Court TV's Nancy Grace | Golden Skate

Court TV's Nancy Grace

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Anyone else overly annoyed by her. I know I can just switch to a different channel, but I have been watching the Carlie Bruccia trial.

Nancy Grace, I feel, is nothing more than a drama queen. There's advocacy, and then there's "oh look if I can yell and scream I get attention" and I feel that's what Grace tends to lean towards. Yesterday she called the defense lawyer on this trial a baby who needs his baba because he wouldn't let her interview him. Considering she had been belittling him for the past hour and a half, I wouldn't have talked to her either were I him.

So is it just me, or is she annoying? LOL (She was annoying during Scott Peterson's trial too):no:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Yeah, she's annoying. I sometimes catch snippets of her show on CNN. She has a very annoying speech pattern. I hate the way she emphasizes every fifth word or so. It may be effective as a lawyer, but it sure as heck is annoying on tv. The whole drama queen thing too. I think whoever gave her the gig on CNN should've done it on the condition that she remedy those two things and gotten her speech lessons, even. The only time that she was tolerable to me was right after that lawyer's? wife was killed out in California recently. She was a friend of their's apparently and Anderson Cooper or somebody was interviewing her as a friend of the family. She didn't talk like she normally does on tv and seemed human to me for once.

I generally can't stand to watch her for more than five minutes.

sk8m8

Final Flight
You may be interested to know that Ms. Grace is on television rather than in a courtroom because she was censured by the Georgia Supreme Court for prosecutorial misconduct. Her crime....inviting a outside investigator onto a crime scene to prove a point. The result is that a man who was most likely guilty went free.

I know all of this because it happened in Atlanta and was a major story, though I doubt Ms. Grace would put in on her resume. No doubt she'd tell you SHE was the wronged party.

This kind of zelotry is exactly what kind of personality Ms. Grace brings to her show. She seems to have two speed....stop and WIDE OPEN. Her heaping on of standard ingenuous debate tatics ( My friend, friend, my learned colllegue, blah blah) only serves to illustrate how smarmy she is. One note of thanks, I do not spend nearly the time I did listening to CNN anymore.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I like her. She's been driven ever since her fiance' was murdered. I don't blame her for wanting to help other's who are in situations like hers.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
On "Passions" they had a prosecutor "Miss Nancy" who was a spoof of Nancy Grace and was hilarious. OTOH I can't imagine experiencing what she has and not being a litlle nuts. I like her.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
childfreegirl said:
The only time that she was tolerable to me was right after that lawyer's? wife was killed out in California recently. She was a friend of their's apparently and Anderson Cooper or somebody was interviewing her as a friend of the family. She didn't talk like she normally does on tv and seemed human to me for once.

that was where she annoyed me most with teh Drama Queen thing.... he took her through the house he and his wife were building and he mentioned that he couldn't live in the home she was murdered in. And Nancy got all "You can't NOT keep the house" and starts this bursting into tears act that I found to be so fake! It was like Woman, shut up, it's HIS house, it was HIS tragedy... you had yours and no one is blaming you for doing what you did afterwards so let's let him do what he wants...

She just always seems to upstage the victim. While I understand she is driven by her own tragedy and all, others also have gone through it and they don't need a spotlight 24/7.

She was also very unprofessional journalistic wise during the Peterson murder trial. She had him convicted before the trial even started, and while I agreed with her that he was, it is a BIG no no in media. She was also very cruel and rude to Scott Peterson's parents. Let them be in denial if they want. They didn't kill Laci, so don't treat them as scum of the earth for hoping for a better outcome for their child.

She just got done chewing out Lisa Bloom because Bloom cautioned her on her tone of voice. :unsure: Because it made Grace sound as though she didn't think the convicted murderer should have a fair sentencing hearing. (And I was agreeing with Bloom, Grace was way out of line with what and how she phrased what she said) Obviously her "friends, and learned colleagues" are getting annoyed with the act as well. She also had some not too nice things to say of her former co-anchor Mr. Cochran (OJ's lawyer) after he died too. :frown2:

They spoofed her on the 2 hours Law and Order Criminal Intent show a few weeks back... I was all "OMG! I can't get away from her no matter WHAT I do."

SingAlto

On the Ice
I can't stand the woman. The only people on TV news who annoy me more are Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter. :sheesh:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
sk8m8 said:
You may be interested to know that Ms. Grace is on television rather than in a courtroom because she was censured by the Georgia Supreme Court for prosecutorial misconduct. Her crime....inviting a outside investigator onto a crime scene to prove a point. The result is that a man who was most likely guilty went free.

I know all of this because it happened in Atlanta and was a major story, though I doubt Ms. Grace would put in on her resume. No doubt she'd tell you SHE was the wronged party.

