the policy on Spoilers. They are not to be even hinted at in The Edge. There is a whole section on the Olympics in that appropriate section for discussing results of the disciplines. Check it out if you didn't know of the many other sections on GS.

The question of ending the Spoiler rule so that The Edge can be used (although I don't see why it cannot continue on its appropriate section) is a moot question. If you are a fan and do not want to know the results before you see it on TV you have a lot to avoid outside Golden Skate. I heard the results in full on Public Radio as soon as the competition was finished. Who knew PBS would expose the results? You have to make an effort to avoid ALL sources of possible disclosures.

If you have taped the TV version of the competition for viewing at a time convenient for you, I think that is a bit much for holding the spoilers.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2