U.S. ice dancers and the Olympics | Page 2 | Golden Skate

U.S. ice dancers and the Olympics

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Gregory and Pethukov are my 3 favorites, and my second favorite's in American skating, so I'll be pulling for them in February.

I hope hope hope that B&A can make it in time! I swear they could make a tv movie out of their partnership, lol :laugh:

Dyan

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
I think I was mainly refering to their true senior debut - last year's nationals. They went in as favorites for the bronze, yet only ended up finishing 5th. ...................

............Looking at their detailed scores from the free is very interesting. I can tell that Garanina is loading them with very difficult elements that they are not fully ready for. Compare them to Wing & Lowe. M&Z had a higher tech score than W&L. However, their average GoE was actually negative, with a final tech score 1 point lower than the sum of base values. W&L's tech score, OTOH, was 0.7 above base.

Thanks for clarifying Ptichka. I agree with you about their placement at Nationals last season. I also expected them to finish higher than where they ended up.

And it's also true that they have difficult elements but at the moment they don't seem to be able to handle that difficulty. Both at EWC and COC the FD had a few mistakes sprinkled throughout. At COC it seemed Morgan and Max just ran out of steam right before the end of the program. I do hope they can become more comfortable with their FD by the time they compete at Nationals; if not even if Max receives his citizenship they still won't have a shot at making the team with so many miscues.