This kind of zelotry is exactly what kind of personality Ms. Grace brings to her show. She seems to have two speed....stop and WIDE OPEN. Her heaping on of standard ingenuous debate tatics ( My friend, friend, my learned colllegue, blah blah) only serves to illustrate how smarmy she is. One note of thanks, I do not spend nearly the time I did listening to CNN anymore.

I'm not surprised at all.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
that was where she annoyed me most with teh Drama Queen thing.... he took her through the house he and his wife were building and he mentioned that he couldn't live in the home she was murdered in. And Nancy got all "You can't NOT keep the house" and starts this bursting into tears act that I found to be so fake! It was like Woman, shut up, it's HIS house, it was HIS tragedy... you had yours and no one is blaming you for doing what you did afterwards so let's let him do what he wants...

She just always seems to upstage the victim. While I understand she is driven by her own tragedy and all, others also have gone through it and they don't need a spotlight 24/7.

She was also very unprofessional journalistic wise during the Peterson murder trial. She had him convicted before the trial even started, and while I agreed with her that he was, it is a BIG no no in media. She was also very cruel and rude to Scott Peterson's parents. Let them be in denial if they want. They didn't kill Laci, so don't treat them as scum of the earth for hoping for a better outcome for their child.

She just got done chewing out Lisa Bloom because Bloom cautioned her on her tone of voice. :unsure: Because it made Grace sound as though she didn't think the convicted murderer should have a fair sentencing hearing. (And I was agreeing with Bloom, Grace was way out of line with what and how she phrased what she said) Obviously her "friends, and learned colleagues" are getting annoyed with the act as well. She also had some not too nice things to say of her former co-anchor Mr. Cochran (OJ's lawyer) after he died too. :frown2:

They spoofed her on the 2 hours Law and Order Criminal Intent show a few weeks back... I was all "OMG! I can't get away from her no matter WHAT I do."

Apparently I saw a different interview or didn't see the whole thing. Geez!

JOHIO2

Medalist
SingAlto, gotta agree with you that Hannity and Coulter are annoying. Add Pat Buchanon to that list.

As for Nancy, she is almost always over-the-top. It's her schtick and apparently she'll keep doing it as long as she continues to get paid to do it. I compare her to Rita Cosby on MSNBC and Greta van Susteran on Fox. Rita isn't quite as out there as Nancy but is just as annoying - I find her voice grating. I actually like Greta, but the powers that be always send her out on things like the Aruba/Natalee thing. I guess we just have to realize that each of these "personalities" is going to be doing the same kinds of programs and showing the same prejudices and decide to watch or not based on how often we can take watching them.

I have a friend who only watches Bret Hume on Fox. She says he's the only newscaster who seems fair and not partisan or over-the-top on things. Personally, he puts me to sleep.

So, which will go first? Nancy or Jerry Springer????

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I can't stand Nancy Grace. She goes off half-cocked without facts/evidence to prove her points. I don't watch her anymore & haven't for the past year. I love Anderson Cooper, however. I like Shepherd Smith, too.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I think she seems to be a very compassionate and caring person.

mike79

On the Ice
I've got to agree that she can be really annoying. The only time I can deal with her is when she replaces Larry King occasionally. I'd rather hear her than Larry throwing out one softball question after another, while not even bothering to have read a basic bio of his guests.

Aloft04

On the Ice
Often the intensity and drive that a man brings to the TV screen isn't as well received when emanating from a woman? I think that may be the case with Nancy Grace. She's very intense.

Her track record as an unrelenting advocate for victims' rights and her work for battered women make her very appealing to me.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Her intensity, IMHO, is misguided/directed though...

she often makes more of a scene than is nessecery, for no apparent reason. She enjoys the attention, or she wouldn't say almost daily on her show that she enjoys hearing the negative comments. It's that whole "negative attention is better than no attention."

She is a journalist, a media head, she should work in a professional manner, and degrading a guest is never professional.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Aloft04 said:
Often the intensity and drive that a man brings to the TV screen isn't as well received when emanating from a woman? I think that may be the case with Nancy Grace. She's very intense.

Her track record as an unrelenting advocate for victims' rights and her work for battered women make her very appealing to me.

Amen!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I can see where you are coming from, Toni. Her overzealousness and "attack" sometimes irks me to the point of extreme annoyance, but she is actively out to make a difference and push for change. I respect her for that. She is passionate....to say the least. :biggrin:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

I think Nancy is still in prosecutorial/adversarial mode when it comes to her guests. She's nice and sweet and supportive to those she agrees with and goes for the jugular with the rest.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
now she's attacking Joe Bruccia, the father of Carlie Bruccia, because he's hoping his daughter's killer gets life and not death.... because he's hoping for jailhouse justice

Nancy wants death for the killer (not that I don't)

where does she come off yelling at someone who has lost a child?????? It's HIS daughter, let him say what he likes about the man who killed her UUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH