Ladies Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LBC said:
According to the protocols she made mistakes on her 3 loop and 2 axel.
http://www.isufs.org/results/gpchn05/GPCHN05_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

I haven't seen it so I can't comment on what it was but all the judges took off on the 3 loop so I think that was a definite mistake.

She came off of a gorgeous 3F/2T-ano, then next came the 3 turns into the 3R. She completed all the rotations (best I could tell from the angle, and the tech caller apparently thought so too) but pitched forward an slowed down on the landing - like she was just slightly off balance. Later, the 2A just look like an even more minor wonky landing.

I really like the rest of the program - IMO a huge improvement since the debut at Japan International.

Arakawa's program is looking better each time as well. She is such a beautiful young woman and such a smooth skater. She was skating more tentatively than Irina IMO though. But I think this program has potential if she can max the jumps and element levels. Anyone else but me like her in the short hair cut she had at World's? She is pretty no matter what, but I think the cut at World's sort of softened her look, which I liked.

2 cents...

DG

gracefulswan

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
I am sorry but I dont think you can read anything into the Campbells scoring. It is clear that all the skaters received scores higher there than they would elsewhere. For example Rochette scored only 2 points lower than she did for her Skate Canada free skate, but her Skate Canada free skate was MUCH MUCH better than her Campbells skate. Meissner would need her triple axel to have any hope of scoring a 109 as she did at Campbells, a jump she did not do at Campbells. Sasha's 122 is very believable, however breaking down her scores she received very positive GOE for her jumps; Sasha will not be getting her scores from high GOE of jumps, but from everything else, her jumps are not that technicaly high quality, and watching her performance were not in Campbell's either, so she received that 122 with higher GOE of jumps than she will get elsewhere. I believe Irina's 125 in reality is much higher than Sasha's Campbell's 122.

and how do you know? sasha hasn't even competed in the grand prix events yet and you think irina's 125 is in reality much higher?? how would we know what scores irina would have gotten for a similar program at campbells? for all we know it could have been less. and didn't irina score 115 for her long program at the japan cheesefest? and she did have 6 triples too. both made mistakes. it's also possible that sasha will have made some adjustments to her long (hopefully). after all, she scored 122+ points w/o even getting any jump combinations! oh, just a badly fubbed 3/2/2... and irina got all her 3 different types of jump combos in, no? plus, sasha was the first ladies competitor of the season..and the first one in her group to skate...and who's to say she wouldn't have gotten some 8s if she had been towards the end?

let's put it more in prospective after TEB... and see if she at least can 'compete' against irina.. after irina's long at COC, i'm more encouraged to note that sasha does indeed have a chance of beating irina now... maybe a long shot to some folks, but a solid chance. obviously the judges have inflated their scores in COC way more than at SA...what with irina getting 70+ points in her short and the second place finisher 62+ in her short...which was even more than sasha's short at 2005 worlds. so, my bet is that sasha would have 'probably' scored more than that had she competed in COC.:frown2:

gracefulswan

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Oh, not so, Millie. After the short program, I thought so, too. But the free skate -- 125 points -- that is something the other girls can shoot at. Sasha got 124.61 at Worlds, for instance.

MM

i agree. the free skate score is well within range for sasha who can even surpass that easily with some adjustments.

I'm not surprised at the judges' scores for Irina. In fact I'm not even anxious to see her skate because I don't think it will be any different than what I saw in Moscow. I do want to see Mao since I've never seen her - not to compare with Irina but to see how I like in terms of being special. (One doesn't have to win to be special for me). I probably won't see Yan Liu which will disappoint me.

On to Paris - How is Sasha's back holding up - anyone know?

Joe

Lucy25

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
I'm not surprised at the judges' scores for Irina. In fact I'm not even anxious to see her skate because I don't think it will be any different than what I saw in Moscow. I do want to see Mao since I've never seen her - not to compare with Irina but to see how I like in terms of being special. (One doesn't have to win to be special for me). I probably won't see Yan Liu which will disappoint me.

Joe
I completely agree with your opinion about seeing Irina's program. Can't really say why, but I am just not interested. I am interested in seeing Mao's programs, but when she starts doing a 3 toe and a 3 sal in her programs, I'll be more excited about her.

About Sasha, a couple of weeks ago a poster on her forum (who skates at Sasha's rink and always has tidbits to share) mentioned that Sasha was showing no signs of an injury and was doing full run-throughs.

R.D.

Record Breaker
About Sasha, a couple of weeks ago a poster on her forum (who skates at Sasha's rink and always has tidbits to share) mentioned that Sasha was showing no signs of an injury and was doing full run-throughs.

So does this mean she's going to TEB? Team Cohen has made no mention of it thus far.

gracefulswan said:
i believe that it was stated on the broadcast of SC today that sasha's next comp. will be TEB.
But IIRC they were careful to say her next scheduled competition.

R.D.

Record Breaker
gracefulswan said:
i believe that it was stated on the broadcast of SC today that sasha's next comp. will be TEB.

Yeah, but I don't take that to mean she's going. After all, last year they said MK would be at SA when she wasn't.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:

Joe

Hi Joe. I watched the COC programs via the internet coverage. IMO Irina's LP was a little short of Moscow. A good showing for this time in the season, but Irina really had a special "zing" in the Moscow LP that IMO wasn't quite there for COC. However I thought her SP DID pack a very special "zing" at COC.

I downloaded her last year's SP from GPF (that was the one where she got her personal best score) and watched that, and her COC SP back to back. I like this year's SP much better - especially if she continues to skate it like she did at COC. Of course I have no idea what these programs look like live in the arena compared to TV/internet - so..... what do I know? :)

IMO Mao is a fresh face of the future for Ladies FS. It was fun to watch her because she is so darn cute, and just has this exhuberance of being a kid, which she is. I'm looking forward to watching her further development.

DG

emma

Record Breaker
I'll just say that I couldn't agree more with Doggygirl....and just add that is is really worth downloading Irina's short from this Cup of China...

Doggygirl said:
IMO Mao is a fresh face of the future for Ladies FS. It was fun to watch her because she is so darn cute, and just has this exhuberance of being a kid, which she is. I'm looking forward to watching her further development.DG
Hi Doggygirl - Judges do love little shirley temple types at the Olys. (Anyone over 20 for some judges is an old bag :boohoo: ) Too bad Mao can't make the Olys. She'd fit right in the right age type.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Hi Doggygirl - Judges do love little shirley temple types at the Olys. (Anyone over 20 for some judges is an old bag :boohoo: ) .

Joe

So I guess that means I'm a Double Bagger + Some. :)

ATW27

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Hi Doggygirl - Judges do love little shirley temple types at the Olys. (Anyone over 20 for some judges is an old bag :boohoo: )
Joe

I understand what you're saying, Joe, but would you really consider Sarah Hughes a "little Shirley Temple type"? Apart from her age in SLC?

Andy W/

ATW27 said:
I understand what you're saying, Joe, but would you really consider Sarah Hughes a "little Shirley Temple type"? Apart from her age in SLC?Andy W/
You're correct, ATW, Sarah does not fit the profile except for the age.

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doggygirl said:
So I guess that means I'm a Double Bagger + Some. :)
DG, you just crack me up. :laugh: :laugh: I don't think I can even remember 20 something. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee