Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Where's Joesitz?

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI
    But I don't remember that she was a baton twirler. Was it AxelAnnie who used to be a baton twirler?
    I just went back and looked at About.com's old figure skating archives. For some reason, whoever this woman was, her name is now listed in there merely as "Guest." I distinctly recall that she had a legitimate handle at one time. If you click HERE, you'll see this woman engaged in a heated argument with both me and Wofice over something or other about Sarah's attitude from January of 2001. If you read every post in the thread, you'll find that even YOU eventually get in on the discussion, Doris. If you haven't been there in awhile, it might prompt you to log in first...remember your old password?[/CENTER]

Welcome back, Joesitz! Glad you made it to SA & SC. Hope everything else works out for you OK.

average opinionated skate fan
    Idle, on many skating boards, if a member is suspended, they just change the name of the account by default to "guest" rather than going through and have a really funky string of messages with no continuity. If you notice in some of the post her name was Sue5745 or someting like that. Who cares, anyone that is that bent out of shape out of the comments of a 15 year old needs to seek therapy. I'm just glad her baton has rubber tips!

AA's initials are DH and that is also her last name. She has nothing nice to say about Kwan now. Wolfie has also mellowed on Hughes and is totally anti Kwan. My how things change. I have to add though that IMO AA is not as unreasonable as W and could be very nice at times.

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8m8
    If you notice in some of the post her name was Sue5745 or someting like that.
    Yup. Now I remember it was Sue something or other. Not that I particularly miss her, but I'd still be curious to know if she wound up going completely psycho after Sarah won the gold, and for the last three and a half years has been sitting straight-jacketed in a rubber room somewhere.[/CENTER]

Custom Title

Acerbic

Yeah, I remember the baton twirling... she was one of the more acerbic posters. It seemed rather incongruent. I always think of twillers as perky! Guess her one contribution was to totally blow up yet another stereotype.
    Linny

Custom Title
    Welcome back to you. We did all miss your input in the board.

Welcome back Joe........don't scare us again like that.........

As for the "good ole days" at about.com. Wofice and Annie sure kept things lively there, and here later on before they turned to the "dark side" of posting. At least Pauline (Wofice) was upfront about her dislike of Michelle. AA always prefaced her posts with....."This isn't about Michelle, but". It used to drive me crazy, because her whole intent was to take a jab at Michelle........... 42

Quote Originally Posted by show 42
    Welcome back Joe........don't scare us again like that.........

As for the "good ole days" at about.com. Wofice and Annie sure kept things lively there, and here later on before they turned to the "dark side" of posting. At least Pauline (Wofice) was upfront about her dislike of Michelle. AA always prefaced her posts with....."This isn't about Michelle, but". It used to drive me crazy, because her whole intent was to take a jab at Michelle........... 42
    Hi Show - What got me about those two who btw, appear in GS with other names from time to time, was that they were more interested in Kwan's defeat than anyone they wanted to win. It was Irina for a while then they switched to Sasha. Well, you were here for Sarah.

Neither of them were banned. there was no reason for it. It would be interesting to read whether it is Sasha over Irina or vice versa. Can you imagine if it is Alissa?

Those were the days.

Joe

It would be interesting to read whether it is Sasha over Irina or vice versa. Can you imagine if it is Alissa?
    They both fall into the "anyone but Kwan" category. Of course it is Kwan's fault for being arrogant, allowing her fans to verbally attack Sasha, and not coming forward to clear Sasha's name after the bumping incident that did or did not happen.

Custom Title
    WELCOME BACK!!!! YOU HAVE GIVEN SO MUCH TO THIS FORUM

Custom Title
    Chiming in to add that I'm happy to see you back at GS, Joe.

I'm also glad you were able to attend SA and SC. My own SA attandance plans were somewhat derailed due to my mother being ill. We were only able to attend the ladies' short and part of the exhibition.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3