Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New LP for Evan!

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever

New LP for Evan!

He is scrapping "Grease" and working on a new LP with Lori Nichol.

I think this is a great decison!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/servic...ered.intercept

Custom Title

those particular music cuts

The particular music cuts from Grease that they picked were the problem, IMO, not so much the choice of Grease. I'd rather they rework than scrap but certainly scrapping is better than continuing with what they had.
    Linny

Custom Title
    Take the best of the "Grease" snippets and make an exhibition program out of them.

But YAY! at killing "Grease" as a FS.

**Warning**

If you read the linked article beyond the Lysacek part, it contains a COC spoiler.

I'm REALLY glad Evan has dumped this program. Might make for a rough outing at NHK, but absolutely for the best in the long term!

DG
    Last edited by Doggygirl; 11-09-2005 at 09:57 AM.

Custom Title
    Smart move! While it wasn't a terrible progr4am it didn't do him any justice. Although I am a little concerned he won't have enough time to refine a new program.

Absolutely the right move. The Grease program was just too lightweight to be competitive. Last year's song and dance man was fine for what it was, but now that Evan is a serious contender, he's got to bring his best stuff.

MM

Ice Angel
    His Grease music cut or the music its self does not have a sound and memorable tone in it. The choreography is empty and messy. I was surprised that Frank Carroll said his program highly before he got on the ice for Campbell. Anyway, it's wise that he starts a new program with new music.

Custom Title
    We are seeing more and more awful music choices. Skaters pay tens of thousands of dollars for top level coaching, choreography, costumes etc. and then rely on their own taste or the taste of a coach for musical selections. They are clueless. And with musical knowledge and appreciation plummeting in the USA, I only see the situation getting worse. But then I can't understand how a tv show like American Idol, designed to appeal to latency aged children lasted for more than 2 weeks anyway. Go figure. If the trend in awful music continues, at least the USFSA will be able to make extra money selling earplugs at competitions I am glad that Evan is mature enough to realize how awful his music was and is able to correct the situation.
    Last edited by mmscfdcsu; 11-09-2005 at 05:12 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Absolutely the right move. The Grease program was just too lightweight to be competitive. Last year's song and dance man was fine for what it was, but now that Evan is a serious contender, he's got to bring his best stuff.

MM
    Evan a serious contender, LOL! Maybe if Plushenko, Takahashi, Lambiel, Sandhu, Weir, Buttle, Sandhu, all miss the Olympics with injury he is a serious contender for the bronze medal. Otherwise nada.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Evan a serious contender, LOL! Maybe if Plushenko, Takahashi, Lambiel, Sandhu, Weir, Buttle, Sandhu, all miss the Olympics with injury he is a serious contender for the bronze medal. Otherwise nada.
    He's the reigning World bronze medalist. Do names like "Alexei Urmanov" or "Sarah Hughes" ring a bell?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    He's the reigning World bronze medalist. Do names like "Alexei Urmanov" or "Sarah Hughes" ring a bell?
    Do other names like Vanessa Gusmeroli(97 World bronze medalist), Caryn Kadavy(87 World bronze medalist), or Todd Eldredge(91 and 2001 World bronze medalist)ring a bell? I think he is far more likely to fall into that category.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21
    Do other names like Vanessa Gusmeroli(97 World bronze medalist), Caryn Kadavy(87 World bronze medalist), or Todd Eldredge(91 and 2001 World bronze medalist)ring a bell? I think he is far more likely to fall into that category.
    That some reigning world bronze medalists haven't won the OGM doesn't alter the fact that, as the reigning world bronze medalist, he is a serious contender for a medal without everyone else having to get hurt. IMO, they were all serious contenders; it just worked out better for some than for others.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    That some reigning world bronze medalists haven't won the OGM doesn't alter the fact that, as the reigning world bronze medalist, he is a serious contender for a medal without everyone else having to get hurt. IMO, they were all serious contenders; it just worked out better for some than for others.
    Yes I am sure everybody was seriously considering Gusmeroli's chances at the 98 Olympics.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)

Thank Goodness!!!

I think its a very bad decision when a skater selects music from the "pops" category, particularily in an olympic year. In the olden days {read mid 90s} judges from the eastern block really frowned on programs to popular music. There used to be the same stigma in gymnastics floor programs, now more and more of those programs are to electronicky sounding junk.

I'm not saying you should always play it safe, for instance his program from last year was first rate and very classy... but no matter how much I love grease, it has no business being used outside of a exhibition routine.

I meant Evan is a serious contender to make the U.S. Olympic team.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast