Balance Beam: Nastia Liukin - GOLD
Chellsie Memmel - SILVER

Floor Exercise: Alicia Sacramone - GOLD
Nastia Liukin - SILVER

U.S. Women just dominated :rock: :clap: :rock: :clap:

Mk4Eva

Rinkside
Gymnastics

I'm so excited that someone else in this huge world is a fan of gymnastics! The USA did a fantastic job at the worlds! The girls won 9 medels including 4 gold, 4 silver and 1 bronze! I couldn't be more happy for Chellsie Memmel! She has worked so hard and deserves this world all-around championship! I can't wait to watch all the action on tv! Does anyone know when it will be aired?

Is there any other huge gym nuts out there? Let me tell ya that I've been a fan of gymnastics longer than skating but since skating is much more televised it's a lot eaiser to keep up to date on! Does anyone know where I can find a good up to date gymnastics board? Every gymnatics board I find is nothing like goldenskate! You people are so dedicated to this wonderful sport and I'm so glad to be apart of this group! YOU ROCK!

Today's my B-DAY! Love ya'll,
Ron

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Mk4Eva said:
I'm so excited that someone else in this huge world is a fan of gymnastics! The USA did a fantastic job at the worlds! The girls won 9 medels including 4 gold, 4 silver and 1 bronze! I couldn't be more happy for Chellsie Memmel! She has worked so hard and deserves this world all-around championship! I can't wait to watch all the action on tv! Does anyone know when it will be aired?

Is there any other huge gym nuts out there? Let me tell ya that I've been a fan of gymnastics longer than skating but since skating is much more televised it's a lot eaiser to keep up to date on! Does anyone know where I can find a good up to date gymnastics board? Every gymnatics board I find is nothing like goldenskate! You people are so dedicated to this wonderful sport and I'm so glad to be apart of this group! YOU ROCK!

Today's my B-DAY! Love ya'll,
Ron

Nope...........This is pretty much where you willl get your Gym news for me :)

BTW, Here is how the U.S. Women made a ton of history:

A quick summary of the U.S. women's achievements

1. Nine medals (four gold, four silver and one bronze)
2. Four 1-2 finishes (all-around, uneven bars, balance beam and floor exercise)
3. First U.S. all-around title since 1994 (Shannon Miller, 1993-94)
4. First U.S. 1-2 finish in the women's world all-around vMemmel's 0.001 margin of victory over Liukin is the closest finish since 1985 when two Soviets tied for the title
5. Sacramone's bronze vault medal is the USA's second world vault medal; Brandy Johnson was the silver medalist in 1989.
6. Ties most medals won by a country at a single World Championships at nine (Romania had nine in 1987 with four gold, one silver and four bronze) since countries are limited to two athletes in a final