Thread: Christine Brennan on Tanith and her quest for U.S citizenship.

Banned

Christine Brennan on Tanith and her quest for U.S citizenship.

A very intersting article, and for once when it comes to a Christine Brennan article, I agree with almost every word.

Down With It
    Didn't Tanith say during the Campbell's broadcast that if such an action is going to happen (her getting citizenship), it would have to be SOON (like now), otherwise they wouldn't have time to prepare?

It's November now. Almost the end of it actually. Just two more months. I'm about ready to just write this all off as a lost cause. All this mess of campaigning and writing letters ot Congress, it's not going to happen. In the slight chance that it does, they won't have that much time to prepare for them, therefore that might compromise any chances they might have had in doing well.

I agree with Brennan that they are the best American hope for a medal right now, but I'm not with the push that she should get citizenship NOW. I really don't care. She just shouldn't get any special treatment- rules are rules. Just like Mao should not be able to compete in Turin because of the age rule, Belbin and Agosto, unfair as it might be, shouldn't be able to compete in Turin due to the citizenship rule. It's that simple.

JM(slightly rough)O.

On the Ice

Bill failed

The bill failed. Does anyone know what can happen next?

Down With It
    I wasn't aware that the bill failed. Well, I think I can conclude that it's basically all over now.

Ice Angel
    Frankly speaking, their power, speed, and ice coverage are still weaker than few other couples.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    I wasn't aware that the bill failed. Well, I think I can conclude that it's basically all over now.
    Sadly I think you are right.

Perhaps you are right though, it isnt right to give special treatment, because of a tempting reward possably waiting at the end of the rainbow. Once that rainbow dries out, all that is left is a potential future mess, with regard to accusations of double standards, manipulation of laws, etc......in potential future cases.