2005 World Gymnastics Championships - Nov. 21-27 | Golden Skate

2005 World Gymnastics Championships - Nov. 21-27

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
WCSN Gets Global Reach

Previously limited to U.S. subscribers, World Championship Sports Network's streaming Internet broadcast will be available globally for the 2005 artistic world championships in Melbourne, Australia.

Claude Ruibal, president and CEO of WCSN, said there will be a waiting period for countries with television coverage of the event. After the waiting period, subscribers in these countries will have access to the full archive.

WCSN launched earlier this fall and offers on-demand video coverage of world championships sports events through a high-speed Internet connection.

Commentators for Melbourne include IG's Bart Conner and Nadia Comaneci, as well as U.S. Olympians Blaine Wilson and Tasha Schwikert. Wilson and Schwikert will cover the event from WCSN's studio in Los Angeles, where Schwikert studies broadcast journalism at UCLA.

Ruibal said WCSN.com's partner company, Major League Baseball, is currently updating its technology to allow international subscribers to register.

WCSN.com Geographic Restrictions for 2005 Worlds

30-day waiting period
Australia
South Korea

10-day waiting period
All European countries*
Brazil
Chile
Japan
Mexico

All Others
No delay

* No delay for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Georgia, Israel or Turkey

External Link: World Championship Sports Network

Johar

Medalist
I ddn't know Jason Gatson and Mohini Bjhardwaj were bf/gf! I thought she was engaged to her former coach. Well, she and Jason make a cute couple. :thumbsup:

Buzzz

Final Flight
Results of the men's AA
1. Tomita - JPN
2. Mizutori - JPN
3. Savenkov - BLR
4. Martinez - SPN
5. Khorokhordin - RUS
6. Selariu - ROM
7. Liang - CHN
8 Savitski - BLR
9 Kim - KOR
10 Spiridonov - GER

JOHIO2

Medalist
Sailor, believe it or not, but CCTV5 is broadcasting the women's competition now. Picky, picky -- so it's 4 am here. Gotta go watch. :rofl:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Great news for US fans -- Liukin and Memmel are 1 and 2 in the all-around after 3 rotations! Way to go Anastasia and Chelsea!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Time to go back and see the ending of this competition, now that it's turning into a nail-biter for US fans....

JOHIO2

Medalist
This is a spoiler, but since this is not a gymnastics board, I'm going for it.

Chelsea Memmel takes gold over Anastasia Liukin by 1/1000 of a point.

Congrats to Chelsea and Nastia. The home team took third -- Monette Russo of Australia got the bronze.

http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/

First US all-around since Shannon Miller. First 1-2. First medal for Australian lady.

http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/events/2005/worlds/

Last edited:

Lucy25

Final Flight
I watched it live and both girls were great. Nastia needs to up her vault difficulty. Those scores made the difference today. I prefer Nastia's style of gymnastics, but I can't argue with the results; Chelsie was rock solid.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Have Patterson and Paul Hamm retired?

No.

Carly Patterson is still training in the gym and wants to make a return next year :)

Paul and Morgan Hamm has took time off to pursue their education. In 2007, they will decide whether or not to make a run at the 2008 Games