Where's Joesitz? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Where's Joesitz?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
She was a baton twirler? The mental picture of this is not good at all! I wonder how many batons just happened to slip out of her hand and konk her competition?

IDLERACER

Medalist
RealtorGal said:
Are you talking about that total nut job who thought she was the oracle of all things figure skating, whose name began with a "P"...?
No, I'm not talking about Wofice. There was some other woman back in the About.com days who used to refer to Sarah Hughes as "Sloopy Sarah." I can't think of her handle at the moment, but she also used to talk alot about how she was a champion drum majorette in her younger years.

JaeJ

Rinkside
Welcome back! While this may be my first post, I've lurked here off and on for several years, and I love you and Mathman! Have yet to disagree with either of you ...

I haven't watched a figure skating event for the last couple years, and so am really looking forward to catching up this season, and to your commentaries.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
But I don't remember that she was a baton twirler.

Was it AxelAnnie who used to be a baton twirler?

sk8m8

Final Flight
I'm sure that whomever is the baton twirler is spinning somewhere anyway.

Back to the point, can we make a new game out of this....Where's Jositz's, a great new game where Jositz hides somewhere on the board until we find him in an obscure post without using the search tools...Or Where In the World Is Jositz Goldenskater...where Joe travels around to secret ice rinks in the world and we have to guess where he is from clues he leaves on the board...winner gets and all expense paid vacation to the GPF with Joesitz as he launches his new reality show...You Don't Know JOE! :laugh:

welcome back Joe, you'll always be our "Survivor" :p

IDLERACER

Medalist
DORISPULASKI said:
But I don't remember that she was a baton twirler. Was it AxelAnnie who used to be a baton twirler?
I just went back and looked at About.com's old figure skating archives. For some reason, whoever this woman was, her name is now listed in there merely as "Guest." I distinctly recall that she had a legitimate handle at one time. If you click HERE, you'll see this woman engaged in a heated argument with both me and Wofice over something or other about Sarah's attitude from January of 2001. If you read every post in the thread, you'll find that even YOU eventually get in on the discussion, Doris. If you haven't been there in awhile, it might prompt you to log in first...remember your old password?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome back, Joesitz! Glad you made it to SA & SC. Hope everything else works out for you OK.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Idle, on many skating boards, if a member is suspended, they just change the name of the account by default to "guest" rather than going through and have a really funky string of messages with no continuity. If you notice in some of the post her name was Sue5745 or someting like that. Who cares, anyone that is that bent out of shape out of the comments of a 15 year old needs to seek therapy. I'm just glad her baton has rubber tips!:agree:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
AA's initials are DH and that is also her last name. She has nothing nice to say about Kwan now. Wolfie has also mellowed on Hughes and is totally anti Kwan. My how things change.:biggrin: I have to add though that IMO AA is not as unreasonable as W and could be very nice at times.

IDLERACER

Medalist
sk8m8 said:
If you notice in some of the post her name was Sue5745 or someting like that.
Yup. Now I remember it was Sue something or other. Not that I particularly miss her, but I'd still be curious to know if she wound up going completely psycho after Sarah won the gold, and for the last three and a half years has been sitting straight-jacketed in a rubber room somewhere.:rolleye:

Linny

Final Flight
Acerbic

Yeah, I remember the baton twirling... she was one of the more acerbic posters. It seemed rather incongruent. I always think of twillers as perky! Guess her one contribution was to totally blow up yet another stereotype.
Linny

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Welcome back Joe........don't scare us again like that.........

As for the "good ole days" at about.com. Wofice and Annie sure kept things lively there, and here later on before they turned to the "dark side" of posting. At least Pauline (Wofice) was upfront about her dislike of Michelle. AA always prefaced her posts with....."This isn't about Michelle, but". It used to drive me crazy, because her whole intent was to take a jab at Michelle...........:cool: 42

show 42 said:
Welcome back Joe........don't scare us again like that.........

As for the "good ole days" at about.com. Wofice and Annie sure kept things lively there, and here later on before they turned to the "dark side" of posting. At least Pauline (Wofice) was upfront about her dislike of Michelle. AA always prefaced her posts with....."This isn't about Michelle, but". It used to drive me crazy, because her whole intent was to take a jab at Michelle...........:cool: 42
Hi Show - What got me about those two who btw, appear in GS with other names from time to time, was that they were more interested in Kwan's defeat than anyone they wanted to win. It was Irina for a while then they switched to Sasha. Well, you were here for Sarah.:eek:

Neither of them were banned. there was no reason for it. It would be interesting to read whether it is Sasha over Irina or vice versa. Can you imagine if it is Alissa?:biggrin:

Those were the days.

Joe

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
It would be interesting to read whether it is Sasha over Irina or vice versa. Can you imagine if it is Alissa?

They both fall into the "anyone but Kwan" category. Of course it is Kwan's fault for being arrogant, allowing her fans to verbally attack Sasha, and not coming forward to clear Sasha's name after the bumping incident that did or did not happen. :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: