Winter MARSHALL's LIVE TV | Golden Skate

Winter MARSHALL's LIVE TV

tripleflutz

On the Ice
Winter MARSHALL's in BOSTON 12/11/05, will be on live TV, check out the page on the usfsa website

tickets available at

www.ticketmaster.com

www.agganisarena.com

$50, $75, $150

Each skater will perform one exhibition, then fans will call a 1-900 number to vote
Then the top two ladies, and top two men will skate a second exhibition LIVE followed by a second call in vote

Michelle Kwan
Sasha Cohen
Alissa Czisny
Emily Hughes

Johnny Weir
Timothy Goebel
Evan Lysacek
Micheal Weiss

I don't know what to make of this, but the voting will probably just be a popularity contest, and not in the least objective. I think we could have a judging scandal at a cheesefest, and we'll be the judges, LOL

Last edited:

CDMM1991

Medalist
So does that mean that to vote you need to pay? (this is irrelevant to me anyways because I like in Canada) But it seems like they're not going to get many votes from your casual channel-surfer if it's going to cost them money. Anyways, I'm sure we can give the money to Michelle now :) And, despite my wishes, and Alissa's recent success, Sasha will most likely be the other skater in the top two. Emily, is pretty much out of the question I think.

Are these skaters going to be doing their competitive programs or exhibition numbers? Do you think they will do any high level jumps or will it just be a whole bunch of triple sals and toes?

I'm skeptical (sp?) of the format, but I'm sure I'll watch anyway, and I'm sure it will be of some entertainment value. Whether or not it will accomplish their goal of getting the casual channel-surfer interested in figure skating, I'm not sure, but I know we will all have a guilty-pleasure Sunday afternoon watching some fluffy "competition" :)

So when/what network is this being televised?

ETA: And of course the one FS event we get live is the cheesefest of all cheesefests :p

It will have entertainment value for the fans of fs but I think it puts down the competitive ideal of fs.

How many times can I vote for Alissa?:laugh:

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
Since it's just going to be a popularity/name recognition contest, no matter how anyone does, let's just book Sasha, Michelle, Johnny and Evan, and let the rest of the skaters stay at home training....

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Kasey said:
Since it's just going to be a popularity/name recognition contest, no matter how anyone does, let's just book Sasha, Michelle, Johnny and Evan, and let the rest of the skaters stay at home training....

Why make anyone travel, practice and skate?? Set up a poll and be done with it, I say. Mid season in an Oly year?? I'd love to be a fly on the wall privately to know what the top tier US skaters REALLY think about this.

DG

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Doggygirl said:
Why make anyone travel, practice and skate?? Set up a poll and be done with it, I say. Mid season in an Oly year?? I'd love to be a fly on the wall privately to know what the top tier US skaters REALLY think about this.

DG

Oh but then they couldn't have the equally classy Zamboni Demolition Derby for the Finale. Can't you just picture Johnny on one Zamboni..................Evan on another.......:no: :sheesh: :scowl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:

DG

Same here.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Zamboni Demolition Derby????

mmscfdcsu said:
Oh but then they couldn't have the equally classy Zamboni Demolition Derby for the Finale. Can't you just picture Johnny on one Zamboni..................Evan on another.......:no: :sheesh: :scowl:

I'm lovin' it!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Kasey

Medalist
mmscfdcsu said:

:clap: To the tune of "Duelling Banjos"!!!

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Kasey said:
:clap: To the tune of "Duelling Banjos"!!!

Let's hope the USFSA isn't reading this. If they are that desperate for ratings, they might go for it. Or, design a Survivor on Ice show. You get voted off of the ice. Challenges such as landing a triple axel with dull blades:rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes. This is the ONE time that I will agree with calling this event a "cheesefest". But the other events are actually competitions.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wait...you have to PAY to vote? (Or do you just speak of the cost of the call/text messaging service?)

Red Dog said:
Wait...you have to PAY to vote? (Or do you just speak of the cost of the call/text messaging service?)
I think that's what a 900 telephone call is all about. Many jokes about it in the sitcoms at one time when families were examining the phone bill.

Joe

Well, I am gradually rising out of my funk and getting ready to enjoy this after all. OK, the format is not to the taste of us die-hard fans. (I wonder if Alissa would have signed on if she had known she was going to make the GP finals.)

But why shouldn't figure skating take a shot at the current fad for interactive "unscripted" (I can't bring myself to say "reality") TV, a la American Idol and Dance with the Stars. It might be fun, it might stir up some pre-Olympic interest, and we might find out once and for all if the Michelle Kwan Forum really is so powerful that they can rally millions of voters to the glorious cause, LOL. ;)

Mathman :)