Christine Brennan on Tanith and her quest for U.S citizenship. | Golden Skate

Christine Brennan on Tanith and her quest for U.S citizenship.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Didn't Tanith say during the Campbell's broadcast that if such an action is going to happen (her getting citizenship), it would have to be SOON (like now), otherwise they wouldn't have time to prepare?

It's November now. Almost the end of it actually. Just two more months. I'm about ready to just write this all off as a lost cause. All this mess of campaigning and writing letters ot Congress, it's not going to happen. In the slight chance that it does, they won't have that much time to prepare for them, therefore that might compromise any chances they might have had in doing well.

I agree with Brennan that they are the best American hope for a medal right now, but I'm not with the push that she should get citizenship NOW. I really don't care. She just shouldn't get any special treatment- rules are rules. Just like Mao should not be able to compete in Turin because of the age rule, Belbin and Agosto, unfair as it might be, shouldn't be able to compete in Turin due to the citizenship rule. It's that simple.

JM(slightly rough)O.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wasn't aware that the bill failed. Well, I think I can conclude that it's basically all over now. :cool:

jesslily

Final Flight
Frankly speaking, their power, speed, and ice coverage are still weaker than few other couples.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
I wasn't aware that the bill failed. Well, I think I can conclude that it's basically all over now. :cool:

Sadly I think you are right. :scowl:

Perhaps you are right though, it isnt right to give special treatment, because of a tempting reward possably waiting at the end of the rainbow. Once that rainbow dries out, all that is left is a potential future mess, with regard to accusations of double standards, manipulation of laws, etc......in potential future cases.