Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire. | Golden Skate

Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire.

XxSweetKissesxX

Match Penalty
Is anyone else here excited for the new movie. I can't wait to see it. I saw the preview and the Death Eaters look like the KKK... anyway I am so excited about the new movie and I am going to see it the day it comes out...

K-Mo

On the Ice
I'm really excited too!!! There will be an article about it in the upcoming Entertainment Weekly (Dan Radcliffe is on the cover). All of the trailers look really good. I'm excited to see the dragons and the Quidditch World Cup. Anyway, I'll be one of the masses lining up to see it.

bronxgirl

Medalist
count me in as one of the masses too. I loved the book, and it should be interesting to see the young actors grow into their roles as well. And Ralph Fiennes as He- Who-Must-Not be Named, well, that whould be a marvelous scene to watch!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I cannot wait!!!! My daughter and I are very excited! I won't wait in line during the opening weekend, but I will go early the following week at night. No lines--how many parents want to let their kids out on a school night? I, however, have no problem with it for such a special occasion. :rock:

heyang

Record Breaker
I'll probably go the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. I treat myself to vacation day Wednesday's between Thanksgiving and Christmas to do my shopping without crowds. Just another bonus to give myself.

XxSweetKissesxX

Match Penalty
I will be one of those people that is dressed up as a character with a wand, owl, hat, and Hogwarts costume on. I also love seeing Harry Potter movies on opening night because the people that go see it that night are usually the hardcore fans and they are alot of fun to talk to. I remember when I saw the second movie and I was chanting with some college girls- "Harry Potter... Harry Potter." great memories. :cool: :rock:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I too am totally psyched!!!! Am thinking of taking a day off from work to attend, but I might run into students..........that wouldn't be good..........:laugh: 42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Okay, I've already seen it twice and think it's the best "Harry Potter" installment to date. Anyone else...........?42

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I saw it, enjoyed it, but dont think it was as good as the first two. I think the series should pick a director and go with it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Saw it... I've never been into the Potter-mania

it was decent as far as films go... not sure if it needed the PG-13 rating as it's not as bad as some of those that have a PG rating but what do I know lol

Overall I was not impressed and I am still under the impression I have no missed anything :laugh:

anya_angie

Final Flight
I saw it and loved it.

I think though, that if Cedric's character had been more developed, by the time the end came I would have cried.

Still no substitute for Richard Harris!

Loved Pat Doyle's score. He didn't disappoint and didn't let me down. He's definitely more than a "Shakespearean romance" composer.

RALPH!!!!!! Definitely one of the best actors for villains since Alan Rickman!

Speaking of which, wasn't Snape supposed to be some sort of villain in this movie? I remember reading in Order of the Phoenix that "Snape was on (Dumbledore's) side" and he had turned evil in the previous book. Did I miss something?

Wish I could have seen more of Lucius!!! I love Lucius! Another great actor for villains!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
anya_angie said:
I think though, that if Cedric's character had been more developed, by the time the end came I would have cried.

he was actually my favorite of all the characters... and I admit I got choked up when he died (considering I've not read the books it came as a complete surprise to me and I was disappointed... that actor had actual talent)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
Saw it... I've never been into the Potter-mania

it was decent as far as films go... not sure if it needed the PG-13 rating as it's not as bad as some of those that have a PG rating but what do I know lol

Overall I was not impressed and I am still under the impression I have no missed anything :laugh:

I agree that it is more wholesome than some movies put out there as "family fare" but I think that it is probably too violent or scary for young children. Even though its fantasy violence, its violence none the less. Its hard to figure out what should be called what. I guess thats what the MPAA is for, although I usually disagree with them on their "language" issues.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Although reading the books first isn't necessary to enjoy a flick, with this series, reading the books first really enhances the movie going enjoyment............We're going again (the third time) this weekend with friends........can't wait!! 42

screech

Final Flight
One thing that disappointed me was that this one, more than any of the others, veered from the books. For instance, in Harry's dream, Barty Jr. was not there. We do not see Barty conjure the dark mark. And Barty was not the one to torture the Longbottoms. As the torture of the Longbottoms is mentioned a bit on book 5, I'm wondering how they're going to work around that. Also, we dont find out about Rita's 'bugginess' in this one. As this comes into play in book 5, I'm again wondering how they'll work around it.

I did enjoy the movie though. I find that a lot of movies have scenes that are just dull and you want to fast forward through. This one did not have any of those.

Ron (as usual) had some awesome one-liners, like 'you know how I like looking at them from behind...' and the Weasly twins were the most entertaining part as usual.

Cedric was a hottie. When he first appeared onscreen, my 32 year old sister went 'well hellooooo Cedric!' and there were a few appreciative whistles in the theatre at him. There were also some very appreciative whistles at shirtless Daniel Radcliffe, and some shocked noises at the almost-nudity. And may I say, that boy has got a decent build for someone his age. You can tell he became a swimmer for his scenes in this movie.

And Ralph Feinnes was amazing. I wasn't too sure what to expect from him as Voldemort, but he was amazing.

It was a good movie!! Can't wait for # 5 now (whenever they decide to start filming... damn Daniel and his need to do other movies!). Oh, and did you all hear about his salary for movie #5? $14.4 million dollars! Man, I want to be Harry Potter! A 16 year old making that much money?!?! Yeesh. Considering people like Tom Hanks make $20 million a picture... Wonder what Daniel will be getting by the time they get to number 7!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
First Harry Potter Experience will be Sunday!

I haven't read the books or seen any of the previous movies. One of our customer's owns a theatre in a small town near us that was originally opened in 1937. They have lovingly restored the theatre to the original period decor, and the latest Harry Potter opened there last weekend.

So...me and hubby and my "little brother" (Big Brothers Big Sisters) are going to the matinee on Sunday!!!

I'm hoping we can get the manager to give Little Brother a tour of the projection room. It's really a facinating mix of older, but "rock solid" technology and very modern technology.

There are so few of these older theatres still around, and it's a really cool place to go see a movie!!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
DG, hope you all enjoy the movie. Also hope the little brother thing is going well.

Thanks JO. I think it's going well. Last time we got together he told me about his girlfriend. (he's 12) ;)

MissCleo

On the Ice
I really liked this movie. Normally I am disappointed when the director chooses to leave out scenes. Well for this one, I wasnt. I think that I actually liked the fourth movie better than the book. (die-hard Harry Potter fans, please dont shoot me!)

K-Mo

On the Ice
I loved it. I think they did a good job of streamlining the book. It's a HUGE undertaking, and I had a great time watching it. I liked all the humorous undertones in the beginning. I really liked the Weasley twins, as usual.